Coming from Pixel their finger print scanner worked 100% of the time, Edge 8 not working...So changed to OK Google to unlock the phone and really spotty. Sometimes it works some times it doesn't?

Plus it wont unlock it 100% you still have to push the home button?

Have replaced voice model 2 or 3 times still not helping.
    04-21-2017 10:40 AM
    Don't think Samsung allows Ok Google to unlock the phone. I haven't figured out a way even though the options are all there.
    04-21-2017 10:44 AM
    Hasn't worked on a Samsung phone in a minute. Fingerprint scanner works for me 100% and the Iris scanner 1000%. Damn it's fast and effortless.
    04-21-2017 11:07 AM
    Coming from Pixel their finger print scanner worked 100% of the time, Edge 8 not working...So changed to OK Google to unlock the phone and really spotty. Sometimes it works some times it doesn't?

Plus it wont unlock it 100% you still have to push the home button?

Have replaced voice model 2 or 3 times still not helping.
    Can you use the Ok Google functions from the lock screen like you can on the pixel? Love this about the pixel.
    04-21-2017 11:20 AM
    OK google works to unlock, but it does not work if the display is off. Hoping an update fix it soon...

Also want to mention Fingerprint and Iris unlock works flawless and fast for me. I actually love the fingerprint scanner placement. I am a lefty and it feels natural for me. No swiping just place finger to unlock. Awesome!!!
    Stoopstroop likes this.
    04-21-2017 11:30 AM
    Can you use the Ok Google functions from the lock screen like you can on the pixel? Love this about the pixel.
    Will not work if phone is locked and screen is off. Miss that about the pixel also. They should really allow touch free to work. Stupid
    Stoopstroop likes this.
    04-21-2017 12:20 PM
    I have found that it's my Sonos that was causing the problem. I did everything that every forum said to do. Nothing worked. Then I realized that I was streaming music on my sonos . And if you haven't figured it out by-now sonos has a very aggressive Wi-Fi protocol. After I turned off the music, OK Google command worked perfectly .
    So I tested my theory just to make sure . If you're OK Google Voice command is not working some other program is probably preempting it .
    I love my '*******, S8....
    05-15-2017 08:43 PM
    Hello, I have a htc one m7, saying ok Google from any screen on the phone open up Google just fine, but the feature where you say ok Google to unlock your device does not work, I have changed the voice model lots of times and it doesn't work.
    09-30-2017 02:16 PM
    It dosent work when the phone is locked on Moto z force2. The Moto actions don't either. New to Android. Any advice? I checked all the settings to let voice unlock. Considering going back to apple. Phone is really buggy. Thanks in advance.
    06-12-2018 07:22 AM
    I have an unlocked galaxy s8 activated on Verizon. I am able to unlock my s8 using "ok Google" when my screen is off, and my phone does not have to be charging.

Go to Google settings, phone, "access with voice match."
    Attached Thumbnails Anyone having issues with OK Google not unlocking there phone?-screenshot_20180612-134018_google.jpg   Anyone having issues with OK Google not unlocking there phone?-screenshot_20180612-134006_google.jpg   Anyone having issues with OK Google not unlocking there phone?-screenshot_20180612-134044_google.jpg  
    06-12-2018 03:43 PM
    Maybe it's Google play services which don't have enough permissions or are put to sleep via battery manager.

I had similar issues all due to Smart Lock from Google. When I went to settings of Smart Lock,I saw blank page. It's a bug and fix it you need to disable smart Lock in "trusted agents" under security. Then reboot and then enable smart Lock in trusted agents. When you open Smart Lock settings you will find Voice match.

Evert time phone does not unlock with the voice, check Smart Lock settings.
    Yesterday 04:19 AM