How is the call quality?

mgloss

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
How is everyones call Quality? It seems like all of my phone calls are made from underwater! Both ends of a phone conversation can hear it. I am on Verizon.

Last edited:

Rumline

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
Re: call quality?

I have Verizon too. My wife complained about not being able to hear me super well. Her exact words were "your new phone sucks." Although I can always hear the other party fine, I guess I need to start asking if they can hear me ok.

elter

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site

I have Verizon too. My wife complained about not being able to hear me super well. Her exact words were "your new phone sucks." Although I can always hear the other party fine, I guess I need to start asking if they can hear me ok.

Keep in mind that s8 ships with VoLTE calling enabled by default now. It works amazing in most cases but it's a different network and coverage can be not as good as you used to on CDMA network. Ie, you may see connectivity issues where you previously had solid connection on CDMA network.

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site

Mine is just fine. Try with and without volte. If you get the same results regardless of network conditions your phone might have a bad microphone.

AnroidNicky

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site

On T-mobile with an S8 and have very poor sound quality with headset provided by Samsung. On my second headset pair and still not working very well. Everyone I call complains about the quality - they can't hear me clearly. Slightly better with another headset, but still not nearly as good as using the other older mobile phones in our family and to same numbers. Something seems wrong with headset and likely headset jack on this phone.

frellingfrakker

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

My S8+ has much better call quality than my old Note 4. Were you on wifi calling by any chance? That can really dampen the quality.

mgloss

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
My S8+ has much better call quality than my old Note 4. Were you on wifi calling by any chance? That can really dampen the quality.

It was on. Just turned it off. Fingers crossed it helps! I noticed by turning it off, I can no longer surf the net unless I am connected to wifi.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

How is everyones call Quality? It seems like all of my phone calls are made from underwater! Both ends of a phone conversation can hear it. I am on Verizon.

Reading this post jinxed my s8+
An hour after reading my wife called then asked if I was outside. I asked why and she said I sounded miles away. The call was awful (at her end anyway) as she kept saying "what?" and I had to repeat everything I said.
My phone is sim free so has no wifi calling or HD Voice over 4g or anything so I don't have any settings to change. I'm really hoping it's her iPhone or just the signal even though I was showing a great signal with 4g

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

The call quality for me is about average. No dropped calls, good volume, I hear them, they hear me...that's all I care about.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar