T-Mobile Galaxy S8 Textra Stopped Receiving Texts

Ventura726

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday I went ahead with the software update that was pushed and a couple hours later I discovered that none of my texts were coming thru on Textra. I went into the stock messaging app and I had a bunch of new texts. I tried everything I could think of from resyncing textra, uninstalling and installing again, and then finally did a full factory reset last night and I'm still not getting any of the new texts in the textra app. I've already reached out to them for help but don't have a solution yet. Anyone else experience this?

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I installed Textra yesterday and noticed it didn't have any texts past Tuesday.

It was the same with GoSMS and Google Messages.

Ventura726

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I installed Textra yesterday and noticed it didn't have any texts past Tuesday.

It was the same with GoSMS and Google Messages.

Do you have the newest software update installed? Textra was working fine from Monday until yesterday and I had received texts in Textra yesterday morning before I updated the software. I'm guessing something in the software push must've bricked 3rd party sms functionality.

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm on an AT&T S8+ and took the update yesterday. No problems with Textra at all. Have you tried clearing App Cache AND System? Cache?

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
I had a weird Textra issue yesterday. I had 9 text conversations but only 8 showed in my list. The 9th one wasn't getting notifications and the only way to see it was to start a new conversation with the person. It would then be visible.

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Do you have the newest software update installed? Textra was working fine from Monday until yesterday and I had received texts in Textra yesterday morning before I updated the software. I'm guessing something in the software push must've bricked 3rd party sms functionality.
Yeah installed the update before I tried the other sms apps. Couldn't say if it worked before the update since I didn't try.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Been running Textra before and after the software update. No issues so far.

Try clearing the cache or data on Textra to see if it helps.

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I stopped using Textra with my V20 on Tmobile because of the same problem. I was told it was the way Tmobile handled texts I guess. Not sure what the specifics were but that I just didn't work properly. I haven't tried in the s8 yet.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue. Once I restarted my phone everything went back to normal. It was only happening to one friend. She was getting all my text from textra, but I wasn't getting a her replies. All of them were going to the stock app. Once I rebooted all is well.

Ventura726

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I did try clearing the cache and it still didn't solve the problem. I deleted and reinstalled Textra a couple times and it still appeared to be having issues. When I would load Textra and the most recent threads it showed were from 2 days ago, while the stock app showed all the texts up to today. On a whim today, I set Textra as the default and sent texts to a few different people to see if I'd get their replies. All replies came back with no issue and it's been working fine ever since. Not sure what the issue was, which almost makes it more frustrating.

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if it was the cause, advance messages (RCS) is causing the issues:
504c403316a20ad146d9638034d30b0a.jpg
be69a1b2dc031e9f9f93a1420e0cb065.jpg

My case I think that's why I'm not seeing certain texts (they do show up as chat in stock)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech