06-10-2017 08:29 PM
71 123
tools
    Coming from note 4 to note7 and then lg v20 large phone is not a problem for me. I love my son 8 +no hand fatigue here
    05-11-2017 01:52 AM
    I love big phones, my current dailydriver is a Note5 and before that a S6 edge plus.
    So for me, s8+'s size is just fine!
    In fact it doesn't look like a 6.2' screen! ..because of the curves and the 18.5/9 aspect ratio.
    It looks like a 5.7'-5.9' 16/9 phone.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    05-11-2017 06:17 AM
    The plus is fine for my average sized man hands. Most people around me have the iPhone 6 plus or 7plus, and my phone is physically smaller than theirs ...I think it just takes getting used to. And the battery life trade off is worth any small inconvenience of size!
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    05-11-2017 07:08 AM
    I would say last year phones like the iPhone 7, Samsung S7, Pixel falls in the small size, phones like the S7 Edge, OnePlus 3/3T would fall in the large category, and phones like the iPhone 7+ and LG V20 would be more in the phablet category. But that seems to be changing this year...

People may have the mindset the S8 and S8+ as the small and large variant but I really feel people have to rethink the phones and see the S8 as moving up to the large category and the S8+ is really more of a phablet.

Yes, the S8 has the width and feel of a small iPhone 7 or S7 but has the height of the S7 Edge. The S8+ has the width of the S7 Edge, but it has the height closer to Iphone 7 Plus or V20 height which I consider more phablet sized. If phablets don't bother you then the + will work for you. If you are not a fan of phablets, then it takes getting use to.

I personally don't like phablets and felt the sweet spot size for me were phones that were in the 5.1" to 5.5" sized phones of last year but unfortunately the trend seem to be go to bigger and if I go with an S8, whichever one I go with will be a compromise. My perfect S8 would be the S8 with the width of the S8+ and the larger 3500 mah battery.

Used both and opted for the s8.

The + was out of my comfort zone and felt a little top heavy for me.

Each to their own.
    05-11-2017 07:26 AM
    I would say last year phones like the iPhone 7, Samsung S7, Pixel falls in the small size, phones like the S7 Edge, OnePlus 3/3T would fall in the large category, and phones like the iPhone 7+ and LG V20 would be more in the phablet category. But that seems to be changing this year...

People may have the mindset the S8 and S8+ as the small and large variant but I really feel people have to rethink the phones and see the S8 as moving up to the large category and the S8+ is really more of a phablet.

Yes, the S8 has the width and feel of a small iPhone 7 or S7 but has the height of the S7 Edge. The S8+ has the width of the S7 Edge, but it has the height closer to Iphone 7 Plus or V20 height which I consider more phablet sized. If phablets don't bother you then the + will work for you. If you are not a fan of phablets, then it takes getting use to.

I personally don't like phablets and felt the sweet spot size for me were phones that were in the 5.1" to 5.5" sized phones of last year but unfortunately the trend seem to be go to bigger and if I go with an S8, whichever one I go with will be a compromise. My perfect S8 would be the S8 with the width of the S8+ and the larger 3500 mah battery.
    Well is Phablet the screen size or the body size? I guess that is the question. I would say I like a bigger screen and smaller body so the S8+ is right in my sweet spot.

I would say I think you are in minority if you want bigger body and smaller screen...LOL nothing wrong with that. I would sacrifice some width for a bigger battery. The one on the plus is fine for me, because it gets me through the day, but I wouldn't more battery capacity for those days when it is needed.
    05-11-2017 09:38 AM
    Body size. I consider an iPhone 7 Plus I believed is pretty much phablet sized... bigger than large phones mentioned like the S7 Edge and the 7 Plus only has a 5.5 inch screen.

Yeah, I'd like a middle ground of size because there are times mentioned elsewhere I'd like a smaller footprint like outdoor activities like running... I see those people with honking iPhone Pluses strapped to their arms and just doesn't work for me. Been trying to avoid phones like i7P and V20s but the trend is go bigger.

And for me one handed op is tougher on the + reaching controls near the top... why do apps like Facebook have their menu controls on the bottom for iOS but for their Android version, where most phones on the large size anyways, puts the same menu buttons on the top making one handed use crazy is always puzzling to me. I believe it was Facebook I used as example but just an example I see so often with their Android counterparts (Twitter is another I believe)

Well is Phablet the screen size or the body size? I guess that is the question. I would say I like a bigger screen and smaller body so the S8+ is right in my sweet spot.

I would say I think you are in minority if you want bigger body and smaller screen...LOL nothing wrong with that. I would sacrifice some width for a bigger battery. The one on the plus is fine for me, because it gets me through the day, but I wouldn't more battery capacity for those days when it is needed.
    ClintRo likes this.
    05-11-2017 09:53 AM
    The title of this tread is Click Bait!!! Buahahaha ;P
    05-11-2017 10:13 AM
    Body size. I consider an iPhone 7 Plus I believed is pretty much phablet sized... bigger than large phones mentioned like the S7 Edge and the 7 Plus only has a 5.5 inch screen.

Yeah, I'd like a middle ground of size because there are times mentioned elsewhere I'd like a smaller footprint like outdoor activities like running... I see those people with honking iPhone Pluses strapped to their arms and just doesn't work for me. Been trying to avoid phones like i7P and V20s but the trend is go bigger.

And for me one handed op is tougher on the + reaching controls near the top... why do apps like Facebook have their menu controls on the bottom for iOS but for their Android version, where most phones on the large size anyways, puts the same menu buttons on the top making one handed use crazy is always puzzling to me. I believe it was Facebook I used as example but just an example I see so often with their Android counterparts (Twitter is another I believe)
    I get that, one handed usage size matters.... hahaha

Hell I can use my MediaPad 8 inch tablet one handed... just not effectively.
    05-11-2017 10:15 AM
    That depends. What phone did you have before ? I had the Note 7, then had to go to the 7edge . It was too narrow and small for me so then got a v20 as a backup and kept the 7edge to jump to either the s8 series or Note 8. Checked out s8 and 8plus. For me the s8 was just too small. The 8plus is great-reminds me a little of the Note 7 size wise.
    05-12-2017 08:10 PM
    God, the S8 just feels perfect for me. This is the size I want all of my phones to be from now on.lol
    05-12-2017 08:28 PM
    I feel like the length and the width of this phone (S8+) is perfect for my taste. Funny, really, because I had the S7 Edge before this (gave it to my mom) and compared to the S8+ it just feels so... small. It's funny considering that the Edge variant of the S7 was the bigger one of the two. I think the S8+ is the sweet spot for me. Any bigger or any wider, it'll be a bit too much. Then again, who's to say where Samsung will go from here with the S line! Samsung always has a way to make their products beautiful.
    Qc_Anubis likes this.
    05-12-2017 09:06 PM
    Yes. Also s8 is too big and long. For me s5 was perfect size. I had s7 edge but I sold it away cause I never got used to it's huge size.

To me it doesn't help if you make the screen bigger without making phone bigger. It is the screen which is too big. It's hard to reach and hard to watch since you have to move fingers and eyes so much. I simply have no any use for screen that big. I want a phone, not a phablet.

I'm just going to move away from samsung if they are going to make screens bigger all the time. I think s8 and s8+ are on that limit where some people are going to want a smaller phone than either one of those.
    06-09-2017 11:25 PM
    You guys suffering hand fatigue need to gain some functional human basic strength...my opinion, go ahead and hate.
    06-10-2017 02:42 AM
    I feel like I really can't respond to your post without possibly getting banned somehow...
    Great to know the mods aggressively handle those who don't play well with others.
    06-10-2017 11:33 AM
    1. Didn't you check the phone out in the store *before* purchase?

2. There is a one-hand mode, also there is Easy Mode.
    06-10-2017 02:06 PM
    1. Didn't you check the phone out in the store *before* purchase?

2. There is a one-hand mode, also there is Easy Mode.
    Checking it out in store won't tell you how it feels after a full day of use. The S8+ aggravated my hand after using it all day, causing a slight cramp in my thumb. Contrary to another opinion above, it has zero to do with strength and more to do with the ergonomics of the device.

Handicapping a device to make it comfortable seem pretty ridiculous imo.

The S8 to me is much more comfortable.
    06-10-2017 02:13 PM
    I've always tried to purchase phones w/the most screen real estate. That's a big reason that I've favored the Note series.

But even I must admit that the S8+ struck me initially as maybe too big. But I've adapted quite well.
    06-10-2017 07:29 PM
    For me: S8 more comfortable to hold but S8+ a better phone. Cognitive dissonance.

Now if they had just added an S pen capability. And, yes, I know that's apparently reserved for the Note.
    06-10-2017 07:41 PM
    Checking it out in store won't tell you how it feels after a full day of use. The S8+ aggravated my hand after using it all day, causing a slight cramp in my thumb. Contrary to another opinion above, it has zero to do with strength and more to do with the ergonomics of the device.

Handicapping a device to make it comfortable seem pretty ridiculous imo.

The S8 to me is much more comfortable.
    How long did you use the S8+ before deciding it was too big? I tried it a few weeks and then switched to the regular S8.

Main reason being one handed usage for the regular S8
    06-10-2017 07:52 PM
    How long did you use the S8+ before deciding it was too big? I tried it a few weeks and then switched to the regular S8.

Main reason being one handed usage for the regular S8
    I believe I had it 8 or 9 days.
    06-10-2017 08:14 PM
    When I first grabbed a friend's s8 plus I was like wow that thing is too damn big, felt like and iphone 7 plus. 2 weeks later I get mine and love it. Nowhere near too big. I'm coming from a s7 edge
    06-10-2017 08:29 PM
71 123