S8+ Too Big / Long?

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I feel like the length and the width of this phone (S8+) is perfect for my taste. Funny, really, because I had the S7 Edge before this (gave it to my mom) and compared to the S8+ it just feels so... small. It's funny considering that the Edge variant of the S7 was the bigger one of the two. I think the S8+ is the sweet spot for me. Any bigger or any wider, it'll be a bit too much. Then again, who's to say where Samsung will go from here with the S line! Samsung always has a way to make their products beautiful.

jallaporo

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Yes. Also s8 is too big and long. For me s5 was perfect size. I had s7 edge but I sold it away cause I never got used to it's huge size.

To me it doesn't help if you make the screen bigger without making phone bigger. It is the screen which is too big. It's hard to reach and hard to watch since you have to move fingers and eyes so much. I simply have no any use for screen that big. I want a phone, not a phablet.

I'm just going to move away from samsung if they are going to make screens bigger all the time. I think s8 and s8+ are on that limit where some people are going to want a smaller phone than either one of those.

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
1. Didn't you check the phone out in the store *before* purchase?

2. There is a one-hand mode, also there is Easy Mode.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
1. Didn't you check the phone out in the store *before* purchase?

2. There is a one-hand mode, also there is Easy Mode.
Checking it out in store won't tell you how it feels after a full day of use. The S8+ aggravated my hand after using it all day, causing a slight cramp in my thumb. Contrary to another opinion above, it has zero to do with strength and more to do with the ergonomics of the device.

Handicapping a device to make it comfortable seem pretty ridiculous imo.

The S8 to me is much more comfortable.

novice

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
I've always tried to purchase phones w/the most screen real estate. That's a big reason that I've favored the Note series.

But even I must admit that the S8+ struck me initially as maybe too big. But I've adapted quite well.

novice

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
For me: S8 more comfortable to hold but S8+ a better phone. Cognitive dissonance.

Now if they had just added an S pen capability. And, yes, I know that's apparently reserved for the Note.

omelet1978

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Checking it out in store won't tell you how it feels after a full day of use. The S8+ aggravated my hand after using it all day, causing a slight cramp in my thumb. Contrary to another opinion above, it has zero to do with strength and more to do with the ergonomics of the device.

Handicapping a device to make it comfortable seem pretty ridiculous imo.

The S8 to me is much more comfortable.
How long did you use the S8+ before deciding it was too big? I tried it a few weeks and then switched to the regular S8.

Main reason being one handed usage for the regular S8

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
When I first grabbed a friend's s8 plus I was like wow that thing is too damn big, felt like and iphone 7 plus. 2 weeks later I get mine and love it. Nowhere near too big. I'm coming from a s7 edge