What are you using to unlock your s8?

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have the S8+ and am finding the unlocking options a pain. I'm right handed and it is extremely hard to reach the fps holding in my right hand. I can reach it easily if I hold it with my left. The iris scanner won't work at all for me. Apparently my eyes don't open wide enough to use it. I have to physically force my eyes more open for it to work. Finally facial recognition, I thought this would work well but if I'm not sitting or standing in practically the same position as when I set it up it won't recognize my face. Anyone else having the same problem?

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I have the S8+ and am finding the unlocking options a pain. I'm right handed and it is extremely hard to reach the fps holding in my right hand. I can reach it easily if I hold it with my left. The iris scanner won't work at all for me. Apparently my eyes don't open wide enough to use it. I have to physically force my eyes more open for it to work. Finally facial recognition, I thought this would work well but if I'm not sitting or standing in practically the same position as when I set it up it won't recognize my face. Anyone else having the same problem?

I'm having no issues with the 8. I'm using finger print and face detection. Maybe you should try the 8

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Fps has been really good for me, thought I would hate it but I find the placement very convenient. I think the 8 is perfect size for the fps, the plus not so much.

Kirk Maluo

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm using my Gear S3 watch to keep it unlocked. Walk away from the phone and it locks with a swipe pattern. Extremely convenient.

sillehrabbitz

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I just use a simple four digit pin. XD I'm keeping it simple. In the beginning of using the S7..I used the fingerprint sensor, but then I just resorted to my pin again since it is the easiest and fastest for me.

MACKSnare519

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
I mostly use the Iris scanner. It works almost as fast as the finger print scanner(FPS). I also have a pattern and the FPS set up as well. Having those 3 options kind of makes up for the poor placement of FPS.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I have the S8+ and I use the FPS. I find it easier to use then I thought it would be. I'm right handed and use it on my right hand.

The one area I was concerned about was while in the car dock. I'm using smart lock with my Bluetooth headset and so far working good. Was concerned because on the note 5 it didn't work very good.

ninjakel

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm using a combination of iris scanner and fps on the +. I'm not having any trouble with the fps, or is scanner seems to work best in a decently lit room, its a bit hit and miss at the moment for me.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Putting a case on it will help develop the muscle memory for the fps. I am still not convinced that biometric access can be tampered with but I might try the iris scanner as I would have to be present to unlock the device. Right now, I am using a PIN to unlock.

MalachyNG

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
On my s7edge I used smart lock with my fitbit charge HR but for some reason the s8 isn't recognizing it as a Bluetooth device to save as a trusted device. I paired with my car and I was able to use it as a trusted device. A bit disappointing since the iris scanner is meh and the finger print sensor is in a crappy spot