Galaxy S8 / S8 + Battery Life Thread

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
4th day of putting the S8 through the paces of my regular usage and I am so impressed. I can only imagine what it would be like had I chosen the S8+.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Averaging around 14 1/2 hrs. Of course this will vary depending on individual usage.

Totally appreciate battery usage is a subjective topic. :)

Over 14 hours is pretty impressive.

Just trying to get a handle on how long the s8 can go as I'm interested in buying one.

I'm currently using a s7 edge.

Michael Pecikonis

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
Couldn't be happier with my s8+ battery life. I'm on Verizon . Full resolution and high performance mode on. Sync and a notifications on. Auto brightness, a lot of use outside during the day. All on the on screen use was mostly the heavy YouTube use and online browsing. Some calls mixed in. Nova launcher installed and running. This is without a black theme or wallpaper. This so the 2nd day of all day full usage. It will get even better in a few days. Yesterday I fly was 8.5 hours OST. I'll take this life all day long. Over 32 hours overall with 9.25 OST? Um yes please.

13a3d22e0e8cd0bc41a2a21e21216bbc.jpg

Last edited:

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Totally appreciate battery usage is a subjective topic. :)

Over 14 hours is pretty impressive.

Just trying to get a handle on how long the s8 can go as I'm interested in buying one.

I'm currently using a s7 edge.
I hope that other here who own the S8 can give the input you need to help in your decision making

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
It's early, I know, so I'm not ready to declare anything about battery life after a couple days. HOWEVER, this is the first Android phone I've owned where I went to bed at 100 percent and awoke at 100 percent. That's from 11:30 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. for those wondering. That's a regular occurrence for my iPhone, but the best an Android phone had ever done is about 2-to-3 percent loss. Now, it's worth noting that I keep AOD inactive and Do Not Disturb active from 11 p.m to 5:30 a.m., so that could be playing a role.

Last edited:

oldmick

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I figure we should start an official battery thread since we are seeing quite a few pop up.

Remember to post your stats below and advise if you have the S8 or S8 Plus :).
I watched a battery comparison on the tube yesterday , with the S8 plus going the the looping battery test against the lg g6 , and from memory the other was the htc u ultra .
I didn't expect the plus to be better than the G6 .
The first phone to run out of juice was the u ultra ( no surprise there), the G6 soldiered on for a quite a good time before shutting down , the S8 kept going for hours even beating out the the mate 9s time .
Very impressive indeed.

Demetrious L

Apr 24, 2017
Visit site
TBH I'm not all that impressed with the battery life, but I've never really been all that impressed with the battery on any Android phone I've had. It's mostly standby that kills it for me. I have an S8+ and an iPhone 7 Plus, and my iPhone may go down to 93% during a work day. My S8+ was down to 50% with only 45 minutes SOT

Hmm I'd have to disagree. My phone was on standby for 8hrs and only went down 3%. Maybe you try disabling apps you don't need and/or turn on power saving mode. I'm loving the battery life.

PopFilms

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
The battery life stats don't seem right...
Screenshot_20170424-131520.jpg
I've maybe had two and a half hours of screen time yet it's gone from 90% to 43%. Not much internet, just playing downloaded video. However, the battery life seems like it has gotten better over the past few days and adjusted to my usage.
This is on a S8 FYI.

David Brock

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
That's right for the S8 regular. Completely on par with what I'm seeing. On average I've been finishing a day around 4 hours of SoT. Most of these screenshots on here are of the S8+