07-16-2017 10:05 PM
36 12
tools
    I've been having the exact same problems as you with my S8+ on Verizon. My old S7 Edge never had these problems. My wife has an S8+ as well, but isn't having these call quality problems like me. Everything else about the phone is working great, just wish someone could figure out what's going on & how to fix it.
    05-03-2017 10:19 AM
    I'm on Verizon, and I use the phone a lot for calls. I have no problems with the call quality at all. Sorry to hear others are having issues.
    05-03-2017 03:08 PM
    UPDATE: I've now returned 3 S8 devices. So painful.

I fell back to an S7 Edge. Ugh. Such a big step backwards. Not sure I'm going to keep it. Hoping to hear more on the call quality issue I experienced with all 3 S8 devices...

The store I took all 3 phones back to told me that they had just taken in several others citing the same issue as me. I'm surprised I don't see more people talking about this issue online!
    05-17-2017 03:44 PM
    AT&T here, it is nice and clear for both Wi-Fi calling and LTE.
    05-17-2017 06:02 PM
    UPDATE: I've now returned 3 S8 devices. So painful.

I fell back to an S7 Edge. Ugh. Such a big step backwards. Not sure I'm going to keep it. Hoping to hear more on the call quality issue I experienced with all 3 S8 devices...

The store I took all 3 phones back to told me that they had just taken in several others citing the same issue as me. I'm surprised I don't see more people talking about this issue online!
    On TMobile and waiting for a replacement S8

Calls have been spotty throughout the city with full bars. People complain that I sound robotic and choppy with periods of pause.

When I switch phone to 4G only, calls work without issues and no complaints. Voice does not come through crisp or HD quality. Throughput is crap since no LTE when in 4G mode.

This issue sucks since the main function for the phone is phone calls. Since I came from an iphone, I have noticed a decrease in call quality.
    06-14-2017 09:21 PM
    On TMobile and waiting for a replacement S8

Calls have been spotty throughout the city with full bars. People complain that I sound robotic and choppy with periods of pause.

When I switch phone to 4G only, calls work without issues and no complaints. Voice does not come through crisp or HD quality. Throughput is crap since no LTE when in 4G mode.

This issue sucks since the main function for the phone is phone calls. Since I came from an iphone, I have noticed a decrease in call quality.
    Very odd indeed. My friends on T-Mobile here have no issues. I'm on Verizon and can stream twitch while on a phone call without a hiccup.
    06-14-2017 09:24 PM
    Loud and clear here didn't hear a single complain from people i called.

I'd like to know those that say they sound like they're underwater did you drop your phone in water ? that could be a reason why ?
    06-16-2017 05:58 AM
    I had issues with audio in call cut off on both sides. I realized this is caused by volte. I live in a medium sized town and have spotty let coverage. As soon as I disabled volte calls improved tenfold.
    07-04-2017 10:28 AM
    AT&T here, excellent call quality, both LTE and WIFI. This phone, S8, has the best call quality I've ever had from a cell phone.
    07-06-2017 08:36 AM
    I have been noticing issues with mine too.. hopefully it's something a software update can fix
    07-06-2017 11:21 AM
    I really appreciate everyone's posts on this, I found it so helpful to try out all the suggestions and wanted to share what worked for me. I just purchased the S8+ and am on Verizon, which I've always thought had better quality sound and better footprint (at least for where I typically am) so I was very surprised when the phone quality was so poor but everything else worked well. The person on the line would cut in and out, and what I could hear was almost robotic/under water sounding. I tried adjusting several settings as recommended in these posts; turning off the VoLTE calling only made the sound quality worse and any other setting adjustments were ineffective. I took the phone back to Verizon to see if they were aware of anyone with the issue and had been able to correct it. They changed the SIM card and rebooted the network settings, and it's been AWESOME ever since! Hope this solution works for others, I was really getting worried that I'd have to try replacement phones or even get a different model completely, which would be terrible since it's such a great phone in so many ways. Thanks for all the feedback!
    07-16-2017 10:05 PM
36 12