I can't send or receive any text messages when I have WiFi on. I am using Google messenger and it was working fine with my S6. Got the S8 yesterday and now I can't text anyone. It just hangs there and never goes through.

I can send single text now through the messaged app. Can't send group messages. That seems to be the hangup right now
    Brian Street likes this.
    04-22-2017 09:34 AM
    Don't have a solution for your problem, but Verizon messages+ is awesome ... I would check that out.
    04-22-2017 09:41 AM
    I'm on T-Mobile and have the same issue. No MMS or group text goes or comes thru when WiFi is turned on. Turn it off and it works. Everything else works fine. My other buddy on Tmo has the same issue. Worked with Support and Samsung and they said "that's the way it works". Disappointed.
    04-22-2017 12:00 PM
    I never use MMS..but from way back in the day I read that MMS required cellular use and didn't work over wifi, where SMS was able to work over wifi.
    04-22-2017 12:22 PM
    I'm not quite sure what the actual problem is. I have VZW and use Signal instead of Messages or Messages+, I tried with Wifi on and Wifi Off, Regular text (addressed to not Signal users) and MMS work just fine. I also tried to send text / mms message from Google Voice number and received just fine. Advanced calling (VoLTE) is turned on (default setting as shipped with the phone)
    04-22-2017 12:33 PM
    I had the same issue yesterday with Google Messages. It started working again after making Samsung Messages the default app and then going back to GM again. Now it's broke again.

And people were upset that Samsung waited until late April to release this phone? Hell, it's still not ready for distribution yet here it is and page after page of problems. What a mess.
    04-22-2017 02:44 PM
    I just use Textra. I can send and receive MMS while on my home wifi.
    xsikal likes this.
    04-22-2017 02:50 PM
    I mean, don't use guys think it's something can be wrong with Google Messenger? It looks like other third party apps work just fine.
    04-22-2017 03:43 PM
    I mean, don't use guys think it's something can be wrong with Google Messenger? It looks like other third party apps work just fine.
    It could be. New phones can have bugs with certain apps till the devs figure them out and issue updates to fix them.
    04-22-2017 03:50 PM
    Have tried a couple of apps. Using Textra now. But I want to use Google messenger. Still no solutions?
    04-22-2017 11:22 PM
    Same deal for me. Something with how Samsung has messaging services set up on the device is broken. Mine also does it for regular SMS messages too.
    04-22-2017 11:27 PM
    I using the stock Samsung app with no worries. It's working fine on and off at WiFi.
    04-22-2017 11:30 PM
    I use Textra. No issues.
    04-23-2017 12:08 AM
    This is so ******* annoying. I PREFER to use Android Messages (formerly know as Google Messages), since neither the Samsung Messaging app, nor the Verizon Messages+ app allow for keyboard GIF insertion. However, since Android Messages refuses to send MMS with WiFi activated, it's not an option right now. When I turn WiFI off, Android Messages operates perfectly fine, but if anybody thinks that a suitable workaround, they're nuts. What could possibly be the issue here?

Also, as an aside, does anybody else using the Verizon Messages+ app notice their contact pictures avatars are distorted?
    04-23-2017 09:28 AM
    It is not phone or carrier specific I use TMobile and have the same issue
    04-23-2017 10:04 AM
    I have the same issue using Android Messages not sending MMS with WiFi on. Samsung stock app works just fine. I'm on at&t, my S7 edge worked just fine. Hopefully this gets fixed, not sure who needs to fix it though... Google, Samsung?
    04-23-2017 10:19 AM
    This is so ******* annoying. I PREFER to use Android Messages (formerly know as Google Messages), since neither the Samsung Messaging app, nor the Verizon Messages+ app allow for keyboard GIF insertion. However, since Android Messages refuses to send MMS with WiFi activated, it's not an option right now. When I turn WiFI off, Android Messages operates perfectly fine, but if anybody thinks that a suitable workaround, they're nuts. What could possibly be the issue here?

Also, as an aside, does anybody else using the Verizon Messages+ app notice their contact pictures avatars are distorted?
    I would say the issue is it needs an update due to a bug with the S8.

I can say Textra has been working just fine on and off wifi for me. It also allows gif insertion.
    04-23-2017 11:42 AM
    I would say the issue is it needs an update due to a bug with the S8.

I can say Textra has been working just fine on and off wifi for me. It also allows gif insertion.
    Thanks man. May have to go back to Textra for a bit I guess. We had a bad breakup last year.
    04-23-2017 11:56 AM