04-28-2017 11:09 AM
66 123
tools
    If you look at the phone straight on you can see a slight pinkish cast on the curved edges. I think it's the nature of AMOLED having a pinkish cast when viewed from an angle. The edges are going to be at an angle from a straight on view. If you look at it fun the side, the edge you're looking at Aunt have the pinkish cast, but the main part will.
    Is that all it is or something else too? I knew to expect color distortion on whites with the edges based on all of Samsung's previous curved phones. I'm not seeing anything else that sticks out as pink though.
    04-27-2017 08:40 PM
    I DM'd TMobile on Twitter and the guy who responded said his is the same and that it only affects the S8+. He only suggested I wait for the software update.
    04-27-2017 10:55 PM
    I got my replacement today and it's way worse. The first one only had it on the top edge, the new one has it on the top and the right edge and several blotches of pink in between. Going back, I give up.

Also made in Vietnam like the last one.
    04-28-2017 03:41 AM
    I'm currently on my 2nd defective screen device and both mine were made in Vietnam to. I'll have one more replacement before calling it a day. Too much hassle to get a phone without a defective screen in my opinion.
    04-28-2017 04:24 AM
    Also really pleased to hear that those in Korea have just recieved the software update but the rest of us will have to wait until a later date to get it...thanks Samsung. I'm no way a apple fan but this wouldn't happen with them.
    04-28-2017 04:28 AM
    Also really pleased to hear that those in Korea have just recieved the software update but the rest of us will have to wait until a later date to get it...thanks Samsung. I'm no way a apple fan but this wouldn't happen with them.
    No Apple wouldn't comment or do much at all.
    I remember being advised I was holding my iPhone 4 wrong which stopped the signal dead. Yellow screens that apple wouldn't comment on. Chipping on the champhered edges of my 5 and the iOS update on my 6plus stopping WiFi and making the phone stutter and lag.

I'm in no way against iPhones as I've used them for years but they ain't faultless and neither is apple.
    queenren and GrumpyMomofMacR like this.
    04-28-2017 04:49 AM
    Here is a good, very recent, article on the update.

https://androidcommunity.com/samsung...ture-20170428/
    04-28-2017 05:03 AM
    Can't find anything online to say if this latest software update actually fixes the issue.
    GrumpyMomofMacR likes this.
    04-28-2017 05:05 AM
    Can't find anything online to say if this latest software update actually fixes the issue.
    Guess we'll just have to wait and see. I have really been struggling on whether I should get the S8 or not, this makes it a little easier, to hold off for a little bit anywaysツ
    04-28-2017 05:09 AM
    Guess we'll just have to wait and see. I have really been struggling on whether I should get the S8 or not, this makes it a little easier, to hold off for a little bit anywaysツ
    With hindsight I would have waited. As with any new model there are always teething issues and it may take Samsung a few months to alter the production process to address this issue.

At the moment the phone has lost its shine if you like because I'm spending so much time waiting for replacement devices, returning defective ones and phoning the carrier to sort things out. It's a right pain to be honest.

My advice..wait.
    04-28-2017 05:17 AM
    With hindsight I would have waited. As with any new model there are always teething issues and it may take Samsung a few months to alter the production process to address this issue.

At the moment the phone has lost its shine if you like because I'm spending so much time waiting for replacement devices, returning defective ones and phoning the carrier to sort things out. It's a right pain to be honest.

My advice..wait.
    I am sorry you are having so many problems. Hopefully it's true what they say, third time is a charm.

Yeah, it really sucks, takes the fun out of the whole thing. Fortunately not everyone has been so unfortunate.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you🤞
    UKgalaxy likes this.
    04-28-2017 05:27 AM
    According to some Twitter Posts, the update does not fix the issue if your phone has a red tint along any of the edges. It only works if yours has a screen that's uniformly tinted.
    04-28-2017 07:31 AM
    Here's a simple, unscientific test... Download the image below to your phone and open it in the gallery app. Give it a moment and it should go to full screen. If you have pink around the edges only I would return the phone. If you have a uniform pink tint, you can adjust that in Settings >> Display >> Screen Mode >> Color Balance. I would agree with the previous post that the patch will only fix the overall tint issue but I cannot say that as a fact. But my first phone (Vietnam) had heavy pink, especially along the top edge and the AOD. The new phone (also from Vietnam) had a overall pink tint that I adjusted in Color Balance. Hope this helps.

Right click below line and save:
    04-28-2017 08:46 AM
    Thank you JimA

I did as suggested and I'm happy to say mines is all white. This is with slight adjustments made with the the hues of course.
    JimA likes this.
    04-28-2017 09:32 AM
    Here's a simple, unscientific test... Download the image below to your phone and open it in the gallery app. Give it a moment and it should go to full screen. If you have pink around the edges only I would return the phone. If you have a uniform pink tint, you can adjust that in Settings >> Display >> Screen Mode >> Color Balance. I would agree with the previous post that the patch will only fix the overall tint issue but I cannot say that as a fact. But my first phone (Vietnam) had heavy pink, especially along the top edge and the AOD. The new phone (also from Vietnam) had a overall pink tint that I adjusted in Color Balance. Hope this helps.

Right click below line and save:

Name:	WhiteBalance.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	621.5 KB 
ID:	258524
    04-28-2017 10:04 AM
    I plan on getting the Note 8 unless they make it into something I really would not like to have. So I will stay with my trippy iridescent pink S8+ since everything else seems to be in good working order except for some animation lag that I could adjust but stubbornly keep at default. The more time I have with my S8, the better.

The crazy thing is now I am seeing pink everywhere. On my iPad display, on my older Galaxy displays. I'm thinking of downloading the new pink unicorn themes and wallpapers I saw on Samsung's store. If you can't beat the pink, embrace it!

Also I ordered direct from Samsung and do not want to put myself through the aggravation of dealing with their phone based return service. Not for a problem I'm not going to notice after my retinas burn out properly. I don't intend to resell my S8+. It will serve the rest of its sentence in solitary confinement in my VR headset when/if I switch over to the Note 8.

As for the Note 8, I don't plan to preorder and I don't plan to buy direct from Samsung again. I will buy from my local AT&T store.
    LineKill and jamesrick80 like this.
    04-28-2017 11:09 AM
66 123