07-03-2017 12:50 AM
186 1234 ...
tools
    No lag here either and I'm very sensitive to it as well. My S7 Edge was extremely laggy. Haven't seen a single hiccup yet. This phone feels like it's actually optimized for once.
    Nostromo79 and Viscomi4444 like this.
    04-25-2017 01:12 AM
    I haven't noticed much lag. Every now and then maybe in an app.

Feels just as smooth as my iPhone 7 which started acting up recently.
    Viscomi4444 likes this.
    04-25-2017 03:09 AM
    Five days into the S8+ experience it's been trouble free, cool running/charging and the fastest device I've owned in the smartphone era. Not gloating but all is as it should be. This would seem to bode well for the Note 8.
    Viscomi4444 likes this.
    04-25-2017 04:00 PM
    No lag here either and I'm very sensitive to it as well. My S7 Edge was extremely laggy. Haven't seen a single hiccup yet. This phone feels like it's actually optimized for once.
    Agreed; right out of the box.
    04-25-2017 04:01 PM
    Very fast phone. Much faster than S7 edge
    04-25-2017 04:10 PM
    For sure my Pixel XL is smoother than my S8+. When I open and close the camera there is like a 1-3 second delay.
    04-25-2017 05:26 PM
    I have the S8+ and iPhone 7+. The S8+ is faster than the iPhone. I've tested them side by side several times. The S8 kills the 7+.
    kevinpleasants and Alan Sims like this.
    04-25-2017 05:46 PM
    I'm getting rather irked today. My S8+ has been smooth with no lag...Until today. Now I'm pressing the home button...And it doesn't even recognize the touch for a full second or two...Then I get the haptic feedback and visible screen touch.

Additionally...When unlocking the phone...The screen won't recognize any touches for a few seconds at all. It's inconsistent...and very annoying.

I have minimal apps download and bloatware disabled. What in the world!?
    04-25-2017 10:44 PM
    I was having lag issues the first couple days, so I started saying with the settings. I unlocked developer settings and changed animations to .5 and tried that for a day or two, but it just made things worse: the software started having glitches and dropped frames so everything looked janky. Eventually I ended up changing it back and the phone got better. I also changed the screen resolution back and forth between FHD and QHD, and I eventually settled in FHD. I have great eyesight and normally can tell the difference ​between the sharpness of displays, but honestly I haven't missed QHD and like some others have mentioned there seems to be a correlation between FHD and smoother performance. One app that seemed to have performance problems was Facebook: every time I clicked on an "instant article" it would struggle loading and drop frames, resulting in janky performance.

I was really down on the S8 for a few days because of these problems, but ever since then the phone seems to have adjusted and figured things out. It's running uch smoother now and noticably faster as well. In fsct, this is probably the fastest Samsung I've ever owned, and by a large margin. And I'm one of those people that are overly sensitive to lag and jitters, which is why Samsung phones have always disappointed me. But for now the S8 seems to have recovered and sorted itself out.
    shantheman73 likes this.
    04-25-2017 11:04 PM
    I was having lag issues the first couple days, so I started saying with the settings. I unlocked developer settings and changed animations to .5 and tried that for a day or two, but it just made things worse: the software started having glitches and dropped frames so everything looked janky. Eventually I ended up changing it back and the phone got better. I also changed the screen resolution back and forth between FHD and QHD, and I eventually settled in FHD. I have great eyesight and normally can tell the difference ​between the sharpness of displays, but honestly I haven't missed QHD and like some others have mentioned there seems to be a correlation between FHD and smoother performance. One app that seemed to have performance problems was Facebook: every time I clicked on an "instant article" it would struggle loading and drop frames, resulting in janky performance.

I was really down on the S8 for a few days because of these problems, but ever since then the phone seems to have adjusted and figured things out. It's running uch smoother now and noticably faster as well. In fsct, this is probably the fastest Samsung I've ever owned, and by a large margin. And I'm one of those people that are overly sensitive to lag and jitters, which is why Samsung phones have always disappointed me. But for now the S8 seems to have recovered and sorted itself out.
    I just changed the animations back to 1.0x. I also force stopped Facebook to see if that makes a difference. (I also wiped the cache partition too.) So far it's been a little bit more responsive. What IRKS me though is here I am having to force stop apps like Facebook on a $850 smartphone.
    lrrowley and sangs like this.
    04-25-2017 11:56 PM
    I have the S8+ and iPhone 7+. The S8+ is faster than the iPhone. I've tested them side by side several times. The S8 kills the 7+.
    I call bull. Most speed tests disprove that claim. iOS is still much better optimized than Android.
    lrrowley, freddyttt and 7AndTRT like this.
    04-26-2017 12:29 AM
    I call bull. Most speed tests disprove that claim. iOS is still much better optimized than Android.
    So do I. Have them both here and the iPhone, as much as I dislike iOS, is much faster.
    lrrowley and freddyttt like this.
    04-26-2017 12:34 AM
    So do I. Have them both here and the iPhone, as much as I dislike iOS, is much faster.
    It really varies. My iPhone 7 has been acting up. But really, how hard is it to optimize ios? There's not a lot going on there.
    04-26-2017 01:23 AM
    It really varies. My iPhone 7 has been acting up. But really, how hard is it to optimize ios? There's not a lot going on there.
    Yeah, anyone that says an iPhone does have of what this phone does is nuts. It's apples and oranges. Samsung did a hell of an optimization job on this 835 chip.
    Nostromo79 and jjinal like this.
    04-26-2017 01:32 AM
    Call whatever you like. I have both phones side by side. The Samsung opens apps faster and transitions between screens faster.
    04-26-2017 07:07 AM
    My main test is how it'll be behave few months down the line, if it performs like the way it does now then I have nothing to complain given how feature rich this phone is.
    I cannot agree with you more here! Exactly how I'd feel if I bought one.
    bhatech likes this.
    04-26-2017 07:28 AM
    Call whatever you like. I have both phones side by side. The Samsung opens apps faster and transitions between screens faster.
    That's true because iOS has more sweeping style animations. Go through your first fifteen apps and leave them running. Then tell me which ones the iPhone still has up and running and how many the S8 has running. Animation speed doesn't equal speed. Memory management does.
    04-26-2017 07:37 AM
    That's true because iOS has more sweeping style animations. Go through your first fifteen apps and leave them running. Then tell me which ones the iPhone still has up and running and how many the S8 has running. Animation speed doesn't equal speed. Memory management does.
    So speed isn't speed, memory management is speed. Ok.
    04-26-2017 08:50 AM
    Correct. The GUI is only half the equation. If your apps open up quick, but load slow then the iPhone can open a wi doe slower but load faster. Basically, just because an app opens quickly doesn't mean your data and progress on say a game, will be open if you multitask and come back to it ten minutes later.
    04-26-2017 09:37 AM
    Most likely returning mine. S8+ is the probably the smoothest android phone I've used but it's a shame my 2 year old iPhone 6S Plus is smoother. Clash Royale on the S8+ drops a tremendous amount of frames. There's also a noticeable lag in scrolling compared to iOS. I was going to keep the S8+ or get the iPhone 8. Considering the S8+ can't out perform my 2 year old iPhone I think I'm gonna return the S8+ and get the iPhone 8 this fall..
    04-26-2017 09:44 AM
    Let me put it this way. The goal of a race isn't to start the fastest. Its to finish fastest.
    04-26-2017 09:51 AM
    I have a S8+ as my personal phone and an iPhone 7 for work. Both are great phones and both are fast and smooth. If you have either and they are laggy then something is wrong or you are a troll(worked well for this thread).
    cwbcpa likes this.
    04-26-2017 10:11 AM
    Except that this isn't a race, is it? It's a tool to get things done. Honestly you guys who place so much importance in which phone does something a couple seconds faster just totally crack me up. And iOS fans are the worst at it, but Android fans do it as well. If I am deciding what car to get, the only time I really care if one is 4 or 5 Seconds faster is if I'm in a race. Otherwise, I promise you that the fact that your sports car will get you to work 5 Seconds faster than my pickup truck will not sway me into buying your sports car. The pickup truck does the work I need better than the sports car.
    Drops the mic.....
    04-26-2017 10:49 AM
    Except that this isn't a race, is it? It's a tool to get things done. Honestly you guys who place so much importance in which phone does something a couple seconds faster just totally crack me up. And iOS fans are the worst at it, but Android fans do it as well. If I am deciding what car to get, the only time I really care if one is 4 or 5 Seconds faster is if I'm in a race. Otherwise, I promise you that the fact that your sports car will get you to work 5 Seconds faster than my pickup truck will not sway me into buying your sports car. The pickup truck does the work I need better than the sports car.
    2 things:

1. That's a terrible analogy.

2. If you go any car forum they argue over which car is a tenth of a second faster. That's kind of the point of forums like this.
    sergysn likes this.
    04-26-2017 11:11 AM
    No, neither you nor anyone else will get the iPhone 8 this fall..... Remember you read it here first.
    No, we read it at about a dozen tech websites first. You are merely repeating other people's news as if it is some sort of brilliant revelation.
    04-26-2017 11:23 AM
186 1234 ...