Gear VR registration/approval/shipping/arrival info & also problems.

brittydj

Apr 18, 2017
Visit site
Re: Gear VR registration/approval/shipping info & also problems.

Odd....

Was your from

BRIGHTPOINT NORTH AMERICA
TRAFFIC Department
501 AIRTECH PKWY
PLAINFIELD, IN US 461687408
317 707-2192

It is coming Fedex home not 2 day, Is 1.6 lbs and has no dimensions listed.

Only other thing I ordered with Samsung is got the free month of Samsung premium care.
Wonder if they send documents or something.. Hmmm

Mine is coming from the exact same place and it's also 1.6 lbs. Somethings fishy.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

Paid for the $99. bundle on 4/20 and as of this morning 4/27 no shipping or tracking info. :-\

mfryck

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

What a pain in the butt. Ordered the bundle for $99 and all I received was the Gear VR and charged $99. Sat on the phone for 2 hours and could not get to talk to anyone. My order does show the gear vr only, but why did I get charged? I ordered on the 20th.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

What a pain in the butt. Ordered the bundle for $99 and all I received was the Gear VR and charged $99. Sat on the phone for 2 hours and could not get to talk to anyone. My order does show the gear vr only, but why did I get charged? I ordered on the 20th.

Maybe you'll end up with 2 Gear VR's in the long run once the $99. bundle ships.

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site

So I finally receive an email from Samsung and they say my registration wasn't approved because my purchase did not occur within the offer purchase period. I preordered on April 1st! Within 3 hours, I receive another email from Samsung saying "Congratulations... Your new Gear VR with Controller and Oculus content bonus will be sent to the address you registered..." WTH??? So, I immediately went to the website to see if this was true and it appears as if it is preparing for shipping. SERIOUSLY!!! Samsung really needs to fix how they handle their promotions.

J

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

Guess I sneaked in under the wire. Finally received my pre-ordered phone on 4/25. Submitted the paperwork for the GearVR promotion that afternoon. Checked the status online today and its shows accepted/approved today and processing.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

So I have two Gear VRs being delivered soon (phone for wife and I). However, my wife didn't like the phone and has sent it back already (dropped it off in the mail yesterday). Should we just call Samsung about returning the VR or is there a process for this?

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site

Just got the notification it was delivered! sucks now i've gotta wait till 5pm to use it!

Edgar5

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site

Anyone that had to resubmit a copy of a receipt get the opportunity to order the $99 bundle?

TB-1599

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site

By the time I got home from work with my new phone the 99.00 bundle was sold out :'(

CurtisV0651

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site

So I finally receive an email from Samsung and they say my registration wasn't approved because my purchase did not occur within the offer purchase period. I preordered on April 1st! Within 3 hours, I receive another email from Samsung saying "Congratulations... Your new Gear VR with Controller and Oculus content bonus will be sent to the address you registered..." WTH??? So, I immediately went to the website to see if this was true and it appears as if it is preparing for shipping. SERIOUSLY!!! Samsung really needs to fix how they handle their promotions.

J
When did you register for it?

gpatrick15

Mar 27, 2009
Visit site

Registered on 4/20, resubmitted on 4/21 approved 4/22, nothing since. I'm stuck at processing gift.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

This is so bizarre, but I'm not going to complain. First, I'm the past hour I tried chat, but they said they can't help with Samsung promotions and need to call. I expressed my frustration with the phone system and they said that's the only way. Called, and actually got someone to pick up within about 15 minutes. She said I would need to talk to promotions, so she transferred me. Had to go through an automated system, and found an option for the promotions department. Was on hold for almost an hour, and decided to look at my emails, and in the last 10 minutes, Samsung sent me an email that my submission is approved! What? They told me in the last email that my receipts weren't good enough, and they left me out in the cold and wouldn't answer the phone.

Gonna leave it alone now. Maybe somebody finally figured out that they are creating too much work for themselves by denying legitimate submissions

This happened to me too... I got declined then accepted in a later email... strange.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

J

So you're upset that they corrected a problem on their own 😂😂😂

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

So I have two Gear VRs being delivered soon (phone for wife and I). However, my wife didn't like the phone and has sent it back already (dropped it off in the mail yesterday). Should we just call Samsung about returning the VR or is there a process for this?

No just keep it for future use or sell it. Samsung doesn't care.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1