Gear VR registration/approval/shipping/arrival info & also problems.

tattooed4515

Apr 20, 2017
Visit site
Does anyone know how to view tracking info? Not getting any dates

Try using fed ex delivery manager. You have to sign up for it but it's free. A lot of times you'll find out something shipped through there before you ever get shipment status. In this case I found out my vr shipped before I ever got tracking info from Samsung.

My free vr showed up last night.

SnoFire

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
Mine had the label created on Friday and said it would be delivered on Saturday 5/13 but never showed up. It wasn't until Sunday afternoon that the Delievery date changed to "Pending". I had my hopes up that it was coming and I could play with it...Sadly no.

whaddupdoe

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Same here, and I should have known better cause the same thing happened with the 2016 Gear VR lol. But I fell for it again. I guess because I stay 20 mins away from the warehouse that they ship from I would expect to receive fast, but nope!

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Mine had the label created on Friday and said it would be delivered on Saturday 5/13 but never showed up. It wasn't until Sunday afternoon that the Delievery date changed to "Pending". I had my hopes up that it was coming and I could play with it...Sadly no.

I had this initially, but it updated Friday night to say delivery Tuesday. So basically they made the label but didn't it didn't get picked up until Friday Afternoon.

SkhairKro

May 1, 2017
Visit site
Sadly I've not any new updates on my end, unfortunately. No labels made in FedEX Managers, still says "Possessing Gift" on the 3rd graphic, instead of the 4th "Gift Sent" but for the past 5 some days changed to "We expect your gift to ship between 5/23/2017 and 5/30/2017. Please check back often as shipping dates may change." but as I mentioned, still no "Gift-sent" yet :( Also no new emails from Samsung Promotions either, the last one I got just being this "We are currently possessing your Gift please wait 6-8 weeks to ship" email I got on the 10th along with that "Expect ship between 5/23/2017 and 5/30/2017. Some people had those dates change while also having theirs ship anyhow before the date, mine hasn't changed at all. Some also mentioned getting theirs in the mail before status changed to "Gift-Sent" and without any tracking notice in FedEX manager, nor Samsung Promotion email with tracking sent ahead of it shipping, is that common? I'm hoping perhaps mine could come in the mail today even, if that's the case!

farocco

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
I missed the promo by one day, but was told by Verizon I could get it. When I contacted Samsung via email, they told me no as I missed the deadline. Verizon offered to sell me one for 50.00.

I responded to Samsung's email and said forget it I am returning the phone.
Next day I get am email saying I was approved. Fedex shows I will be getting it tomorrow.

Still not happy the way Verizon handled this.

CurtisV0651

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Sadly I've not any new updates on my end, unfortunately. No labels made in FedEX Managers, still says "Possessing Gift" on the 3rd graphic, instead of the 4th "Gift Sent" but for the past 5 some days changed to "We expect your gift to ship between 5/23/2017 and 5/30/2017. Please check back often as shipping dates may change." but as I mentioned, still no "Gift-sent" yet :( Also no new emails from Samsung Promotions either, the last one I got just being this "We are currently possessing your Gift please wait 6-8 weeks to ship" email I got on the 10th along with that "Expect ship between 5/23/2017 and 5/30/2017. Some people had those dates change while also having theirs ship anyhow before the date, mine hasn't changed at all. Some also mentioned getting theirs in the mail before status changed to "Gift-Sent" and without any tracking notice in FedEX manager, nor Samsung Promotion email with tracking sent ahead of it shipping, is that common? I'm hoping perhaps mine could come in the mail today even, if that's the case!

If it says that then it won't move to gift sent.

if it says they are going to send 23-30 that means sometime in that window it should move to gift sent...

You might get lucky but don't get your hopes up.

Mine says the 17th-24th so thats when I will actually be irritated if it hasn't shipped by 25th

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
When I registered on the 21st the buy bundle option was there so I selected it, and sat on the sidelines, and the email finally came to pay, paid and just sitting again and waiting for it to show up. It will come.

I think the late emails are just them doing it as stock is available. So far it looks like they are on schedule for the 6 to 8 weeks that stated.

TechWhore

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Anyone who registered by Friday morning, and had the option to choose the 99 dollar bundle, got it. We just had to wait 3 weeks for the email to buy but our place in line was held.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the free VR/controller on April 21. The emails and online status slowly progressed since then, and this morning the package is out for delivery with FedEx. The process has been much slower than with some previous Samsung promotions, but still within the advertised timeframe.