Which processor?

bbogert79

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply. Is this the better one? I know my S7 had the exynos just wonder why they use two different ones.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
The Exynos is the better performer than the Snap Dragon. As for reason, Exynos did not support CDMA in past so Qualcomm for the US market and Exynos for the rest and I'll guess still the case.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Curious, where did you buy your S7 to have an Exynos?
May be he imported the international version, actually lots of places including best buy, Amazon etc were selling the international unlocked "F" models which had the exynos version.

thurask

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Curious, where did you buy your S7 to have an Exynos?

Everywhere other than the United States had the Exynos S7, even Canada. Only with the Note 7 onward did all of North America get the Snapdragon model.

Ok maybe I did have the snapdragon in my S7. I thought they had said the US version had exynos. I got mine from verizon.

If it's from Verizon it's very definitely a Snapdragon model.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok maybe I did have the snapdragon in my S7. I thought they had said the US version had exynos. I got mine from verizon.
Only S6 had exynos version in the US if I remember correctly, other than that pretty much every year it's the Snapdragon chips because of CDMA licensing with Qualcomm etc. There is a big legal battle going on with Apple and Qualcomm on how Qualcomm has unfair practices not licensing the CDMA patents in a fair way etc. Basically if you use their Snapdragon chips you will get a good deal.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I still have S6 Edge with Exynos on verizon, so 'lack of CDMA' version sounds a bit strange
It's not lack of CDMA, it's basically to do with licensing and money etc. It's not technical limitations it's just they have to license from Qualcomm and I believe they get a better deal using Snapdragon SOC. There are probably many discussions with more details about this issue, I'm too lazy to search 😁

thurask

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
How do you know which processor is in your phone?
Use something like CPU-Z.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...pps/details?id=com.cpuid.cpu_z&token=nK1V2eil

78bdf4d623163b6556c6b44e43be8815.jpg

Wizzy

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Only S6 had exynos version in the US if I remember correctly, other than that pretty much every year it's the Snapdragon chips because of CDMA licensing with Qualcomm etc. There is a big legal battle going on with Apple and Qualcomm on how Qualcomm has unfair practices not licensing the CDMA patents in a fair way etc. Basically if you use their Snapdragon chips you will get a good deal.

Huh? The S7 and S7 edge was all Exynos except for USA and Japan.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sams...n-820-vs-Exynos-8890-flavors-compared_id79141