AT&T Galaxy S8 Google Maps no Voice over BT

MisterEd

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I have a 2013 Toyota RAV4 and Google Maps spoken directions don't work unless I turn OFF BT on the S8+

S8+ Phone calls work fine over BT, Navigon works fine over BT, music works fine over BT but Google Maps spoken directions doesn't. If BT is ON on the phone I get no voice at all from Google maps even from the phone.

Turning off BT on the phone gets voice back through phone but of course I can no longer do HF phone calls or stream music.

Google maps work fine with my iPhone 7 and BT on the same vehicle just not with the S8+. I remember a similar issue for the 3 days I had a Note 7. What's up with Samsung BT? Am I missing a simple fix here?

AZwldcats

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Does yours have this:

Open on the Android smartphone the Google Maps app and then the settings by tapping at the top right on the symbol with the three bars and then on "Settings". Continue to "Navigation Settings. In this sub-menu of the Google Maps app you can now see the "Play voice over Bluetooth" option. Check if the checkbox is ticked. If not, then set the tick now. Then the voice of Google Maps should work on your car and the Bluetooth hands-free.

MisterEd

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Yea, been there, done that. :( Seems this has been a Google Maps issue for MANY years. Just found a 3yr long thread with people having the same issue on Google support. About 18 months ago Google wrote it's "a known issue" and they are working on it.

If I could leave BT turned on and stil be able to do HF calls I'd be OK but I have to turn BT off on the phone to even get the voice through the phone speaker. Every other app works fine. Had the same problem on my very short lived Galaxy Note 7. iPhones have always been fine with Google Maps.

Laineyc

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I have a 2010 Acura TSX and a Google Pixel. I can play audiobooks, Spotify, etc. on my phone and the sound comes out via the car's stereo speakers - no problems there. However, since the latest Pixel update, during navigation via Google Maps, the voice will not play through the car's speakers - only through the phone. I have checked "play voice over bluetooth" in the Maps settings and it refuses to work. Very distressing! Any fix for this yet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12