I'm a first time smart phone user.

Yesterday my S8+ arrived. All was good. I set up a Samsung account. I made phone calls. Texted. Tried video calling. And I started learning how to do other things. Sweet!

I turned the phone off when I was done using it since my first day with it was just a tester day for me.

So today when I went to turn it on, it said I had to swipe to unlock.

When I swiped, it said I needed to use my password to unlock the phone. It said after I unlock the phone, I'd be able to use face recognition.

Well. I don't know the password. Unless i'm really losing my mind (quite possible), I don't remember setting up such a password. I did set up face recognition, but it won't let me use it until I unlock the phone. @#!$

The only reason I decided to buy my first smart phone is because my LONG TIME friend said he had a line Tmobile gave him for free and that I could have if I purchased a phone. So if I need to deal with Tmobile directly, then I might need my friend present since it's his account. Who knows.

Does anyone have any advice how I might easily solve this issue?

04-20-2017 11:18 PM
    In order to set up facial unlock you must set a pin or pattern or password. So you have forgetten it.

You need to reset the phone. Since you can't access the phone menu to do this, you need to reset via recovery. You will lose all of your data doing this.

This appears to be a good tutorial. How To Enter Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ Into Recovery Mode? | Tutorials

Good luck, you have an extremely nice first smartphone. Enjoy!
    04-20-2017 11:39 PM
    Robber, thank you for the reply.

I clicked on the link and tried to get started with the tutorial. In order for me to power off, I need to type my password. Unless there's a forced power off option?

On a side note: I really don't remember setting up a password that it's now asking for. I remember I was prompted to select face recognition, password, fingerprint, a string of characters, or iris and I selected face recognition. If I also set up this password, then I must not have been focusing on the task or got quickly distracted before writing it down.
    04-21-2017 12:13 AM
    I figured out how to unlock the phone by going here https://findmymobile.samsung.com/

It was in this tutorial What to do if you forgot your Samsung Galaxy S6 lock screen password | Android Central

blaine07 likes this.
    04-21-2017 12:42 AM