I've set up the edge lighting feature, so that it would light up the edge when notifications come in; I also chose the apps for which notifications would trigger it. Still haven't seen the edge light up. I'm certain I'm doing something wrong, or misunderstanding how it's supposed to work, but it just hasn't happened for me yet. Any tips on this feature?
    kodree243 likes this.
    04-21-2017 02:33 PM
    Double check if you have it set as screen on, screen off, or always selected maybe?
    04-21-2017 02:35 PM
    You also have to set which apps use it. Go under edge lighting and select manage apps. Mine was set to two different SMS apps that I don't use.
    Ageeb, kodree243 and thoots like this.
    04-21-2017 02:57 PM
    I believe the phone also has to be face down at the time.
    kodree243 likes this.
    04-21-2017 03:22 PM
    I've set up the edge lighting feature, so that it would light up the edge when notifications come in; I also chose the apps for which notifications would trigger it. Still haven't seen the edge light up. I'm certain I'm doing something wrong, or misunderstanding how it's supposed to work, but it just hasn't happened for me yet. Any tips on this feature?
    Go to settings.
    Type edge
    Click edge screen
    Turn on edge lighting toggle then click on the word edge lighting
    Then turn on always or when screen is on or off and you can also choose all apps or the specific ones you want for edge lighting
    Attached Thumbnails Edge Lighting - How?-922.jpg  
    04-21-2017 03:28 PM
    I believe the phone also has to be face down at the time.
    I can confirm that's not accurate. Works in any orientation
    04-21-2017 03:30 PM
    Go to settings.
    Type edge
    Click edge screen
    Turn on edge lighting toggle then click on the word edge lighting
    Then turn on always or when screen is on or off and you can also choose all apps or the specific ones you want for edge lighting
    Attached Thumbnails Edge Lighting - How?-922.jpg  
    kodree243 likes this.
    04-21-2017 03:32 PM
    Not sure why I can't post more than one pic. Hope you got it though
    04-21-2017 03:33 PM
    Thanks for the input...I've actually done all these things. The apps I turned it on for are the built-in messages app and WhatsApp, and neither appear to work. No edge lighting whatsoever, face up, face down, nothing.

Wondering...does it only work if AOD is disabled?
    kodree243 likes this.
    04-21-2017 04:51 PM
    I've tried everything and it won't work for me either.. The only thing I have not tried is turning off AOD
    kodree243 likes this.
    04-21-2017 06:10 PM
    Just tested it.

It works with AOD on or off. Works with Power Saver Mode.

Its not like the edge lighting like on the S7. Its just a thin light around the border.

Cant even see it when its face down really.

Too bad they changed it. Really liked the lighting on the s7 when faced down.
    kyleresq likes this.
    04-21-2017 06:40 PM
    I just have it for the Google messages app and it works. AOD is on. Not sure there is a point to it though.
    04-21-2017 06:46 PM
    I just have it for the Google messages app and it works. AOD is on. Not sure there is a point to it though.
    Don't think so either. Just looks kind of cool. I don't like that if u touch the notification it take you to the msg app instead of allowing u to reply from where u are like the regular notification does.
    04-21-2017 07:14 PM
    For me it worked when faced down but when faced up it shows the picture of the caller and not the lighting.
    04-21-2017 07:22 PM
    It warns you that it might not work for all apps even if you enable them. For Whatapp it works with the screen on, but not off. For Textra, I find it works with the screen off and not on. I just turned it off altogether and gave up.

Thanks for the input...I've actually done all these things. The apps I turned it on for are the built-in messages app and WhatsApp, and neither appear to work. No edge lighting whatsoever, face up, face down, nothing.

Wondering...does it only work if AOD is disabled?
    04-21-2017 07:30 PM
    check if blue light filter is on
    04-22-2017 02:46 PM
    check if blue light filter is on
    It's not
    04-22-2017 03:44 PM
    It's not
    I posted this in another forum. So... I hope it'll help you guys as well.
    "Ive noticed the same thing. It was troubling at first, but with a little fiddling around I seemed to have found the fix or problem. The screen on in pocket sensitivity is the part that's preventing the screen to turn on while in the pocket...this also includes the edge lighting when the screen is off. So the fix is here (for me at least)...

Settings---Display---*scroll to bottom*--- Keep Screen Turned off---Uncheck

Hope that helps some of you. Made an account just for this comment since it's impossible to find the answer so far."
    Everyone did everything correctly, it just seems that setting was conflicting it all for me.
    04-22-2017 08:39 PM
    "Ive noticed the same thing. It was troubling at first, but with a little fiddling around I seemed to have found the fix or problem. The screen on in pocket sensitivity is the part that's preventing the screen to turn on while in the pocket...this also includes the edge lighting when the screen is off. So the fix is here (for me at least)...

Hope that helps some of you. Made an account just for this comment since it's impossible to find the answer so far."
    Everyone did everything correctly, it just seems that setting was conflicting it all for me.
    Didn't work for me
    04-22-2017 09:26 PM
    I've tried everything and it won't work for me either.. The only thing I have not tried is turning off AOD
    Same, doesn't work.
    04-22-2017 09:28 PM

Ding ding ding! That's the winner! You the man, now it works after making just that change...thanks!
    04-22-2017 10:00 PM
    I had the same problem and found that it was because I was using a messaging service other than the default messages app that came with the phone. Switched back and it works.
    04-22-2017 11:24 PM