08-10-2017 06:30 PM
770 ... 56789 ...
tools
    First day mostly Wi-Fi, 8 hours SOT, yesterday was 6.5 hours SOT half Wi-Fi half LTE. So far today, 2 hours SOT and 74% left.
    04-25-2017 11:13 AM
    Same here. Went from 100% to 96 sitting overnight
    04-25-2017 12:12 PM
    The reviewers who talked about okay battery life, I just don't know where they got that from. I have never had a phone that has as good a battery life as my S8 Plus. Currently this morning I have been using my phone without turning it off for exactly 10 minutes. So far it is still at 100%. Actually now that it's gone to 11 minutes, it has gone down 1%. One freaking percent in 11 minutes! That means after one hour at this rate, I will have lost about 6%. My S7 Edge typically lost 12% in an hour. That means I'm getting about double the battery life. Although I haven't yet run this one down to 0 to see how much actual screen on time I get, if I was getting 4 hours on the S7 Edge and this one seems to be doubling the battery life, then I completely expect that I also will get 7 to 8 hours screen on time.
    You should try an iPhone 7 Plus...you might lose 3-4% per hour.

Had my S8+ since Thursday and anecdotally I'd say the battery is no better or worse than the S7E it replaced, which in truth I'm ok with.

For normal day to day use it cannot get near my IP7+ but it is ok and I am never that far away from a wireless charging pad.
    This is pretty much the truth. The only difference for me is that I hate topping up the phone. I am so busy as-is. I don't need another thing to think about. Samsung needs to reign in battery consumption, especially standby. That and the OLED screens are so power hungry when not on black it's unreal. Sometimes I feel like I have a plasma screen built into my phone.
    04-25-2017 12:26 PM
    Why would I want a phone that doesn't have wireless charging?
    I don't know. I gave you another option since you seem to be impressed by low actual drain while in use. You can't beat iPhone 7 Plus as far as non-China brand flagships go.
    04-25-2017 12:49 PM
    I found my phone's Achilles heal. Streaming music through Bluetooth. It's not so bad when I play the music saved to my phone but I've been streaming today and it's destroying my battery.
    04-25-2017 01:24 PM
    I love my new s8+ but i have to say that the battery so far has just been TERRIBLE. I get awful results compared to you. I barely get over 3 hours of sot and I'm not that much of heavy user. I don't play any games on the phone, i have a minimum of app installed.
    Today I tried to:
    Turn on WiFi as much as possible
    Turn off completely all locations
    Turn off aod
    Turn off haptic feedback
    Turn off auto brightness and i stayed at 30% all day even when i couldn't see anything outside !
    And the result are just ridiculously bad. I unplugged at 8am and by 7pm i had less than 10% and only 3h30 of sot. Which is the most I've ever gotten so far. So now it's either:
    1) one of you explain to me what I'm doing and why i only get 3h30 of sot while most of you are averaging 7 hours with a higher resolution, brightness and all the settings on? Some of you even get to 8 hours with qhd screen on.
    2) i will just consider that all of you are paid by Samsung to leave fake reviews about the battery (cause at this point I'm so shocked when i compare your results to mine that i don't done what to say)

And i really hope that someone will prove me wrong, because i will be eternally grateful if i can reach 5hrs of sot at least !

P.s. no i don't suffer of battery anxiety 

04-25-2017 01:43 PM
    It could be your network signal going from your screenshot. The phone would be working harder to keep hold of signal.
    04-25-2017 01:56 PM
    Your android system and os seem to be too high. Taking as much battery as your screen. Did you do a fresh install or use something like smart switch to move your info onto your new phone? You seem to have bad reception also
    04-25-2017 02:04 PM
    It could be your network signal going from your screenshot. The phone would be working harder to keep hold of signal.
    It was just in that screenshot (i was in the toilet )
    And I'm connected to WiFi 80% of the day. I thought about this too at first but i see that some of the people in here have 8 hours sot and 5 on days with bad signal and no WiFi. Still far from everyone.
    04-25-2017 02:13 PM
    Your android system and os seem to be too high. Taking as much battery as your screen. Did you do a fresh install or use something like smart switch to move your info onto your new phone? You seem to have bad reception also
    I thought so too ! But how can i fix this ?
    Yes, i did a fresh install. The only link to my past on this new phone is that installed a couple of apps to sync with my icloud contacts and calendar.
    Im so sad about my sot
    About the signal, I've spent days at home without leaving my WiFi and 5 bars, and still bad bad bateru
    04-25-2017 02:15 PM
    Would appreciate a little more context with the data. The data is great though because context is subjective. Here is a context piece that perhaps users can answer. And can you please make clear if you are rocking the PLUS or just the S8.

I will turn my phone on at 7 AM. I want it to last until 10 or 11 PM. Normal use for me is a 6-10 phone calls some longer most are pretty short. An hour or maybe 2 of internet...I like to read the News, I like to check on my sports teams, etc. Maybe a little video...but usually none, I prefer to read (I am old!). I dont play games that much, and a good bit of texting throughout the day. I am assuming I am a moderate to light user....how will the S8 hold up?
    04-25-2017 02:19 PM
    It was just in that screenshot (i was in the toilet )
    And I'm connected to WiFi 80% of the day. I thought about this too at first but i see that some of the people in here have 8 hours sot and 5 on days with bad signal and no WiFi. Still far from everyone.
    TMI
    bandofbrothers2112 likes this.
    04-25-2017 02:22 PM
    Would appreciate a little more context with the data. The data is great though because context is subjective. Here is a context piece that perhaps users can answer. And can you please make clear if you are rocking the PLUS or just the S8.

I will turn my phone on at 7 AM. I want it to last until 10 or 11 PM. Normal use for me is a 6-10 phone calls some longer most are pretty short. An hour or maybe 2 of internet...I like to read the News, I like to check on my sports teams, etc. Maybe a little video...but usually none, I prefer to read (I am old!). I dont play games that much, and a good bit of texting throughout the day. I am assuming I am a moderate to light user....how will the S8 hold up?
    Yea.... This is one reason I wish they hadn't combined the two devices into one forum.
    amotter likes this.
    04-25-2017 02:23 PM
    TMI
    What does that mean ?!
    amotter likes this.
    04-25-2017 02:24 PM
    What is left in the tank at 11 PM after moderate use?
    04-25-2017 02:26 PM
    What does that mean ?!
    The bathroom comment....Lmao!
    steven Hadjez likes this.
    04-25-2017 02:27 PM
    What is left in the tank at 11 PM after moderate use?
    For me at that time I'm half way through my second charge. But it seems I'm the unlucky one
    04-25-2017 02:28 PM
    I made it through a 12 hour shift with normal use and bad signal without charging.

Those comparing to the iPhone, sure it has better standby time. BUT, if you have to charge, it's going to be on that charger for at least twice as long to get the same level of juice as the galaxy.

And then you're still dealing with a smaller battery.

Standby could be a lot better, but it has improved from previous galaxy phones.

I know bc I have to charge my iPhone at least once a night.
    04-25-2017 02:31 PM
    I made it through a 12 hour shift with normal use and bad signal without charging.
    You see ! Not me !
    May i ask what was your sot ?
    04-25-2017 02:33 PM
    You see ! Not me !
    May i ask what was your sot ?
    I'm not sure because I plugged it in, in my truck at like 25% battery.

I'll just let it go tonight and see what I get. I would imagine 5 hours at least.
    04-25-2017 02:36 PM
    I am looking at 19 hours with about 3 hours screen for today, but I am only half way thru my day.

Using the estimated time left in the figures above.
    04-25-2017 02:41 PM
    Well i have not done time on it but i have a s6 edge plus so i had everything put on my S8 Plus the exact way it was on my s6 i backed it up and moved it over. I set the brightness etc all the same. Had both phones 100% and went out to do some gaming. I did the exact same thing with both phones and after 2 hours of on and off playing there was not much difference. Sure the S8 plus was much faster more snap to it but after i was done i had 48% on the S6 edge plus and 52% on the S8 plus. The 6 was much more warm then the 8 was. So really not much difference which kinda sucks as i was looking at finally keeping a long charge with some heavy gaming. Anyway i did check everything to make sure i had both phones as exact as i could be.
    04-25-2017 03:02 PM
    I read there's a bug that can keep the battery stats from resetting between charges. This probably accounts for the folks posting 8-10 hours of SOT. Or, they're leaving the phone on with a black static background and letting the battery drain very slowly..
    04-25-2017 03:39 PM
    I read there's a bug that can keep the battery stats from resetting between charges. This probably accounts for the folks posting 8-10 hours of SOT. Or, they're leaving the phone on with a black static background and letting the battery drain very slowly..
    Well that would make me feel better about myself, but it's hard to believe thats the reason. If anything I'd believe more that they are all paid by Samsung to post crazy sot ! Anyone can help me ?
    04-25-2017 03:45 PM
    Don't know what bug you read from, but I can easily achieve 8 hours SOT if I'm on Wi-Fi most of the day.. during work I use GPS most of the time with data and has resulted around 6-7 hours SOT.
    04-25-2017 03:48 PM
770 ... 56789 ...