09-23-2018 02:45 AM
779 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    Well I did watch a heavy usage battery test between those phones, and when Iphone 7+ died, S8+ still had 39% battery. I also watched a speed test. And S8+ won in opening apps, but iphone7+ won in opening games.
    Yeah I know this battery test video. But two things: 1. no one knows, how old the tested iPhone 7 was already and 2. no one else on the internet got similar results from testing these devices.
    05-02-2017 06:06 AM
    Yeah I know this battery test video. But two things: 1. no one knows, how old the tested iPhone 7 was already and 2. no one else on the internet got similar results from testing these devices.
    Actually I remember another youtuber who did a battery test and S8+ won, just can`t remember the name.
    05-02-2017 06:10 AM
    I'm on s8+. I optimised it as much as I could to save battery and I still won't pass 4hrs sot or 12 hours off the charger
    Unless you're in a bad service area
    There's something wrong with your device, you should try and replace it

My s8 + gives me 5 hours screen on time before the battery reaches 50%
    And that's with WiFi on Bluetooth on
    Streaming music for 2 hours, whd+ all the time... Everything to full capacity
    Attached Thumbnails Galaxy S8 / S8 + Battery Life Thread-1710.jpg  
    Michael Pecikonis likes this.
    05-02-2017 06:11 AM
    Battery
    Attached Thumbnails Galaxy S8 / S8 + Battery Life Thread-1713.jpg  
    05-02-2017 06:12 AM
    Lol what's the point of FHD if we're getting 7 and 8 hours with Quad hd?
    Exactly
    I'm on wqhd+ since day one
    Battery life is amazing
    I go to bed at night with over 50% juice still on my battery on most nights and that's with 5-6 hours screen on time
    I'm always on my phone (heavy user here) s8 plus
    Attached Thumbnails Galaxy S8 / S8 + Battery Life Thread-1731.jpg  
    Soggly and amotter like this.
    05-02-2017 06:22 AM
    Battery
    Attached Thumbnails Galaxy S8 / S8 + Battery Life Thread-1730.jpg  
    05-02-2017 06:23 AM
    Is my battery performing properly ?

The screen was on FHD and no Wi-Fi used today. I've been browsing with Chrome, texting, using twitter and facebook. The results from you guys are really amazing even with the wqhd screen that I have to consider mine again.

I just switched from iPhone and I never notice battery lost overnight before in iPhone and I felt like the battery drains really fast comparing with my old iPhone 6+
    Attached Thumbnails Galaxy S8 / S8 + Battery Life Thread-screenshot_20170502-184549.jpg   Galaxy S8 / S8 + Battery Life Thread-screenshot_20170502-184556.jpg   Galaxy S8 / S8 + Battery Life Thread-screenshot_20170502-184605.jpg  
    05-02-2017 06:51 AM
    Sorry, but your comment is trash. The iPhone 7 (Plus) has many hardware features, the S8 doesn't have like the dual camera with the amazing portrait mode (the Samsung software emulation can't match this), stereo speakers, the Taptic Engine (pressing the home button feels so much more real on the iPhone), 3DTouch... Also almost every review site on the web has found the iPhone 7 Plus battery to be superior to both the S8 (look at phonearena.com for example). And what's more the iPhone 7 still smokes the S8 in benchmarks and app rotation tests. Yeah, the S8 has the fancy new design and the superior display. But the iPhone 7 is far from being "old tech".
    Some people don't care about some features on either phone ie: speakers and camera which i dont use often enough to cry about and battery life is always subjective as apple and samsung probably don't have the same power management +,haven't seen alot of people saying the iphone had better battery life but I'd be interested in reading one if you could provide a link.
    05-02-2017 08:07 AM
    Some people don't care about some features on either phone ie: speakers and camera which i dont use often enough to cry about and battery life is always subjective as apple and samsung probably don't have the same power management +,haven't seen alot of people saying the iphone had better battery life but I'd be interested in reading one if you could provide a link.
    Here is a link to a review, in which the iPhone 7 Plus comes on top in battery life:

http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Sa..._id4334/page/4

My point was not to say that the iPhone 7 Plus has superior hardware or that the mentioned features are necessary for everyone. I just couldn't agree with someone saying the iPhone hardware is cheap and trash.
    Qc_Anubis and dejanh like this.
    05-02-2017 08:11 AM
    No worries my man i'm open minded + curious about battery life stats also ,i've used iphones before and i do agree the hardware was something but imo it dosen't compete with the s8 and the taptic engine to me feels too much like a gimmick (just like edge features on the s8 which i barely use) Overall though apple is more for people who have multiple apple products already,their ecosystem hasen't been touched by anyone yet that i know of,me ? I just prefer android in general.

Btw thx for the link ahah first time i see the iphone coming on top though made me chuckle XD.
    05-02-2017 08:21 AM
    Here is a link to a review, in which the iPhone 7 Plus comes on top in battery life:

Samsung Galaxy S8+ vs Apple iPhone 7 Plus - Call Quality, Battery Life and Conclusion

My point was not to say that the iPhone 7 Plus has superior hardware or that the mentioned features are necessary for everyone. I just couldn't agree with someone saying the iPhone hardware is cheap and trash.
    I would agree it is definitely not cheap... LOL
    05-02-2017 08:35 AM
    LMAO at the review... Fan boy much? (that is in reference to the article... not the person that posted it )

This line: Galaxy S8 / S8 + Battery Life Thread-capture.jpg
    05-02-2017 08:39 AM
    So it looks like this guys is getting closer to my SOT time (4hours at the most) than all of your guys with the 10 hours SOT. Made me feel good for 5 minutes ( but now I already feel bad again cause I want 6 hours+)

05-02-2017 08:56 AM
    This guy gets 7 hours tho..

