The most thin case for the S8

jakebake

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I have the spigen thin fit case and had it for the note 7 as well. It is very thin but high quality. It has cutouts for the buttons but the top and bottom if the phone are protected.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
I have the spigen thin fit case and had it for the note 7 as well. It is very thin but high quality. It has cutouts for the buttons but the top and bottom if the phone are protected.

I think I'm ordering that in coral blue on amazon today. Should look cool, on the black s8.

jakebake

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I think I'm ordering that in coral blue on amazon today. Should look cool, on the black s8.

Awesome! Yeah I have the black one (black s8+) but was considering the coral blue. That is the one I had for the note 7 but it was also coral blue. Let me know what you think and if you can a picture would be nice!

chickweedblur

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Agreed. I have the Spigen and the Ringke version of the same and they are close but the Ringke encircles the buttons making them harder to feel out. I prefer the Spigen.

I actually like the grip and feel of some of the TPU cases - especially when you want something clear, but they almost never work. On a phone this long they are tight around the corners but pull away from the sides around the middle of the phone...drives me nuts.

I have this one and it looks and feels nice but I can already tell it will eventually get too flexible in the middle and pull away. I'm already catching my thumb on it.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B06X9NJ9V1/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This one is my current favorite and the one I am using. Thin but not cheap looking, cutout button areas.
https://vrsdesign.com/collections/galaxy-s8/products/galaxy-s8-case-simpli-mod-series

jordandj24

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
I have the Coral blue Spigen Thin Fit and the Samsung branded transparent case and the Samsung case is noticeably much thinner. Barely adds any bulk to the phone. Would def recommend if you're looking for a thinner case.

kongfranon

Apr 24, 2017
Visit site
Are there any thin, TPU cases that have the buttons cut out? If not, how about just think ones? I see the Spigen Liquid Air Armor, but looks like the buttons are still enclosed.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...cUvbUpU5774874?tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5781228

Any others you all would recommend?

I have this exact case. I think the case is definitely high quality and very thin, I like it, has a good grip, and fits perfectly. My only concern is how well will it protect it from a drop. I think if you want a very thin case this is a great one. I am looking for myself for something with a little more protection and undecided maybe just stick with this and hope i dont drop and break lol

scgf

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
The Spigen Air Skin is the thinnest case I have ever used on a phone - thinner than their Thin Fit case. It really is like not having a case on it at all. I used it for a while but my S8 just felt unprotected and I was using the phone like I was going to drop it at any moment - you know that feeling, you end up dropping it because you're constantly thinking about not dropping it!

Capture.JPG

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
The Spigen Air Skin is the thinnest case I have ever used on a phone - thinner than their Thin Fit case. It really is like not having a case on it at all. I used it for a while but my S8 just felt unprotected and I was using the phone like I was going to drop it at any moment - you know that feeling, you end up dropping it because you're constantly thinking about not dropping it!

View attachment 258090
I looked seriously at purchasing this one last night, but there were several reviews about the case buckling around the volume buttons (probably because it is so thin.) I may wait until I see if it's just a limited number or a wider design issue. Overall, I much prefer ultra thin cases like this one.