Tried Zagg Glass and it's a no go.

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Just a heads up for those looking for a tempered glass that's not an Amazon item on the cheap.

I had went to BB to get the Zagg HD since Zagg's site says the glass is not available yet, however, when I walked into BB they had a stack of the curved glass protectors.

Long story short, numerous dead spots rendered the screen unresponsive which made for an extremely annoying user experience.

I should also note the thin silicon glue that borders the glass screen protector just looked bad on the all clear protector.

For $49 I would expect better, I returned it and had to go with the HD film, I dislike films but it's just the way it goes with these gurves glass screens.

Overall if you must have glass , get one of the $10 ones off Amazon.

Cheers

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I have this one and it works fine for me. It gets smudged really easily, but other than that I don't have any of your issues.

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I had the same bad experience with Zagg glass. The guy at the Zagg store explained that on the curved displays, the screen protector only attaches at the edges, so you can get dead spots.

I had one on for about four hours, then I took it back to the Zagg store and had them install a plastic one. It works fine.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I have the Zagg glass curve and while I agree it's not perfect, at least it offers protection and is usable. In the long run I may rip it off because I agree that touch sensitivity is an issue.

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I picked up the Verizon one for my + last night expecting the worst. I have been pleasantly surprised....They put it on for me and it works great. Only complaint is it has a glare in direct sunlight that isn't there without the screen protector.

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I am having no sensitivity problems at all, but, there was a YouTube video where the person had massive issues and there were comments from lots of others with similar problems. Apparently Zagg has sold a lot of duds.

GoldlexusAN

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I had the Zagg glass on for 3 days. I really wanted it to work for me and try to adapt to the lack of response by adjusting how hard I tap or swiped the screen. Couldn't deal with it. Also the thickness of the glass left the cut out at the top really annoying and got in the way of pulling down the notification shade. Don't get me started on the adhesive along the edges. Very distracting!

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I also returned my Zagg curved glass screen protector. I had the same issues--areas of low touch responsiveness. It's a worthless screen protector. Don't waste $50 on it.

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Thing is there are YouTube videos showing some like gpel and a I there that are getting very good reviews and those cost $10, I really wanted the zagg to work since inuse this on every phone I get when possible and have no issue spending the higher dollar amount for the name brand bit in this case it just didn't work for me, various areas especially on the edges were dead and pulling the notification shade was like a one in ten try kinda thing it felt like I rendered my phone useless.

I am happy to hear that others are faring better though.