s8 and nougat heads up notifications

widget2k13

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
same as the issue i had on the s7 , can't stop the preview on the home screen when you get a whatsapp etc.
there was a fix on the s7 that worked perfect but since getting the s8 im back to square one as the fix for the s7 doesnt work on the s8 :(
why can samsung not just leave the option in to hide the popup and leave the sound/vibration on ? they did it all the way through up to nougat

widget2k13

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
No not on the lock screen on the main home screen, when you get a message or WhatsApp etc it shows a notification on top of screen with the message so everyone can see your private messages if your phones unlocked or as mine is always in a phone holder in the car, you used to be able to turn this off up until they released nouget on the s7

cedjunior

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Ah. I hadn't noticed that because I use a lock screen, but I got a message earlier and sure enough it showed up at the top of the home screen. I don't know about whatsapp, but I disabled it in the stock messaging app by going to Message Settings>Notifications and disabled Pop-up display and Preview message.

widget2k13

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
If I disable pop up display the only option is to to stop all, so no pop up no alert no sound and no vibration, you have to have everything or nothing, they did the same on s7 it's ridiculous but some clever person found a way around it with a adb program but it doesn't work on s8

widget2k13

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
Am I the only one that has this annoying problem? It's making me want to send my phone back, you can't have any privacy while your phones on, that is so wrong, what are Samsung thinking about surely people don't want other people seeing their messages all the time?

mundo472

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Am I the only one that has this annoying problem? It's making me want to send my phone back, you can't have any privacy while your phones on, that is so wrong, what are Samsung thinking about surely people don't want other people seeing their messages all the time?

No, you aren't. And it's very frustrating. May do a video call to support later to figure out how to customize notifications for apps (like having just a notification in hub but not a pop-up) as well as for specific contacts.

stascha

Apr 27, 2017
Visit site
same issues with my S8 - really anoying. if this cannot be solved i'll switch back to my Huawei Mate 9 as there are much more possibilities about the notification
detail-4-5-2.jpg

widget2k13

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
That's what it should be like on this, don't know why they can't of just included an option to turn off notification heads up or at least to hide the content but still let you know you have a message, can't have my phone unlocked lying around or in my car controlling my music now otherwise anyone can see my messages, absolutely crazy

Beulahaso

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
You can actually hide the notification but you have to select one by one on the application you want hidden like Skype , emails, text messages, whatsapp etc. Go to settings then notification choose advanced. Here you have a list of the application you want to hide. I hope this helps.

widget2k13

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
yes you can hide them but you dont get any notification at all, i want to get notification just not splashed on the top of my screen showing my private messages to anyone who may be looking at my phone at the time :(
it makes you paranoid to show anyone anything on your phone like photos etc because if a message comes through etc they can read it, its a stupid crazy idea and one i really dont like and can see me getting rid of the phone if there is no way to fix it

widget2k13

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
No, you aren't. And it's very frustrating. May do a video call to support later to figure out how to customize notifications for apps (like having just a notification in hub but not a pop-up) as well as for specific contacts.

did you get anywhere with this with samsung ?

NickPatong

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
omg I thought i was the only one who can't deactivate this stupid notification, it's very annoying .. not only because ppl next to you can read your messages but the popup always show up where i have to click something and i have to wait when gone , really really really frustrating.. io hope someone can find a solution or samsung will add an option on the next bugfix update

widget2k13

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
Never made the call but noticed the "block notifications" button at bottom of the notification pull-down which seems to allow individual app block

thats ok and fine if you dont want a notification at all from the app but thats not what i need, i still want the notification but just with some privacy :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital