received my S8+ very late on Wed, 4/19th, and today, Sat 4/22nd, it has rebooted many times!

i wasn't doing anything on it when it automatically self rebooted.

one clue is that some of the apps had updated automatically, but still, that should not automatically FORCE a reboot, right?

concerned!
    04-22-2017 03:53 PM
    No one else has this issue?
    04-22-2017 08:22 PM
    No this is not normal. Try a factory reset and if that doesn't work then get a replacement
    04-22-2017 08:25 PM
    Mine did it once...seened to freeze up on an app and reboot itself.
    04-22-2017 08:37 PM
    Also, there is the pop up notification that says: "Transfer files to SD card" but when i click the notification, there is no option for any type of action!
    furthermore, from time to time, i notice that if i go to check what's in the memory by going to:
    Gear Icon upper right corner / Device Maintenance / Storage
    momentarily, the SD card shows ZERO GB used!!
    but, it is only momentary and then it sort of re-populates.
    this doesn't sound good at all for a brand spanking new top-of-the-line phone!
    what is one to do?
    04-22-2017 08:45 PM
    I would back the phone up on a computer via smart switch and exchange it
    04-22-2017 09:41 PM
    Dualmonitors,

I am having the exact same problem. I've had my phone 3 days and it has been restarting on it's own all day today. I'm also having the same issue with the SD card notification. Really sucks for a brand new phone...I'm hoping this will just work itself out. Any ideas...Anyone...?
    04-22-2017 09:48 PM
    Dualmonitors,

I am having the exact same problem. I've had my phone 3 days and it has been restarting on it's own all day today. I'm also having the same issue with the SD card notification. Really sucks for a brand new phone...I'm hoping this will just work itself out. Any ideas...Anyone...?
    Do both of you have sd cards in your phone??
    04-22-2017 09:54 PM
    No issues so far for me... Verizon, with Samsung 256gb card. 50gb of apps loaded on internal with none on the sd card. Use the card for media.
    04-22-2017 10:27 PM
    Yes, I do. A Samsung 256GB Micro SD, formatted.
    04-22-2017 10:27 PM
    Mine has rebooted once. That was a few hours ago. It hasn't rebooted by itself since.
    Gsxr151 likes this.
    04-22-2017 10:32 PM
    Remove SD cards and see if it continues to reboot
    jjinal likes this.
    04-22-2017 10:44 PM
    My phone was doing it on day 2 a lot. I made a thread about it. But it has since stopped doing it on its own.
    04-22-2017 11:43 PM
    Mine did this twice today while I was at work. Didn't think much of it.

If it happens more frequently, I'll just do a reset.
    04-22-2017 11:47 PM
    Mine started freezing and rebooting on day 1. It will get worse, to the point were it will start boot looping. tried to do a hard reset, never even made it into the menu. got the "android is updating" and then it started looping a screen with the android robot and some command lines and just keep doing that. Contact Customer service for your carrier or visit their store. They should replace it with a brand new phone since we are all still within our two weeks. I'm with Sprint and they are shipping me a new one. (Oh and re-flashing the firmware will not help either. Me and the tech at Sprint re-flashed mine four times. all the same result.) (Also was NOT using an SD card)
    04-25-2017 06:56 AM
    Also, there is the pop up notification that says: "Transfer files to SD card" but when i click the notification, there is no option for any type of action!
    furthermore, from time to time, i notice that if i go to check what's in the memory by going to:
    Gear Icon upper right corner / Device Maintenance / Storage
    momentarily, the SD card shows ZERO GB used!!
    but, it is only momentary and then it sort of re-populates.
    this doesn't sound good at all for a brand spanking new top-of-the-line phone!
    what is one to do?
    I am having a similar problem with the SD card. I took it in yesterday. They scanned it and couldn't find anything wrong. They suggested trying a different SD card even though this was a brand new one. I tried that last night. I had one that was about 5 years old.... it didn't even recognize that one. So I tried the one I have in my previous phone. It recognized it, however it said 48GB out of 58GB available, when I tried to put some of the apps on it, it took a couple but then started saying not enough space.

So I am going to take it back and have them swap it out with a new one.
    04-25-2017 08:16 AM