Gear VR registration/approval/shipping/arrival info & also problems.

Tersanyus

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Here's my story. I did not preorder the S8+. I bought the phone on launch day at best buy. They told me to submit for the gift anyway. So I did the next day even though the paperwork said it had to be preordered. I submitted the pic of the best buy pickup receipt. A few days later I get an email rejection saying the receipt was missing the date and that I can resubmit.

Since I wasn't technically eligible I just let it go and forgot about it. About a week later I get an email stating my registration was approved.

Yesterday it arrived. I didn't do the $99 thing and never got the email offering that.

Sad thing was when I was rejected for the free VR I decided to buy one. So now I have two Gear VR headsets.

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I just won my week long battle with Samsung for the T-Mobile Free Gear VR with Controller & $50.00 Oculus Content...

I upgraded my phone in store on 4-27 and found out a day later that their promotion was 4-28 thru 5-14! I was bummed about that and inquired with T-Mobile as to why there was no promotion for launch day forward customers? The T-Mobile rep wound up telling me that they had internal communications stating that purchases from 4-21 forward also qualify for the offer! I submitted the proper information and was denied & then denied again! After a week or so of back and forth with Samsung & T-Mobile I was able to get my claim escalated to their Tier 3 department and got an approval yesterday... What a headache! Persistence pays off sometimes! :cool:

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Here's my story. I did not preorder the S8+. I bought the phone on launch day at best buy. They told me to submit for the gift anyway. So I did the next day even though the paperwork said it had to be preordered. I submitted the pic of the best buy pickup receipt. A few days later I get an email rejection saying the receipt was missing the date and that I can resubmit.

Since I wasn't technically eligible I just let it go and forgot about it. About a week later I get an email stating my registration was approved.

Yesterday it arrived. I didn't do the $99 thing and never got the email offering that.

Sad thing was when I was rejected for the free VR I decided to buy one. So now I have two Gear VR headsets.
Well now you have $50 of Oculus content to get. You can sell the new one.

CurtisV0651

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Finally got tracking last night!! Says label was created yesterday morning pretty early but that is it.. Somehow says it will be delivered today, which I won't hold my breathe but we will see!

Approved on 4/24
My timeframe was 5-17 to 5-24 of est shipping.

So not far off the 17th.

So anyone in the 1-24 window should be getting some info soon...

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Finally got tracking last night!! Says label was created yesterday morning pretty early but that is it.. Somehow says it will be delivered today, which I won't hold my breathe but we will see!

Approved on 4/24
My timeframe was 5-17 to 5-24 of est shipping.

So not far off the 17th.

So anyone in the 1-24 window should be getting some info soon...

Very possible. When I got my tracking number yesterday, I looked it up and the place that shipped it is 10 minutes from where I work.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I received mine today. After looking over all the Oculus crap that is required to load on the phone and the limitations of the VR gear I have no intention of bothering to set it up.

SkhairKro

May 1, 2017
Visit site
Anybody get theirs yet form the "April 26th" approval time? What about those who got their Gear VR before the estimated ship times it said on the samsung promo page? Also wondering how common it was for it to have arrived suddenly with no Fedex tracking, nor "Gift Sent" message from Samsung's Promo Page at all until after it delivered? Some folks have said it just showed up at their door despite not getting any updates on the package being sent, while others have claimed it came way before the estimated shipping time! I'm in the 26th of April Approved crowd. Seems like the 24th of April Folks are getting theirs now, I'm just wondering if this next batch being sent and shipped will reach the 2 days later approved folk yet?

SkhairKro

May 1, 2017
Visit site
The wait is killing me!! I want to watch Netflix in VR already!! I've got some TV Series in mind I wanted to re-watch that I"m saving for Gear VR Netflix!! Such as "Scrubs" and "Futerama!"

SkhairKro

May 1, 2017
Visit site
Sucks, all this stuff has to come up in the time I've been waiting. Events I had to go to and what not! All of it's been such a drag, that and work, ugh! I just keep telling myself "I definitely won't have my Gear VR until after this event is over and perhaps the next few days after that as well!" Been going crazy checking this forum, my emails, and the Samsung Promo Page every 2-3 hrs! I was interested in VR way back before Oculus was even a thing! Years ago I saw at Disney's Tomorrow Land park a demo of T.V. Goggles you could watch movies with in a Future Car! I even recall going to Disney Quest Arcade and riding the Aladin Virtual Reality Carpet Ride! Back 2010 3D gaming and 3D TV's were becoming a thing, and I soon got all into these other head mounted displays like the Sony HMZ-T2 headset back sometime early 2012 that was going for $800 that I could watch 3D movies on, but never got one, and then shortly afterward near Thankgiving 2012 turning 2013 I saw the first Oculus demo on Youtube where John Carmack had for the first time got a rift and was talking about it, back then it was just duct taped together! It's been a long time since then. I'd then see all these peeps like Jack Septiceye and Markiplier doing Oculus Rift DK1 and DK2 videos in the years since before the CV1 had been released and even got a pre order for the Oculus Rift CV1 that I had to wait 6 months for because it was back-ordered, but by that time I lost my job and couldn't afford a computer that could run it and canceled my pre order and spent the $600 on a new Guitar instead. I still remember my 1st time trying Gear VR 2015 in the mall at a Phone Shop, it was Fantastic! I then tried it a few times locally at a Best Buy and it blew my mind, despite it not being the full PC Oclulus Rift experience (that I've yet to try to this date!) Just before getting my Galaxy S8+ I tried the new gear vr at the Verizon store and demo'd the "Starry Night" van Goh experience and I was blown away again! Unfortunately they only had that and a few other short demo's and I couldn't try it with my own Blutooth Sony Headset which would have made it much better! That was a month ago now, and I'm dying to try Gear VR where I can download the demo's of my own I always wanted to try, not to mention Netflix VR and the Free Oculus game package that I get with this promotion and not some short store demo of it! Plus I was soo excited November 2015 when they re-designed the Gear VR with the fabric eye cushion! It looked sooo comfortable and I wanted one back then so badly and it's been nearly 2 years since then!! I've been waiting forever it seems!

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
My order still says Approved, Being Reviewed. Same status since two weeks after launch when I applied for the offer of Gear VR and controller.