Galaxy S 8+ - clock removal on lock screen?

Hemiheet

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
Just got my Samsung Galaxy S 8+ today and I have been trying to remove the clock from the lock screen and there seems to be no options to do so. Plenty of clock faces to choose from but no choice for removal. Is it possible to remove?
Tia.

KING DAVID 7

Apr 24, 2017
Visit site
Just got my Samsung Galaxy S 8+ today and I have been trying to remove the clock from the lock screen and there seems to be no options to do so. Plenty of clock faces to choose from but no choice for removal. Is it possible to remove?
Tia.

I went through my phone for an HOUR to have those STUPID numbers removed... I even went to AT&T! Dude couldn't help me. He did say that someone will probably make an App for it, I hope so because those numbers are BUSTED, LOL!

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
My husband uses the AOD but when we do see the time on the lockscreen I hate the way the clock looks with the

I don't know how to change it to look like this 01:22 instead. There seems to be no settings for it.

Borarjti

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Why not change it to one of the pictures on the Samsung store? I have a skull and it changes the time to normal format such as 12:22pm.

marlin29311

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I think people aren't realizing the difference between the AOD clock and the lockscreen clock. The AOD clock can be changed to many different things, but the lockscreen clock (which is viewed when hitting the power button), cannot be currently changed without the help of re-theming the device.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I think people aren't realizing the difference between the AOD clock and the lockscreen clock. The AOD clock can be changed to many different things, but the lockscreen clock (which is viewed when hitting the power button), cannot be currently changed without the help of re-theming the device.

This. If you're talking about the AOD clock then sure you can turn it off. But the regular lock screen clock can't be. I mean what phone nowadays doesn't have a clock on the lock screen lol

If you can't find the settings for AOD just go to settings and search for Always On Display. Then make the changes you want, including turning it off. I have mine set to a schedule so it comes on at night as a bedside clock.

SpicyNuts

Apr 30, 2017
Visit site
My husband uses the AOD but when we do see the time on the lockscreen I hate the way the clock looks with the

I don't know how to change it to look like this 01:22 instead. There seems to be no settings for it.

Here's a workaround for change the way the clock looks.

http://smarturl.it/samsung-s8-clock-chg

• doesnt take long < 2 minutes
  • costs nothing,
  • does not revert back after notification or anything
  • does not use AOD Always on display

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Yes but this changes the theme what if I want to keep default screen, I actually don't think it's possible right now

Chesmer21

May 15, 2017
Visit site
I have a picture on my lock screen. Not the AOD screen but the next screen, the lock screen. And it has this stupid stacked clock. There is no way to remove that, so it is hard to show my picture when the clock is covering up someone's face. Anyhow, I figured out that if you hold your thumb on the screen after you turn it on, the clock will disappear. When you remove your thumb it comes back. However, you will be able to remove the clock to show your picture off. Simple fix until Samsung figures out to give us an option.

dwayne3686

Oct 16, 2017
Visit site
There has already been a post somewhere about the lame clock on the lock screen.
No one likes the look of the "square" clock Samsung!
Anyway. If you have some sort of notification then that clock will revert to a standard digital clock.
My weather wiget (I'm using 1Weather) always puts a weather notification on the lock screen so I always have the standard digital clock there as well.
Easiest way to do it without screwing up your themes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084