just recieved 2 x Samsung galaxy s8 plus. One for myself and one for wife. Very very disappointed in Samsung yet again for not keeping the display temperature consistent. Apple was notorious for cool and warm and yellow hues on their iPhones and looks like Samsung has joined that horrible club by using different companies to make the oled panels rather than doing it all in house. The result for a Consumer is different screen hues on exactly the same device. I will be returning both
    04-23-2017 04:00 AM
    My iPhones 4s and 5s have different display colour temperatures. Whether it's normal I don't know, but whatever the reason, it doesn't worry me.
    04-23-2017 05:11 AM
    Hello, Welcome to AndroidCentral.😃

There is no need to return the device. You can easily change the colour temperatures in the display settings.

There are 3 different sliders for the 3 primary colours which you can change to better suit your taste. There is also an update coming from Samsung to help users fix this issue which will give you more 'levels' of colour to choose from

https://www.google.co.za/amp/s/9to5g...libration/amp/
    04-23-2017 05:59 AM
    Hello, Welcome to AndroidCentral.😃

There is no need to return the device. You can easily change the colour temperatures in the display settings.

There are 3 different sliders for the 3 primary colours which you can change to better suit your taste. There is also an update coming from Samsung to help users fix this issue which will give you more 'levels' of colour to choose from

https://www.google.co.za/amp/s/9to5g...libration/amp/
    Good news, though I already adjusted it with the sliders.
    04-23-2017 06:03 AM
    just recieved 2 x Samsung galaxy s8 plus. One for myself and one for wife. Very very disappointed in Samsung yet again for not keeping the display temperature consistent. Apple was notorious for cool and warm and yellow hues on their iPhones and looks like Samsung has joined that horrible club by using different companies to make the oled panels rather than doing it all in house. The result for a Consumer is different screen hues on exactly the same device. I will be returning both
    Sounds like you need to buy a couple of iPhones.
    Viscomi4444 likes this.
    04-23-2017 08:31 AM
    04-23-2017 08:38 AM
    Samsung uses their own OLED panels only. The issue here is that they aren't necessarily individually calibrated.
    04-23-2017 08:41 AM
    I'm returning my S8 plus. It has pink along the edges and top of the screen. Can't see how a software update will fix this as it's only certain parts of the display that are affected. Waiting for a new device to be delivered and just hoping that one ain't affected as well.

Spoke to the customer service team for my network who were very helpful but I did pose the question of how many times could you exchange the device before finding one that is not affected?!!
    04-23-2017 08:56 AM
    Got my S8+ yesterday. It was too red and I adjust the color. Most part of the screen is ok but sides, top and bottom are still too red. And the angle of viewing is very very small.
    04-25-2017 08:40 PM
    I'm exchanging mine for the exact same reason. Top and bottom still show pink after adjusting the slider down. I've also had mine randomly shut off on me a few times during use (with plenty of battery left). It took the three button press to get it to fire back up again.

I also hate the fact that if I even tilt it slightly off angle, the whole display turns pink. It has horrid viewing angles.
    04-25-2017 09:05 PM
    [ATTACH]null[/ATTACH]
    See the difference between both the phones
    Attached Thumbnails Different hues on s8 plus screen :(-img_20170425_223024.jpg  
    04-26-2017 04:11 AM