08-02-2018 09:11 AM
78 1234
tools
    I don't even get the logic of a screen protector. They're usually made of plastic, which scuffs and scratches really easily. I've never (knock on wood) seen a scratch or scuff mark on any cell phone screen I've ever had. All screen protectors do is make an expensive phone look cheap.
    05-04-2017 06:22 PM
    Unless you are going to the beach, screen protectors are for the birds.
    Hear hear!
    05-04-2017 06:22 PM
    It's sad that screen shields can't be developed for these devices... I guess that's the price to be paid for a curved screen. The zag shield was crap... it felt like there was a big bubble, I took it off... it also took away from the screen and it's capabilities too. Lame.
    Yes this is a much one of the hot and debated topics about this phone still trying to figure out which on to get
    05-04-2017 06:28 PM
    i buy today outterbox alpha and the screen now lagay and not work normal and its going to trash and i will replace may with cilikon screen protector
    05-05-2017 06:38 AM
    Here's one, fully adhered
    05-05-2017 08:33 AM
    Here's one, fully adhered
    Great thing
    05-05-2017 08:41 AM
    Found my perfect combination - the official Samsung Galaxy S8+ screen protector and the Samsung Alcantara case. Now, why these aren't EASILY available from outlets in the USA boggles my mind, but they can be found and they are worth it (to me). The Sammy protector is film, not glass, but I'm just trying to keep it from getting scratched. If it shatters, that's why I have insurance. Very pleased with this protector. Took a little bit of work getting all the bubbles out, but the included squeegee has a soft material applied to the edge, so no damage done to the protector while snuffing out the bubbles. The case is very, very nice as well. It's a soft material, sort of like suede. If you can find them, go for it.
    kevinpleasants and zipro like this.
    05-06-2017 12:42 PM
    Great thing
    Will it work with Spigen slim armor case
    05-12-2017 08:13 PM
    First of all it won't work if you use the gear VR, definitely will distort the image. Second, it's very hard to get a case and screen protector to work. Might have to just use it without a screen protector, oh well. A case is definitely needed for better grip otherwise it'll be difficult to hold with the thin bezels. Just a heads up for everyone.
    I have had no issues. I have a H9 Tempered Glass Screen Protector with the OtterBox Defender and it works like it was meant to be. Got the screen protector on eBAY it was listed as "Designed for use with case"

Here is the link, I am in Canada so I prefer to order from Canada if I can to get it sooner

Case Friendly Samsung Galaxy S8 & S8+ Full Cover Tempered Glass Screen Protector | eBay
    07-28-2017 04:21 AM
    I've been seeing a lot of this around but really I don't think I have that issue. The protector I ordered from Amazon is perfect. Fits in a great way, no responsiveness issues and goes around the edges too.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...cUvbUpU5902971
    07-28-2017 12:20 PM
    Ummmm.....we have glass screen protectors on both ours and they work great!!!! S8 & S8+
    07-28-2017 12:27 PM
    Just installed iTurbo screen protector and so far so good
    07-28-2017 02:44 PM
    I've been seeing a lot of this around but really I don't think I have that issue. The protector I ordered from Amazon is perfect. Fits in a great way, no responsiveness issues and goes around the edges too.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...cUvbUpU5903928
    Gotta say that installation tray is very cool!
    DCTR Zoom likes this.
    07-29-2017 06:03 AM
    Gotta say that installation tray is very cool!
    Right?? It's so easy to install, I was surprised. If I ever need another one, I'm definitely buying from them.
    07-29-2017 07:14 AM
    I use skinomi liquid glass screen protector. I've actually been using this type of skinomi for just about every one of my devices I've had or I get. It also does not collect fingerprints hardly at all. It gives you full protection and coverage. The cut outs are perfect too. This time around mine came in a two pack which typically skinomi normally comes one to a pack. I have zero complaints. I did a wet install and have no lines or bubbles. You can't even tell I have anything on my screen. It also has good tact. I think they go for either 7.95 or 9.95 on Amazon. I used skinomi liquid glass on several other devices and it's been an excellent product. I highly recommend it as it is a fairly easy install and like I said once it's on you can't see it. No way I'm not protecting this screen. I've stayed clear of all the Tempered Glass protectors as I've not read anything good about any of them. I think armor makes one similar to skinomi but I've never used it or I take that back I have an armor liquid glass on my Zenwatch 2 smartwatch which feels identical to the skinomi. Either of those two you can't go wrong with. Both will give you exactly what you need and are both top notch products.
    07-29-2017 08:01 AM
    I am going on three months with my plus wearing a OtterBox symmetry case and no screen protector. It stays on my hip in a turtle back case and the screen is like day one no scratches.
    07-29-2017 08:10 AM
    I am going on three months with my plus wearing a OtterBox symmetry case and no screen protector. It stays on my hip in a turtle back case and the screen is like day one no scratches.
    Wow no scratches. That's awesome. I was afraid I'd get some so I had a screen protector waiting on my S8 before it arrived. Which is the skinomi which by the way you can easily use a case with it on too.
    07-29-2017 08:12 AM
    Get the hd armor suite one. I did trim about a 1/16 off of each long side. And it is flawless. Wet allocation makes it very forgiving and bubble free.
    Is 1/16 inch enough? Would more make it sit even better when cased?
    07-29-2017 10:44 AM
    I use skinomi liquid glass screen protector. I've actually been using this type of skinomi for just about every one of my devices I've had or I get. It also does not collect fingerprints hardly at all. It gives you full protection and coverage. The cut outs are perfect too. This time around mine came in a two pack which typically skinomi normally comes one to a pack. I have zero complaints. I did a wet install and have no lines or bubbles. You can't even tell I have anything on my screen. It also has good tact. I think they go for either 7.95 or 9.95 on Amazon. I used skinomi liquid glass on several other devices and it's been an excellent product. I highly recommend it as it is a fairly easy install and like I said once it's on you can't see it. No way I'm not protecting this screen. I've stayed clear of all the Tempered Glass protectors as I've not read anything good about any of them. I think armor makes one similar to skinomi but I've never used it or I take that back I have an armor liquid glass on my Zenwatch 2 smartwatch which feels identical to the skinomi. Either of those two you can't go wrong with. Both will give you exactly what you need and are both top notch products.
    Even the cheapest tempered glass I have got don't bubble. That only happened with the plastic. Never had a need to wet apply
    07-30-2017 12:28 AM
    Even the cheapest tempered glass I have got don't bubble. That only happened with the plastic. Never had a need to wet apply
    Sure not the tempered glass there is not need to wet install but you get the Skinomi or Armor suite liquid skin there is no way you can dry install either of those. They even come with a solution. There is no way to apply it perfectly without bubbles on a dry install with liquid glass.
    07-30-2017 03:06 AM
    Sure not the tempered glass there is not need to wet install but you get the Skinomi or Armor suite liquid skin there is no way you can dry install either of those. They even come with a solution. There is no way to apply it perfectly without bubbles on a dry install with liquid glass.
    never been a fan of plastic or wet apply. Once Tempered glass came out I was all in, I will never look back
    07-30-2017 03:32 AM
    I don't even get the logic of a screen protector. They're usually made of plastic, which scuffs and scratches really easily. I've never (knock on wood) seen a scratch or scuff mark on any cell phone screen I've ever had. All screen protectors do is make an expensive phone look cheap.
    Simple physics. Tempered glass protectors are harder than Gorilla Glass but easier to shatter, and that's what makes them protective. The impact's force gets distributed through the glass protector before it fully is transferred to the screen. The shattering of the protector dissipates the force of impact, hence preventing shattering of the phone screen itself. Think of it as a consumable shield.
    bchain996 and mary beth hale like this.
    07-30-2017 04:07 AM
    Mine is perfect with a glass screen protector and a case. The edge of the case and the edge of glass meet up damn near perfect.
    Which glass screen protector do you use?
    09-08-2017 06:21 PM
    never been a fan of plastic or wet apply. Once Tempered glass came out I was all in, I will never look back
    The problem with ballistic/tempered glass is that they don't adhere for long. I have gone through two different brands - TechArmor and Turata (from Amazon, comes with applicator frame) and both simply fell off after 6 weeks of use. This is my first curved screen smartphone, so I am only finding out now how unreliable the adhesives on curved ballistic glass screen protectors are. Wet application is possibly the only answer but it has to be optically very high quality, if that is even possible with soft/wet protectors.
    04-25-2018 12:40 PM
    i use the Zagg, on s8+, ive had no problem with my screen protector falling off in the year that ive had it on
    04-25-2018 02:10 PM
78 1234