05-02-2017 08:58 AM

http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Sa..._id4334/page/4

Maybe not trash, just about 3 generations behind.
    05-02-2017 10:21 AM
    Unless you're in a bad service area
    There's something wrong with your device, you should try and replace it

My s8 + gives me 5 hours screen on time before the battery reaches 50%
    And that's with WiFi on Bluetooth on
    Streaming music for 2 hours, whd+ all the time... Everything to full capacity
    Agreed
    05-02-2017 10:22 AM
    Man your results are CRAZY!!!!
    Here are my results of yesterday. Didn't make it past 4 hours again.
    The day before I had miraculously gotten 5h30 sot so I started to wonder what I had done different.

Here are the three things I can come up with between the good and the bad battery day.

Ok the good battery day:
    1. I may have had better signal, but I am not even sure
    2. I used Instagram much much less than usual. It's nomarlly the number one app I use the most
    3. I didn't use Bluetooth to stream my audio book and Spotify to my airpods.

Besides than, nothing special. Im back with my crappy battery life.

Few things i need to mention:
    1. Yes I use a foreign SIM card in my phone which means that I am constantly roaming (but it doesn't mean my signal is bad I always have 4 bars up)
    2. My s8+ is an exynos (955f)
    3. I purchased the phone directly on the Samsung website.
    4. I have not upgraded the phone since purchase (I blocked the ota update that came on the day I received it because I wanted to keep the ability to remap my bixby button to whatever I wish)

Any thoughts as to why I can't get passed 4 hours ??

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ff8f9ce9f3.jpg
    Maybe it's those 4 things you mentioned. All those combined could be causing a problem
    05-02-2017 10:25 AM
    For those having battery issues, start by checking your signal strength
    Katsuraz likes this.
    05-02-2017 10:26 AM
    Maybe not trash, just about 3 generations behind.
    You are 3 generations behind talking such nonsense. Every serious reviewer considers the phones technically on par. They are just alternatives. No need for bashing.
    05-02-2017 10:31 AM
    Yeah, can we leave the IPhone out of this please? The **** measuring in this thread is getting ridiculous
    05-02-2017 10:38 AM
    BTW I'm also getting sick standby. My S7 edge used to drain overnight a little by it waa frustrating. Not my s8+. I lose a percent or two maybe. And to the iPhone guy. Are you kidding me? The iPhone was surpassed awhile back. You know what this phone looks like next to an iPhone. Every iPhone user I met is dropping there's. They had enough of same old same old.
    05-02-2017 10:47 AM
    Is my battery performing properly ?

The screen was on FHD and no Wi-Fi used today. I've been browsing with Chrome, texting, using twitter and facebook. The results from you guys are really amazing even with the wqhd screen that I have to consider mine again.

I just switched from iPhone and I never notice battery lost overnight before in iPhone and I felt like the battery drains really fast comparing with my old iPhone 6+
    Well, that doesn't look too bad, you are using a lot of chrome and a lot of Facebook... Both are battery hogs
    But it should give you a little more...
    How's the signal been where you are?
    This is a s8 plus right? Not a s8...
    No need to keep your screen at 1080p just switch to wqhd+ it makes virtually no difference on battery
    BTW the S8 plus lasts 40% longer than the iPhone 7 plus, so it should at least give you at least 50% more juice than your 6s plus, the iPhone does better at standby but overall it's 40% less efficient
    Watch this
    Katsuraz likes this.
    05-02-2017 10:50 AM
    The Battery life for me has been amazing. This is with Bluetooth on and about 3 hours of GPS usage along with wifi and I still had 8 hours left. So far I'm happy miles better than my S7 edge. BTW I have the s8 plus.
    Edit: I also have the screen at WQHD
    Galaxy S8 / S8 + Battery Life Thread-screenshot_20170430-185855.jpg
    05-02-2017 11:29 AM
    Well, that doesn't look too bad, you are using a lot of chrome and a lot of Facebook... Both are battery hogs
    But it should give you a little more...
    How's the signal been where you are?
    This is a s8 plus right? Not a s8...
    No need to keep your screen at 1080p just switch to wqhd+ it makes virtually no difference on battery
    BTW the S8 plus lasts 40% longer than the iPhone 7 plus, so it should at least give you at least 50% more juice than your 6s plus, the iPhone does better at standby but overall it's 40% less efficient
    Glad to know that having wqhd+ screen will cause no noticeable difference because I really love it but I didn't want it to drain all my juice and yes my device is S8 plus.

My signal was pretty decent in the morning, but after that, it wasn't so good.
    I never knew that having weak signal results in greater battery consumption and I think it could be one of the thing diminishing my battery life.
    I will try another day using the Samsung Internet browser instead of Chrome to see if there's any difference.
    05-02-2017 12:58 PM
    Not really going to track this much any more this is great for a work day. Not much screen time like 45 minutes. But you know I was working for a change.... Lol

I did put it in the Qii car charger on the way home but I streamed YouTube and Navigated using split screen. (Don't worry it was just a podcast I didn't really watch it.)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...cba9f22bc0.jpg
    s8 Plus or s8? Could you please identify?
    05-02-2017 01:47 PM
779 ... 1617181920 ...