09-15-2017 07:05 PM
38 12
tools
    No, totally separate. OK Google and Bixby work. I just can't get Google to work on AOD.
    Google doesn't work on AOD unless the phone is plugged in.
    08-30-2017 07:04 AM
    No, totally separate. OK Google and Bixby work. I just can't get Google to work on AOD.
    Must have mine set up incorrectly then. If I use Bixby voice then try OK Google right after, OK Google won't work until I go into settings and re-enable. Will give it another try. I can still long press home button for Google. Just no voice activation.
    08-30-2017 09:28 AM
    Google doesn't work on AOD unless the phone is plugged in.
    OK Google doesn't work for me on AOD while charging even when trusted voice is enabled. I can use it from lock screen but not when screen is off.
    08-30-2017 09:31 AM
    OK Google doesn't work for me on AOD while charging even when trusted voice is enabled. I can use it from lock screen but not when screen is off.
    Oh. Even with bluetooth?
    08-30-2017 09:38 AM
    Oh. Even with bluetooth?
    Nope
    08-30-2017 11:21 AM
    Updated Bixby voice and now can access OK Google as well after using Bixby. No phone unlock with OK Google though, from AOD
    08-30-2017 12:56 PM
    You can't. If the phone is locked and not plugged in/charging, OK Google does not work. And I don't think that's a Samsung thing, AFAIK that's also how it worked on the LG G4 and V20. If the phone is locked but the screen is on (lockscreen), then OK Google will work IF you set it as a Trusted Voice to unlock your phone with your command.
    Unfortunately you're information is incorrect. I own the V20 and have it enabled to wake up even if my screen is off. There is a option above Trusted Voice that states to listen to "Ok Google" from anywhere including your screen being off. If that is checked it works. It also works very well. I happened to notice this discussion because I'm interested in getting the Note 8. I hope Samsung didn't mess with something because if Bixby. I have no problem in trying Bixby and if I like it I will use it, but they shouldn't pigeon hold us to using just that. So if it doesn't work it definitely is a Samsung thing and only a recent one because I know it works on the Note 4 and S6 edge. Now I have some serious thinking if I still want to upgrade. This is just another con, but there are plenty of pros. I hope this helps.
    09-01-2017 03:13 AM
    Unfortunately you're information is incorrect. I own the V20 and have it enabled to wake up even if my screen is off. There is a option above Trusted Voice that states to listen to "Ok Google" from anywhere including your screen being off. If that is checked it works. It also works very well. I happened to notice this discussion because I'm interested in getting the Note 8. I hope Samsung didn't mess with something because if Bixby. I have no problem in trying Bixby and if I like it I will use it, but they shouldn't pigeon hold us to using just that. So if it doesn't work it definitely is a Samsung thing and only a recent one because I know it works on the Note 4 and S6 edge. Now I have some serious thinking if I still want to upgrade. This is just another con, but there are plenty of pros. I hope this helps.
    I stand corrected then. When I used the G4 and V20 (briefly) it didn't unless I connected it to power, and then it went away on the V20. I guess they brought it back for some devices? For the S8 I can confirm that it doesn't, not even plugged in. No reason to assume the Note 8 would be any different.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    09-01-2017 05:36 AM
    For the S8 I can confirm that it doesn't, not even plugged in. No reason to assume the Note 8 would be any different.
    I also confirmed this on my S8. If display is off or on AOD, OK GOOGLE will not unlock phone. If display is on but locked, OK GOOGLE will unlock my phone and begin accepting a command.
    mary beth hale and SpookDroid like this.
    09-06-2017 04:04 PM
    I stand corrected then. When I used the G4 and V20 (briefly) it didn't unless I connected it to power, and then it went away on the V20. I guess they brought it back for some devices? For the S8 I can confirm that it doesn't, not even plugged in. No reason to assume the Note 8 would be any different.
    It's been there since day one on my TMobile v20. I was wondering if Samsung allowed this on their phones yet but i guess not. Bummer.
    09-13-2017 11:52 PM
    I wish we had this feature. It's must be turned off some way in the software. The weird part is the new Note does it so maybe with the next software upgrade they will allow this on the s8.
    09-14-2017 06:36 AM
    I wish we had this feature. It's must be turned off some way in the software. The weird part is the new Note does it so maybe with the next software upgrade they will allow this on the s8.
    I suspect it has something to do with Samsung wanting us to use Bixby.
    09-14-2017 10:49 PM
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooo
    mary beth hale likes this.
    09-15-2017 07:05 PM
38 12