Anyone else having fingerprint issues? It kept erroring when I tried to enroll my fingerprint and now after getting it enrolled it takes three or four times to work. I got an update on Sprint today, so didn't know if that had something to do with it. Or is my phone maybe bad. I have no other issues. Thanks
    04-21-2017 07:11 PM
    Anyone else having fingerprint issues? It kept erroring when I tried to enroll my fingerprint and now after getting it enrolled it takes three or four times to work. I got an update on Sprint today, so didn't know if that had something to do with it. Or is my phone maybe bad. I have no other issues. Thanks
    I did have a bit of an issue registering the two fingerprints but each time I've needed to use it it works like a charm. I'm really starting to like this phone
    04-21-2017 07:14 PM
    You should re-register your fingerprints and move your finger around incrementally each time. Once mine was registered, it has been working flawlessly. The iris scanner is leaps and bounds more convenient though.

04-21-2017 07:22 PM
    Mine isn't having any issues.
    04-21-2017 07:40 PM
    No issues here. Try to get every angle of your finger print when registering it and register your main unlock finger twice.
    04-21-2017 08:11 PM
    I'm having a terrible time with the fingerprint reader. I've registered four fingers, but I'd say that the reader fails 75% of the time. It makes LastPass almost unusable. I really hate it.
    04-21-2017 09:42 PM
    I am finding that all the boohoo'ing pre release about the fingerprint reader was very overblown. It's comfortable, you quickly build muscle memory, I hit It cleanly each time.

Now the Iris scanner....sucks for me. Glasses don't work for crap with it. It wants the phone higher, but glasses frame interferes. As I am damn near blind, I am not taking them off each time to unlock my phone.
    04-22-2017 09:25 AM
    I am finding that all the boohoo'ing pre release about the fingerprint reader was very overblown. It's comfortable, you quickly build muscle memory, I hit It cleanly each time.

Now the Iris scanner....sucks for me. Glasses don't work for crap with it. It wants the phone higher, but glasses frame interferes. As I am damn near blind, I am not taking them off each time to unlock my phone.
    I am sorry to hear you are having such trouble with the Iris scanner. I initially had an issue setting it up but finally figured out I need to move the phone 10-12 inches away to set it up (I was holding a few inches from my face). I also wear glass (with transition frames) but so far the Iris scanner has worked flawlessly (same for the FPS). I have not had to remove my glasses yet.
    04-22-2017 09:29 AM

I read somewhere else. If you haven't already but try to register your Iris with glasses on. That seemed to fix the issue.
    04-22-2017 10:02 AM
    Mine still isn't working well. I will try enrolling the same finger twice to see if that helps. Any other ideaa?
    04-23-2017 11:37 PM
    No issues here. Mine is still pretty quick and reliable. The location still takes a bit of getting used to .
    04-24-2017 12:14 AM
    Mine still isn't working well. I will try enrolling the same finger twice to see if that helps. Any other ideaa?
    Does it ask you to use slightly different angles?
    04-24-2017 12:52 AM
    Finger print scanner works perfectly for me.

Take your time to read the instructions on what the phone is telling you to place your finger. If you have a case, from which you have had your fingerprint scanned, re-scan your finger with the case on. The position of where your print to be read will change slightly.
    04-24-2017 01:46 AM
    Can I ask a stupid question as I'm not buying the S8 but possibly the Note 8? Can you set the S8 to unlock via fingerprint or iris without having to go into settings to choose one or the other? In other words, pick up the phone and without touching settings, you can unlock via either method. Or can you unlock only with one method and have to go into settings to change to another method.
    04-24-2017 04:51 AM
    Can I ask a stupid question as I'm not buying the S8 but possibly the Note 8? Can you set the S8 to unlock via fingerprint or iris without having to go into settings to choose one or the other? In other words, pick up the phone and without touching settings, you can unlock via either method. Or can you unlock only with one method and have to go into settings to change to another method.
    You can use both. Either finger print and Iris or finger print and facial recognition, with password or pin so you actually​ have 3 ways at unlocking at a time.
    04-24-2017 05:03 AM
    You can use both. Either finger print and Iris or finger print and facial recognition, with password or pin so you actually​ have 3 ways at unlocking at a time.
    Cool, thanks.
    04-24-2017 05:40 AM