09-14-2017 08:53 PM
118 ... 2345
tools
    Hey BTC, I pretty much understand your view on it and I pretty much agree for a $900 phone... Just wondering what phone you are falling back on in the meantime and what you're going to wait for coming up.
    Hey Don!

Funny you should ask : ) my "still pristine" S6Edge Plus.... With its 4GB Ram and other cutting edge features is still doing right by me, hands down making it my most favorite-est Sammy phone to date, wait, make that my most favorite-est phone EVER : ) Call me crazy, but i prefer a 16 MP camera on a phone and S6E+ can still provide a fantastic camera phone experience.

BUT, since i decided to let the S8+ go back, kinda had that "i want a new phone" feeling & i was in Best Buy and happened to spot a real deal on an UNLOCKED ZTE Axon 7 Mini .... its speakers are "out of this world" (2daks - whatever that means : ) and with T-Mobile's Digits out of Beta now, am able to have my ONE telephone # on it (whenever its on a wifi connection which is approx 100% of the time : ) and with its almost deafening distortion-free sound, super sleek all metal body, amazing oleophobic coating, good camera, 1080p screen, running nougat all for $179.00 (sale price from $299.00) so it has become an amazing companion for S6E+.

Its funny, becuz every single time i pick up the little guy to use it, the feel in hand, super sharp smudge free screen LOUD response it provides, i'm like, "just $179.00 for YOU?! Unbelievable! Talk about value" : )

Disappointed with the S8 camera-axon-7-mini-stand.jpg

BTC
    donm527 likes this.
    04-25-2017 05:48 AM
    Thanks for explaining. I better understand where you're coming from now.
    Hey Johnny! Good to hear (see : )
    04-25-2017 05:51 AM
    Hey Don!

Funny you should ask : ) my "still pristine" S6Edge Plus.... With its 4GB Ram and other cutting edge features is still doing right by me, hands down making it my most favorite-est Sammy phone to date, wait, make that my most favorite-est phone EVER : ) Call me crazy, but i prefer a 16 MP camera on a phone and S6E+ can still provide a fantastic camera phone experience.

BUT, since i decided to let the S8+ go back, kinda had that "i want a new phone" feeling & i was in Best Buy and happened to spot a real deal on an UNLOCKED ZTE Axon 7 Mini .... its speakers are "out of this world" (2daks - whatever that means : ) and with T-Mobile's Digits out of Beta now, am able to have my ONE telephone # on it (whenever its on a wifi connection which is approx 100% of the time : ) and with its almost deafening distortion-free sound, super sleek all metal body, amazing oleophobic coating, good camera, 1080p screen, running nougat all for $179.00 (sale price from $299.00) so it has become an amazing companion for S6E+.

Its funny, becuz every single time i pick up the little guy to use it, the feel in hand, super sharp smudge free screen LOUD response it provides, i'm like, "just $179.00 for YOU?! Unbelievable! Talk about value" : )

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Axon 7 mini on stand.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	482.5 KB 
ID:	258082

BTC
    Yeah axon 7 and mini are great devices at great price
    I sold my s7 edge for Axon 7 limited edition 128gb with 6gb ram
    The phone is soo awesome... Love the speakers built quality and so on
    When using phone on speaker phone I can hear Crystal clear... It would be difficult to switch back to normal phone with no stereo speakers
    I have just ordered G6 which will be my 2nd phone as of now
    BOSSY TEXAS CHICK likes this.
    04-25-2017 09:33 AM
    Now, not having one to take some test pics myself, I'll just comment in general. The way I see it... when you look at the top phone cameras, they have sort of passed a threshold where the skill of the operator is far more important than the capabilities of the camera itself. Light, exposure, focus point and subject matter. You can have a $30K Hasselblad in your hands and if you don't pay attention on those, you can still take pics that come out like dogpoo.

One thing that most sticks out from what I've seen with the S8 pics I've seen is that Samsung dialed back the processing, thank god. My wife has (well, had, its getting traded in) a S7 Edge and that thing absolutely bludgeons color and fine detail in even slightly less than optimal lighting. S7 pics look great on the phone or stuffed in a little social post, but things look artificial when full screened or printed. If Sammy fixed that... yip to the ee...

I still went with another phone in the end (G6) but better anything is always good.
    Mr_Spencer likes this.
    04-25-2017 01:07 PM
    04-25-2017 03:55 PM
    night shot. Shutter of 1/6s and 1250iso. Considering the iso is cranked I'm actually surprised at how well it turned out. And the ois is pretty darn good. Shot was hand held and I had no issue getting blur free images. Even down to 1/3s shutter.
    artrinadf likes this.
    04-26-2017 10:47 AM
    Are there any quick tutorials on using pro mode? I've messed around with it, but would like to know exactly what I'm doing to get the best possible shots.
    04-26-2017 10:58 AM
    The options in pro mode correspond to those on a DSLR, so knowing a bit about photography (expo, shutter speed, etx.) helps.
    04-26-2017 11:00 AM
    That's my issue. My experience with cameras is basically auto mode on phones and point and shoot cameras. I keep telling myself I'll just play around and figure it out. Once I go in pro mode it's a bit overwhelming.
    04-26-2017 11:05 AM
    I'm very pleased with my camera experience on the S8+. I feel it's hard to say why one wins over another with the modern phones lately. A couple years ago the quality differences between phones was so obvious to crown a king was pretty easy to accomplish. Now it's more defining what device works the best for your methods. We have true versatility and choice and you can't really go wrong with any of the premier devices. We live in an awesome time for technology.
    04-26-2017 11:38 AM
    almost same shot but day. Image definition and color are excellent.
    04-26-2017 11:55 AM
    If you're buying a phone for the camera them maybe buy Sony.
    04-26-2017 12:41 PM
    That's my issue. My experience with cameras is basically auto mode on phones and point and shoot cameras. I keep telling myself I'll just play around and figure it out. Once I go in pro mode it's a bit overwhelming.
    There's a bunch of apps in the Playstore that will learn ya the tips and tricks of photography.
    04-26-2017 12:42 PM
    Also you can check out youtube.
    04-26-2017 12:45 PM
    8+ camera rocks and all reviews so far concur. Presuming same camera as S8, seems something amuck with the OPs device.
    04-26-2017 12:46 PM
    8+ camera rocks and all reviews so far concur. Presuming same camera as S8, seems something amuck with the OPs device.
    Read the camera comparison on the Verge that was posted today. The S8 is good, but definitely not the best.
    04-26-2017 01:54 PM
    Read the camera comparison on the Verge that was posted today. The S8 is good, but definitely not the best.
    What is the best? Pixel? I had one and it was defective!
    04-26-2017 02:05 PM
    http://www.theverge.com/tech/2017/4/...le-pixel-lg-g6

04-26-2017 02:10 PM
    What is the best? Pixel? I had one and it was defective!
    And plenty have returned defective S8s already.. and G6's, and iPhones, etc. Defective units aside, more often than not, the Pixel usually wins these comparisons.

Is the S8 the best camera on the market? Maybe, maybe not... but regardless of where it drops on whatever arbitrary rankings get published, it has an excellent camera.
    04-26-2017 03:21 PM
    They're all mostly good now, whereas Samsung and Sony used to lead the industry. It's all very subjective now. Why should I take one publication's word over another which states the complete opposite? Trust your own eyes and get the best for yourself!
    04-26-2017 03:30 PM
    All those phones have good cameras and the difference is mostly subjective and depends on how you are going to use the phone mostly.

EDIT: we must have been typing at the same time Johnny!! LOL
    04-26-2017 03:31 PM
    MKHD's video is the best way to tell what phone camera you would like best.
    04-26-2017 03:32 PM
    And plenty have returned defective S8s already.. and G6's, and iPhones, etc. Defective units aside, more often than not, the Pixel usually wins these comparisons.

Is the S8 the best camera on the market? Maybe, maybe not... but regardless of where it drops on whatever arbitrary rankings get published, it has an excellent camera.
    I havent used it myself, but from reviews the pixel camera app is Spartan at best. Great for just snapping photos, but lacking if you want to do more. Coming from my V10, even the S8 plus seems a little lacking to me for options but I'll live with it as camera is excellent. Going to something even more simplified would aggravate me. My phone takes better pictures overall, but after playing around with camera app on my wife's V20, I am a little jealous. I'll take subjectively "worse" images in exchange for more robust shooting options. Especially when differences between pixel and S8 are small at best.
    04-26-2017 03:34 PM
    Guys watch this video also G6 Vs S8 Vs pixel camera shoot out
    04-26-2017 05:21 PM
    Someone on reddit took some photos with his S8 during a weekend trip. Here is the gallery:https://imgur.com/gallery/YR8vu
    04-26-2017 05:46 PM
118 ... 2345