As the title says on my S8+ I played some music via Play Music. Now the last song I played keeps on appearing on the AOD display no matter what I do. I have ended play music and restarted my phone and it still appears on AOD.

I have googled it and seen that it is a known problem but nothing I try to get rid of it works. It might disappear for a while and then it reappears.

Anybody had this problem and then fixed it?
    04-23-2017 05:07 PM
    Encountered the same issue. I am guessing that if enough people complain, it may be fixed in a future update.
    04-23-2017 05:24 PM
    Google Play Music, which I love, can be annoying that way. Since Nougat, even on my previous 7edge, it'd just show up in the list of open apps for no reason—even when I hadn't used it in days. Constantly had to be force closing it. I'm noticing the same problem you're having with my S8+.
    04-23-2017 05:58 PM
    Yes, this is annoying as hell. I listened to Slacker on my phone and I always listen to a comedy station. The last bit I listened to was titled "I love..." the last part of the title is referencing part of a woman's body. So I'm like great, now this crazy title keeps popping up on my AOD. I had to let something else play to at least change it to something less embarrassing.
    04-23-2017 06:56 PM
    As the title says on my S8+ I played some music via Play Music. Now the last song I played keeps on appearing on the AOD display no matter what I do. I have ended play music and restarted my phone and it still appears on AOD.

I have googled it and seen that it is a known problem but nothing I try to get rid of it works. It might disappear for a while and then it reappears.

Anybody had this problem and then fixed it?
    It can be hidden. Go to Settings > Lock Screen and Security > Information and Face Widgets > Face Widgets. Toggle off the music controller. Easy peasy.
    Rumline likes this.
    04-24-2017 12:07 AM
    It can be hidden. Go to Settings > Lock Screen and Security > Information and Face Widgets > Face Widgets. Toggle off the music controller. Easy peasy.
    Ok. I've done this and it's gone. Does this mean it's permanently gone now?
    04-24-2017 10:27 AM
    Ok. I've done this and it's gone. Does this mean it's permanently gone now?
    No. You can toggle it on again whenever you wish.
    04-24-2017 10:30 AM
    Thanks very much for the tip. I changed it to show the next alarm and schedule.
    04-24-2017 07:15 PM
    Thanks very much for the tip. I changed it to show the next alarm and schedule.
    Great.

Some of the string locations aren't exactly intuitive -- we'll be finding little things for months.
    04-24-2017 07:18 PM