This is weird.....can't find the weather widget when using Nova launcher on S8+...any ideas please? Thanks.
    04-23-2017 11:37 AM
    I use Yahoo weather. Great widget.
    04-23-2017 11:37 AM
    This is weird.....can't find the weather widget when using Nova launcher on S8+...any ideas please? Thanks.
    The weather widget is not available unless you use the default launcher, I tried using the Samsung UX just for that but the features on Nova are too good to not using them, so I just downloaded XWidget and Downloaded their online Galaxy S8 Weather Widget done by Jimking and it's basically the same, now I have the best of both worlds.
    vwite and co.ag.2005 like this.
    04-23-2017 11:51 AM
    I like Samsung S8 weather/clock widget but for some reason it does not show in "widgets" when using Nova launcher...
    04-23-2017 11:52 AM
    Thanks erasat...this is a good idea.
    04-23-2017 11:53 AM
    I prefer weather underground. Seems to have more useful data.
    04-23-2017 03:00 PM
    You can also use the weather widget in the Google search bar. First you need to enable 'labs' (open Nova settings and long press the volume down key). Then switch 'allow weather in search bar' on in Nova settings - labs.
    04-23-2017 04:14 PM
    It's not just that widget. Entire Samsung apps just don't show when using Nova. Very odd.
    04-23-2017 04:35 PM
    You can also use the weather widget in the Google search bar. First you need to enable 'labs' (open Nova settings and long press the volume down key). Then switch 'allow weather in search bar' on in Nova settings - labs.
    I used this method in my S6 and am continuing with the S8.

My screens look exactly the same on both phones. My wife asked me today, why would you get a new phone that looks exactly the same as your old one.... I didn't bother answering as she's an iPhone user and I felt the irony would me lost on her... Lol
    verks likes this.
    04-23-2017 04:38 PM
    Unbelievable! Wow, thanks!
    04-23-2017 10:37 PM
    The weather widget is not available unless you use the default launcher, I tried using the Samsung UX just for that but the features on Nova are too good to not using them, so I just downloaded XWidget and Downloaded their online Galaxy S8 Weather Widget done by Jimking and it's basically the same, now I have the best of both worlds.
    Thanks I was trying touchwiz launcher just because the widget didn't work with nova but installed nova prime as soon as I read your post. However, is anyone having issue with widget info dissapearing randomly? for example sometimes all I see is the arrow to refresh and the degrees symbol but I dont see the actual number of the temperature, refrehsing does nothing and the only solutions is to delete the widget and create it again
    04-24-2017 04:49 AM
    Another great tip...many thanks
    04-24-2017 05:52 AM
    Another great tip...many thanks
    04-24-2017 05:54 AM
    Hope Nova can sort out this problem for the other widgets
    04-24-2017 06:01 AM
    Yeah, unfortunately this is nothing new. Sammy has always made it so that their stock weather/clock widget is not available unless you use the stock launcher.
    04-24-2017 06:18 AM
    Thank you. Glad I found this when searching. I used a very old weatherbug apk that had a really nice 5 day weather widget. It doesn't seem to refresh correctly on the S8.
    Oh and this bixby bloatware has got to go. I don't know why these manufactures keep insisting on adding more junk. Package Disabler to the rescue again.
    Javier P likes this.
    04-24-2017 06:34 AM
    The developers are working on it.
    04-24-2017 06:50 AM
    It's not just that widget. Entire Samsung apps just don't show when using Nova. Very odd.
    Well, most of them, as the Calendar Widget is available, I'm using it.
    04-24-2017 08:19 AM
    Thanks I was trying touchwiz launcher just because the widget didn't work with nova but installed nova prime as soon as I read your post. However, is anyone having issue with widget info dissapearing randomly? for example sometimes all I see is the arrow to refresh and the degrees symbol but I dont see the actual number of the temperature, refrehsing does nothing and the only solutions is to delete the widget and create it again
    No, mine has been working great since installing it.

Try uninstalling Xwidget and reinstalling it (or simply go to App Settings and Clear its cache and data) and try re-downloading the widget I mentioned above and apply it, see if that works.
    04-24-2017 08:23 AM