Galaxy S8 / S8 + Battery Life Thread

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Buddy if you're still getting only 4.3 hours of on screen time you need to return the phone. That's not normal. It's impossible unless you are getting 1-2 bars, with maybe a 3 thrown in here and there, max ALL DAY LONG and have no WiFi running on top of it. With say maybe max brightness all the way up at all times. No auto. And location on.

If this phones battery had 4 hours OST, as in the actual battery life that everyone was getting including myself, I'd return it immediately and get another brand. Samsung would probably be in serious **** too. They'd never release a the s8 or + with that battery life. It would be a disaster. Especially after the note fiasco. They'd say one blows up, and the that doesn't can't hold a charge. Their most powerful phone ever has only 4 hours OST. Can't imagine that. It's crazy and would be the downfall of samsung.
Odd i'm mostly having 4-5 ost (although i don't charge everyday so that 5 hours is in 24+ hours of being on. Don't think mine's defective but you never know.

Vogal

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Well, you have very similar results than me indeed. I get maybe 20-30 mins more of SOT than you, but why are you happy with this? People on this forum get between 7 and 10 hours of SOT! Thats twice better than us.
I'm getting between 3 to 5h Sot. All on except Google history location. Never get like 7 or 8h Sot...

steven Hadjez

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Yep back to normal. This is with a couple hours WiFi and the rest 4glte
. Auto brightness, sync on, notifications on, and location off. High performance mode on. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170506/773b660f13ff98a7d51813a19a4b2d28.jpg

Can you describe what a day is like on your phone ? Like whats your routine, which app do you use? Downloads? phone calls? games ?

I just can't understand this. Thats more SOT that I've ever gotten and you stil have 45 left

steven Hadjez

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
That's extremely odd. It has to be something to do with your service or an application you keep installing or something. Who's your provider?

I use SFR, its a French network, and I use it in Belgium so I am roaming and signal isn't great. But I can't accept that this is the reason why I get 4 hours and you 9, because one day I used used my phone in airplane mode and I got the same results. I guess its an app, but I just can't figure out which one !!

Michael Pecikonis

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
Can you describe what a day is like on your phone ? Like whats your routine, which app do you use? Downloads? phone calls? games ?

I just can't understand this. Thats more SOT that I've ever gotten and you stil have 45 left
My routine is simple. I use the phone the night after I charge it, and it's usually it's at about 85-90 percent when I'm done screwing around. So I set all my alarms and put the phone down till the morning. My alarms go off now stop because I never wake up the first time. So they repeat themselves a lot. I'll shut them off finally and get ready and go. Phone looses some battery from standby and the alarms.

But I don't charge overnight. It's usually at 85-95 like I said, when I put it down for the night.

Then the next day usage throughout that morning and evening I'll use a ton of YouTube and Chrome browser. That's my main OST. I'm a power user too. I use around 25-30 gigs a month of data so I'm constantly on the phone. Usually I'm getting 4 bars of 4glte. And obviously I mix some WiFi in. I make some calls here and there. Sometimes a long one but rarely. Usually it's around 30 mins to an hour the most during the day of call time if that. Sometimes only a few mins. Most of my communication is texting. I text a lot throughout the day.

I take some pictures and once and a blue moon I'll upload a couple, but I'm not on Facebook alot anymore. I'll check some stuff here and there. Very little. I use apps like tap to talk a lot and other small apps like a Guitar tuner. Amazon and ebay apps I use a lot. And I'll use store to download some icon or widget packs etc. Nothing crazy.

Sometimes I use location for maps but on the of I need to. So usually it's a short time, 15 mins or so.

I close all my apps down when I done with them and my browser. I donr leave stiff open. And I use CCleaner twice a day.

That's about it.

I get home and charge the phone of it needs it. I also try and charge if I'm at 40 percent now instead of letting it drain all the way down. Sometimes that's not possible because i go under that by the time I get home.

Last edited:

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I use SFR, its a French network, and I use it in Belgium so I am roaming and signal isn't great. But I can't accept that this is the reason why I get 4 hours and you 9, because one day I used used my phone in airplane mode and I got the same results. I guess its an app, but I just can't figure out which one !!
I'm a french canadian signal bars seem to be full more often then not , disabled a bunch of stock apps , using the fhd+ ,sync + wifi on neve ever had more than 5 hours sot 0.0!

steven Hadjez

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm a french canadian signal bars seem to be full more often then not , disabled a bunch of stock apps , using the fhd+ ,sync + wifi on neve ever had more than 5 hours sot 0.0!

Welcome to the club. If you ever find out why we can't get over 4hrs of SOT ill fly to canada and clean your dishes for one months.

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I have Exynos, I thought this could have been a reason. Well, the curiosity is not satisfied
I get about 5 hours sot but it's over a more than 24 hours period so i can't really tell if day to day use sucks tbh but i think it's handling well for now. I'm mostly still wondering if i'm keeping it or going for a g6 instead (haven't heard alot even from users).

waveuk

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
What widgets do you have active? I found they can consume quite​ a lot.

Michael Pecikonis

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
After having my phone well over a day I don't have the best battery life of anyone reported here but I have what I considered to be respectable battery life of five and three quarter hours screen on time.
That's pretty good. What's your signal like? Do you have location on? What are your settings for everything.

waveuk

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
S8, best battery I have ever have in a phone.
e3018f5b6edc660cb461f8af7a0c0bf2.jpg
dd25608cfb010295ee5b8648e2cf5f6d.jpg
9c4f99872ae77c4f78cc3dbb84434ca7.jpg

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Last night I did a test with the S7 edge and the S8. I fully charged both then unplugged them and let them just sit. After 10 hrs. (8:00 pm to 6:00 am) the S8 dropped to 87% while the S7 edge dropped to 85%.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary