S8 not designed to have a screen protector

flyinwinger2

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Get the hd armor suite one. I did trim about a 1/16 off of each long side. And it is flawless. Wet allocation makes it very forgiving and bubble free.

Put the official Samsung one on last night and was actually really happy with it. However, my Spigen cases arrived today and they simply won't go on without pushing the edge of the screen cover up [sigh].

Looks like I will need to trim the edges on my next attempt.

Seriously, why is it this hard?

Highrisedrifter

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
First of all it won't work if you use the gear VR, definitely will distort the image. Second, it's very hard to get a case and screen protector to work. Might have to just use it without a screen protector, oh well. A case is definitely needed for better grip otherwise it'll be difficult to hold with the thin bezels. Just a heads up for everyone.

I have the Skinomi screen protector on mine and it fits perfectly with my Incipio DualPro case. Also, the phone works flawlessly with my Gear VR too. No distortion or fuzzy images at all.

Overall i'm impressed.

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
It's sad that screen shields can't be developed for these devices... I guess that's the price to be paid for a curved screen. The zag shield was crap... it felt like there was a big bubble, I took it off... it also took away from the screen and it's capabilities too. Lame.

-Myk-

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Mine is perfect with a glass screen protector and a case. The edge of the case and the edge of glass meet up damn near perfect.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I just got the new Zagg sapphire defense curve. Installed it and it is so much better than the glass protector. Very thin and smooth. So far so good.

deadbeatles

May 2, 2017
Visit site
I don't even get the logic of a screen protector. They're usually made of plastic, which scuffs and scratches really easily. I've never (knock on wood) seen a scratch or scuff mark on any cell phone screen I've ever had. All screen protectors do is make an expensive phone look cheap.

kleeno

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
It's sad that screen shields can't be developed for these devices... I guess that's the price to be paid for a curved screen. The zag shield was crap... it felt like there was a big bubble, I took it off... it also took away from the screen and it's capabilities too. Lame.

Yes this is a much one of the hot and debated topics about this phone still trying to figure out which on to get

S4user

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
i buy today outterbox alpha and the screen now lagay and not work normal and its going to trash and i will replace may with cilikon screen protector :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Found my perfect combination - the official Samsung Galaxy S8+ screen protector and the Samsung Alcantara case. Now, why these aren't EASILY available from outlets in the USA boggles my mind, but they can be found and they are worth it (to me). The Sammy protector is film, not glass, but I'm just trying to keep it from getting scratched. If it shatters, that's why I have insurance. Very pleased with this protector. Took a little bit of work getting all the bubbles out, but the included squeegee has a soft material applied to the edge, so no damage done to the protector while snuffing out the bubbles. The case is very, very nice as well. It's a soft material, sort of like suede. If you can find them, go for it.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
First of all it won't work if you use the gear VR, definitely will distort the image. Second, it's very hard to get a case and screen protector to work. Might have to just use it without a screen protector, oh well. A case is definitely needed for better grip otherwise it'll be difficult to hold with the thin bezels. Just a heads up for everyone.

I have had no issues. I have a H9 Tempered Glass Screen Protector with the OtterBox Defender and it works like it was meant to be. Got the screen protector on eBAY it was listed as "Designed for use with case"

Here is the link, I am in Canada so I prefer to order from Canada if I can to get it sooner

Case Friendly Samsung Galaxy S8 & S8+ Full Cover Tempered Glass Screen Protector | eBay

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo