04-29-2017 06:05 AM
35 12
tools
    I'm using the stock messaging app. Pretty much every stock. Haven't really jumped into anything yet. But I love this phone. In every way. So glad I ditched the iphone. Sold my 7plus yesterday. Not looking back at all. This phone is so much better. I finally feel like I have a modern phone instead of being stuck in the past with an ugly brick.
    JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    04-23-2017 06:27 PM
    Anyone living in a Apple ecosystem? Computer? Tablet?
    Yes pretty much have every Apple product but use zero of their services which helps me using multiple platforms seamlessly.
    JOHNGAETANO, queenren and libra89 like this.
    04-23-2017 06:29 PM
    I'm also always switching back and forth between the two. I recently came from a 7 plus and I miss airplay. I have an appletv in the car to mirror my GPS. I also have missed unlocking the phone. I feel like it was quicker and easier on the iPhone. I miss some other things but I do love this phone so far. Just gotta get everything​set and customized the way I like it.
    04-23-2017 06:45 PM
    I really wish there was a way to switch back and forth without sim swapping. I have a nearly new black iPhone 7+ just sitting on a shelf. If it were easier to switch I would do it more often.
    04-23-2017 07:33 PM
    Currently going through the dilemma of whether or not I should switch back to Iphone. After having the 6s plus for a year, I saw the s8 plus and instantly thought it could be the replacement. I preordered from tmobile, got it and have had it since 4/21/17.

I think tech wise the phone is leaps and bounds ahead of where Iphone is. On the other hand, the ecosystem experience and ios are still better, in my limited time with the phone.

Apps run smoother on the iphone, and I find that the S8 continuously reminds me about certain things like "listening to music at higher volumes can permanently damage your hearing" that should come up no more than one time, but it comes up almost daily.

Also, if you have other Apple products, it may further make your transition a bit difficult. I have an ipad and a Macbook Air and I miss being able to continue things across all 3. The phone has a 14 day return policy so I'm going to give it another half a week and if I find that I am not adjusting then I will likely return my phone and get the Iphone 7 plus.

Furthermore, the unlocking capabilities aren't as sound as the Iphone. I hate to say it but the face unlock does not work for me and the Iris scanning works but you need to hold the phone a certain length from your face and also a certain angle. In busy areas, trains, etc. I usually just type my pin in and unlock it that way.
    04-28-2017 01:47 PM
    Currently going through the dilemma of whether or not I should switch back to Iphone. After having the 6s plus for a year, I saw the s8 plus and instantly thought it could be the replacement. I preordered from tmobile, got it and have had it since 4/21/17.

I think tech wise the phone is leaps and bounds ahead of where Iphone is. On the other hand, the ecosystem experience and ios are still better, in my limited time with the phone.

Apps run smoother on the iphone, and I find that the S8 continuously reminds me about certain things like "listening to music at higher volumes can permanently damage your hearing" that should come up no more than one time, but it comes up almost daily.

Also, if you have other Apple products, it may further make your transition a bit difficult. I have an ipad and a Macbook Air and I miss being able to continue things across all 3. The phone has a 14 day return policy so I'm going to give it another half a week and if I find that I am not adjusting then I will likely return my phone and get the Iphone 7 plus.

Furthermore, the unlocking capabilities aren't as sound as the Iphone. I hate to say it but the face unlock does not work for me and the Iris scanning works but you need to hold the phone a certain length from your face and also a certain angle. In busy areas, trains, etc. I usually just type my pin in and unlock it that way.
    It's tough to decide between the S8+ and iPhone 7+. I have both and they are both at the top of their respective food chains. Currently using the Samsung but missing the iPhone every now and then. You always miss the one sitting on a shelf or in a drawer.
    04-28-2017 02:01 PM
    ********* I wish Apple would make iMessage for Android. It's literally the only thing I miss, but it's a doozy. I've missed out on many full resolution videos and group chats this week because I dropped off the iMessage landscape. And while I do go back and ask a person to send it to me using What'sApp, it's annoying to have to be "that guy."
    coolioe93 and JHStewart1023 like this.
    04-28-2017 02:10 PM
    I agree. I think right now a lot of Iphone users hold on to their iphones because imessage is so heavily used by many of their friends, family members, co workers. If android were somehow able to gain access to imessage, a bunch of iphone users would switch over.
    sangs likes this.
    04-28-2017 03:05 PM
    I have only a couple days in.
    I loved the note 7 and loving the S8+.
    I have figured almost everything that I needed to fully be up and running.
    I like the widgets, I like how samsung health is more interacting.

Smartswitch didn't work for me with cable and multiple failures but I rather start fresh anyways.

I like the smart unlock with the gear fit 2 that was sent wit the note 7.

I like that I can download files, music etc without needed a computer to do so. I still have the mac and ipad but for dialy usage the google ecosystem and android is better for me.

I signed up for the opinions and so far i made some money and likewise with samsung pay. Apple doesn't offer this and its more of "more money for apple" vs google and samsung give back.

I haven't used the phone to its potential as im still like the deer headlights, im struck by its beauty and smooth flow.

I haven't installed nova prime since im trying to get used to this and re-learn android.

Wireless charging and aod is great. I can keep on going.

tomorrow I will now try the AKG bluetooth and the following day the gear VR.

So far no regrets.

The only thing I'm wanting to do find a fix is auto backup my new photos on s8 to a specific folder in google drive.
    I tried IFTT but it wasn't working to what I wanted.
    04-28-2017 04:09 PM
    I agree. I think right now a lot of Iphone users hold on to their iphones because imessage is so heavily used by many of their friends, family members, co workers. If android were somehow able to gain access to imessage, a bunch of iphone users would switch over.
    I agree. When iMessage was announced I said "Why do we need another messaging app". Now I know.
    04-29-2017 06:05 AM
35 12