Annoying SD card notification

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
This notification about SD card encrypted keeps popping up. I mean yes I know the sd card is encrypted because I did it 😀

I click on it and goes away but pops up again later. How do I get rid of it so that it doesn't show up.

71113a9652ea517cb58d074617e7ffa5.jpg

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Maybe the card is mounting-unmounting itself? I don't know about the encryption message, but when a non-encrypted card is failing, corrupted, or simply the reader is bad (Samsung just can't seem to get SD cards right! most every Samsung I've owned has fried or corrupted a card until I just stopped using them) you'll see the SD card notification pop-up randomly. Maybe this is the same?

physicsguy

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Oh for the love of god, no. This was a major issue with the S7's (including my S7E). People who didn't have the issue didn't understand it and Samsung ignored it. I didn't use an SD card at all because of it. One of my hopes with getting the S8+ is that the issue would be behind me. I hope this isn't the same thing all over again (at least 64GB is better than 32)

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Hmm interesting, I'm using the 256 GB SD card that came as part of the immersive bundle promotion.

I'll try to format the sd card later and see if this message goes away or will try another SD card I have as well.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Oh for the love of god, no. This was a major issue with the S7's (including my S7E). People who didn't have the issue didn't understand it and Samsung ignored it. I didn't use an SD card at all because of it. One of my hopes with getting the S8+ is that the issue would be behind me. I hope this isn't the same thing all over again (at least 64GB is better than 32)

So is this an issue with 'some' units or every phone had the Encryption notification constantly popping up? I just use mine now to store media files so not encrypted, and unless the card goes bad, it doesn't pop up but once (when initially inserted).

physicsguy

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
So is this an issue with 'some' units or every phone had the Encryption notification constantly popping up? I just use mine now to store media files so not encrypted, and unless the card goes bad, it doesn't pop up but once (when initially inserted).

This was just some units for the S7/S7E. It never ended up getting fixed. For some, it rendered the card useless, for some, the card was still usable, but it kept mounting/unmounting with that notification. Try and re-seat the card, maybe it's just loose in the tray.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Your SD card may be on the fritz. This happened to me in the past and a few weeks later stopped working and kept ejecting. I have my SD card encrypted right now and don't get the constant notification.

DonDallas71

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I got the 256gb Samsung card that came with the immersion bundle. It repeatedly un-mounts with a "bad_removal" multiple times an hour. This happens whether it is encrypted or not. Each time this results in a notification whenever the card is encrypted. I have formatted on the phone, a full format from windows, and a full format with sdformatter tool. In a 24hr period yesterday it did this 70 times. So yea, I cannot use the card for any apps, as it makes them inaccessible until the phone is rebooted. The whole point of the 256gb card with the immersion bundle was so you could install some of the Oculus VR games there due to their large size. My old SanDisk 64gb card I had in my S7 edge and an old 16gb card i had work fine. I called Samsung and had to talk with the e-commerce dept since this was part of a promo. They have no process for replacing a defective card that is part of a promo, so they had to escalate. I am now waiting to hear back.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Had this problem with the S7 Edge and I believe the Note 7. Download an app called SD Monitor and it will keep track of how many mounts and dismounts the phone does. This does not fix the problem but you can keep an eye on it with this app.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Pdp will disable the message i think. Just long press the notification to see which app it is coming from and disable it. As always, be careful as disabling critical apps can cause problems

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance