Gear VR registration/approval/shipping/arrival info & also problems.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Well looks like it is on the way already. Saturday delivery. So much for the 22nd. Lol
17142c3481a550b5babc23ec76953d8a.jpg

Miles Kennefick

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
I'll agree with some of what your saying. If you say the word free people jump thru hurdle after hurdle, spend hours on the phone to get it.

Let's break this down a little bit. This $99 bundle is not a $480 savings. The VR should not even be listed as a savings because everyone gets that free anyway. The SD card, is selling for $150 on Samsung and less on Amazon website. The headset is $150 on Amazon. So in reality your saving $195 if you want card and headsets. If you only want one of those items your saving $50 or less. People could just have gotten the free VR and ordered what they wanted and save a lot of headache.

So yes, your 100% correct when you say your time is worth something, how many people sat on hold for over 2 hours plus more then once for this promo, it's nice to save money, but at what point does it become not worth it.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170511/b583d8be9e1de98e52a7ac2f68a7e8fb.jpg
That's kind of faulty logic. I agree that your $195 value is more realistic than what Samsung says, but you can't discount the value of both items if you "only want one." Whether you want the items is irrelevant in determining the savings.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: Gear VR registration/approval/shipping/arrival info & also problems.

That's kind of faulty logic. I agree that your $195 value is more realistic than what Samsung says, but you can't discount the value of both items if you "only want one." Whether you want the items is irrelevant in determining the savings.
If you want one item it would cost apox. $50 more to avoid countless 2+ hour calls to Samsung. I've seen a lot say they really only want one of the items, that's what I was getting at

Last edited:

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you can pay any attention to the notifications. Mine originally said ship between 5/29 and 6/5 then changed to 4/21 and 4/28 (obviously already past) and now I have a ship notification indicating from FedEx should be delivered this Saturday (5/13). What a messed up system.
I just went through a similar sequence. Well, they may give out false and inconsistent information, but at least it appears to be standardized.

Keith929

May 10, 2017
Visit site
Yeah. Mine now says "Congratulations! Your submission has been approved and your gift has been processed.
We expect your gift to ship between 6/5/2017 and 6/12/2017. Please check back often as shipping dates may change."

processing gift is checked and sent is checked above.

rhsortho

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
I am confused. I submitted for the free bundle on 4/19 via the website. got approval emal on the 21st. website status been stuck on approved til may 5th-it now also says, gift processed (up top the gift sent is checked) however no shipping estimates like others are getting is shown. checking status via the app says "..approved and gift processed" yet right under that, status says review in progress. Then on May 10 I get an emal "your gift status", which says redeem your gift by May 24. 2017... you can still purchase your fully immerstive gear vr experience for $99.....". if I click the buy now link it takes me to the store/cart where it's available for purchase. I was under the impression these bundles were sold out. so are they waiting for me to purchase the bundle?? the email has the number to call with questions but I don't feel like waiting on hold for hours. should I buy it ordisregard that email and wait to see if my original submission will ship?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I am confused. I submitted for the free bundle on 4/19 via the website. got approval emal on the 21st. website status been stuck on approved til may 5th-it now also says, gift processed (up top the gift sent is checked) however no shipping estimates like others are getting is shown. checking status via the app says "..approved and gift processed" yet right under that, status says review in progress. Then on May 10 I get an emal "your gift status", which says redeem your gift by May 24. 2017... you can still purchase your fully immerstive gear vr experience for $99.....". if I click the buy now link it takes me to the store/cart where it's available for purchase. I was under the impression these bundles were sold out. so are they waiting for me to purchase the bundle?? the email has the number to call with questions but I don't feel like waiting on hold for hours. should I buy it ordisregard that email and wait to see if my original submission will ship?
Yes, they are waiting for you to purchase the bundle.

Pharmdogg02

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site

If you don't want to order it, can I have your promo code?

latinoboi30

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site

Unfortunately, they are waiting for you to purchase the bundle. This happened to me as well. I registered for the free vr and controller. Then the email stated approved to buy my bundle and I gave up on all the mess that was going on, that I decided to just buy the bundle and have received it this past Tuesday.

ImNoPrince

May 7, 2012
Visit site

They were sold out , but as you got yours in before they were they just put you in a holding line. I was the same way and really gave up Hope.

But like you I got the email last week to Pay , so I did and it processed and shipped fast . I got it yesterday. So go ahead and pay if you still want it lol.

I played with it a bit and it's cool , headphones are real nice and the card will be loaded up real good lol.

rhsortho

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
went ahead and ordered the bundle. it says 1-3 days to ship so will see what happens. I just find it odd that my original submission was for the vr/controller but nothing moved for weeks, til I got (and completed) the buy now email offer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance