118 1234 ...
tools
    At the mall
    04-23-2017 02:26 PM
    Tulips @ beautiful Pacific Northwest
    04-23-2017 02:29 PM
    Florida?
    04-23-2017 02:29 PM
    Tulips @ beautiful Pacific Northwesthttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...fcde7fc1a1.jpg
    I live there too.... Gorgeous
    bhatech likes this.
    04-23-2017 02:30 PM
    Florida?
    Yup yup... Tampa area.
    04-23-2017 02:33 PM
    I love this camera.
    04-23-2017 02:42 PM
    This camera sucks, the ear buds suck, my screen is red, and the phone is too damn tall....

JK! I love my S8+ so far.
    20blks, ScottsoNJ, Soggly and 3 others like this.
    04-23-2017 03:39 PM

Here is s8 Vs G6 Vs pixel camera
    04-23-2017 08:02 PM
    You don't even know what the note 8 will have as far as display and camera. There's really no point in a 4k display...
    Sure there is. When you use a phone for VR, and it's 1" from your eye balls, 4K would be nice to have
    04-23-2017 08:13 PM
    Looks like the problem (other than the low resolution) is what the camera was focusing on. It appears that the cart is in focus. You can select what you want the camera to focus on by taping the screen otherwise its going to guess what should be in focus a day I believe it will probably give priority to the center of the frame. In this case it found a lot of contrast in the black cart pattern and probably thought it nailed it. As others have mentioned, that is not good lighting. Indoor professional sporting venues still tax high dollar cameras and the interior of a store is no where near that good.

Due to the low lighting, the camera has to decide to lower the apperature, slow the shutter speed, or raise the iso. Most likely it was some combination of those. It was probably shot with the apperature wide open which allows the most light to enter the sensor, but creates a very shallow depth of field for focusing. This means that what the camera is focusing on is in focus but millimeters in front of or behind the focal plane falls sharply out of focus. You have three subjects in three different focal planes (child in cart, the cart, and the child standing in front) impossible in these conditions to get them all in sharp focus without a ton of noise from raising the iso or blur from lowering the shutter speed.

The shutter speed also wasn't the fastest and any camera shake from your hands will reduce sharpness. It is very hard to hold a light weight item very still especially with the awkward placement of your hands around the outside of the screen.

In these conditions my $6k DSLR and lens combo wouldn't have faired much better. It's just a bad combination of lighting and surroundings to make a picture that will pop and impress someone.
    bigoldthor likes this.
    04-23-2017 08:51 PM
    S8+ compared to Pixel XL: Photo Compare Tool - GSMArena.com

Use your mouse to select part of the image on the left (or another test pattern) and see the enlarged results in the two panes on the right - Pixel XL on top, S8+ below.
    04-24-2017 07:32 AM
    Coming from an iPhone 7 Plus I think the camera is a bit behind, but it is still a great smartphone camera. Good for easy point and shoot and has a ton of extra modes. My daughter, who is 2.5, loves the SnapChat like filters included in the main camera app. It's a nice touch by Sammy and I commend them for it. I also like the quick launch which the iPhone has never had. I cannot tell you how many shots I have missed because the swipe up or swipe right on the iPhone would not swipe in time. Plus, Bixby has been used in a couple of scenarios in the camera and I have only had the phone 2 days. That being said, I will still reach for my wife's iPhone 7 Plus when taking pictures.
    dov1978 likes this.
    04-24-2017 07:46 AM
    Coming from an iPhone 7 Plus I think the camera is a bit behind, but it is still a great smartphone camera. Good for easy point and shoot and has a ton of extra modes. My daughter, who is 2.5, loves the SnapChat like filters included in the main camera app. It's a nice touch by Sammy and I commend them for it. I also like the quick launch which the iPhone has never had. I cannot tell you how many shots I have missed because the swipe up or swipe right on the iPhone would not swipe in time. Plus, Bixby has been used in a couple of scenarios in the camera and I have only had the phone 2 days. That being said, I will still reach for my wife's iPhone 7 Plus when taking pictures.
    This matches my opinion exactly.
    I still grab my wife's iPhone 7 plus to get nice Portrait Mode shots of the kids etc. I think the 7 plus cameras can turn normally average shots into really nice ones
    04-24-2017 07:57 AM
    This matches my opinion exactly.
    YOu reach for his wife's iPhone 7 too?? Well that is kinky.
    dov1978 likes this.
    04-24-2017 08:01 AM
    @osolot729,

The one thing that has happened on a couple Samsung device my sister has owned is that the megapixel count was lowered in the setting by default and you have to physically increase it Just make sure it is on 12mp and not 8mp or lower.

Also, ensure the camera glass cover is clean with no grease on it. Obviously this can make a big difference.

The only option for an improved camera would be the Google Pixel or maybe the Blackberry KEYone (use the same sensor) Hopefully future photos turn out better. Don't lose hope to quickly!
    04-24-2017 08:06 AM
    I took this to check out the colors on the camera and I think it's really a pretty good Camera.
    Attached Thumbnails Disappointed with the S8 camera-10937.jpg  
    04-24-2017 09:11 AM
    Okay, here are two pictures taken yesterday at Antelope Valley Poppy Reserve in Lancaster, CA.

S8, no edits

Pixel, no edits
    04-24-2017 11:25 AM
    Both very good cameras
    04-24-2017 11:32 AM
    There is always movement. I would love to see you stand perfectly still without moving or breathing. If you are that worried, switch your Samsung into sport mode, which will increase the shutter speed making any kind of movement very hard to see.
    04-24-2017 11:33 AM
    The camera is good, but not mind blowing. It uses the same sensors as the S7, which had a very good camera. Sammy focuses on ultra fast and clear pictures. If you want better color, you should use the manual mode settings.
    I think that the camera is good but I agree that it's not mind blowing.
    04-24-2017 12:32 PM
    Okay, here are two pictures taken yesterday at Antelope Valley Poppy Reserve in Lancaster, CA.

S8, no edits

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...bc5a957c77.jpg

Pixel, no edits
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...cbed263d56.jpg
    I love this.
    worldspy99 likes this.
    04-24-2017 01:17 PM
    In regards to camera... Remember this: lighting matters...Subject matters and the person taking the picture matters...Even with dslr...There's a lot to consider...In this society we want instant everything and yeah pictures should be instantly great but unless the sun is out and the sky is blue...There will be variables.
    04-24-2017 01:17 PM

S8, no edits

Pixel, no edits
    Looks kinda washed out, return the phone and buy a good Sony camera with WiFi for about the same cost
    04-24-2017 02:57 PM
    Looks kinda washed out, return the phone and buy a good Sony camera with WiFi for about the same cost
    Tapatalk compresses the pictures. I have SLR pictures as well and they looked more washed out in the sunlight than the 2 smartphones.
    04-24-2017 03:00 PM

S8, no edits

Pixel, no edits
    I kind of see the Pixel over-saturating the pic. I see more variations of color (esp. orange and yellow) in the top pic. Yellow is 'almost' missing from the bottom pic. The bottom one does look more vivbrant/vivid but most likely due to over saturation.

Which picture was closest to the real thing is what I want to know?
    04-24-2017 03:20 PM
118 1234 ...