Gear VR registration/approval/shipping/arrival info & also problems.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I'm wondering if they ran out of product and are in the process of replenishing stock. I'm in the same boat. I wasn't approved initially because it was done around the 21st and within a couple hours, I was approved. Still haven't received any updates since receiving the approval. Wish they would at least keep you in the loop on your promotion.

J

In the past Samsung used a 3d party to handle shipping. I remember there being no rhyme or reason to how orders were processed. People that submitted claims weeks after me were getting their rewards within days while those that submitted on day one were still waiting. So I don't worry about it any more once I get the notice that my claim has been approved.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I got an approved email and also could see when I logged in to the app that it was approved a couple weeks ago, but now I get "under review" when I look with the app. What gives? Is this normal?

jaymzb0nd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I received my Gear VR and it's pretty cool. When it was shipped, I got an email notifying me of that along with how to access my Oculus bonus content. The only issue is, I never got a Code to redeem. Can anyone else tell me where they got their code?

How to access your Oculus content bonus:
Create or sign in to your Oculus account from your new Samsung Galaxy device.
From the Oculus app, tap the More icon on the bottom right > tap Redeem Code > enter your code** > tap Submit.**You can omit the dash when entering your code, it will automatically populate.
Download your content bonus. (After downloading the content, your titles will appear in your library.)
Please make sure to access your Oculus account and download content by 11:59:59 PM Pacific Time on July 31, 2017 when the download expires.

SNOOP97DAWG

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
FINALLY! :D It arrived today. Funny that i received the item sent email only after it arrived. Something is definitely wrong with their notification system. samsung.jpg

SkhairKro

May 1, 2017
Visit site
Gratz dude! I'm Envious, you got the "Fully Immersive" bundle! I was 1 hour from pre-Ordering the Phone in store before the store closed and I missed the promotion cuttoff time! By having the phone ordered online, I had to wait for it to ship by the 24th, by that time the fully imersive bundles was sold out. :(

jrcdpm

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Here is the problem with those that say we are ignoring the 6-8 weeks for delivery. Pre-ordered the phone from Verizon on March 30. Got phone two days before release from Verizon. Used app to submit for free VR. They said they could not read photo--I looked at it and you could it was clear. Re-submitted online with lease agreement from Verizon. They said it did not have information about the phone--it did. Hours on the phone with customer service, resubmission of all information and finally approved. Now have finally gotten update that will ship between 5/29 and 6/5. So what is the problem with the 6-8 week timeframe--just that many have received the promotion, but many of us have not because Samsung cannot process things correctly. That is the frustration--not that we have to wait, but that we are waiting because of their messing things up and no apparent effort to expedite processing for those they messed up.

tattooed4515

Apr 20, 2017
Visit site
My free vr package status finally changed to gift sent. Suppose to be shipped between 5/8 and 5/15. Haven't received tracking yet and there's nothing in FedEx delivery manager yet. Submitted my info the 21st. Got the email saying invalid entry, which was my fault the next day. Resubmitted that day. Was approved the next day.

cocob89

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
Really makes no sense how they send them out. The folks that were approved first should get them first. Oh Samsung

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I received my Gear VR and it's pretty cool. When it was shipped, I got an email notifying me of that along with how to access my Oculus bonus content. The only issue is, I never got a Code to redeem. Can anyone else tell me where they got their code?

It's on this card. There is a scratch off portion with your code under the part I redacted.

Mav.
7eb0e56adc2bb435b37a24913aca0a2c.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20