07-02-2017 11:50 PM
200 ... 5678
tools
    Opera browser has been messing up the phone badly of late. Completely freezing it for a bit before letting up. Actually switched to the beta because of it, and that seems to be a bit smoother.
    Funny, I have stutters in videos I watch in opera windowed mode.
    Tried opera mini but that's not good at all on my s8+.
    BTW full screen videos are smooth in opera.
    06-11-2017 06:15 PM
    That's disappointing to hear. Do you think you'll return it if it isn't going to work out? I am contemplating it but I may see about getting a replacement device.
    The biggest concern you should have is either 1.plus or not or 2. do i really want it?
    mostly because battery stats are not important and completely subjective,i for one go to bed at 100% , wake up the next morning at 99-98%
    Stream tv with a bad wifi and a bluetooth speaker connected dropped about 5-10% in about 30-45 mins.
    I give props to samsung i think the s8(plus in my case) is a joy to use. The thing is there's lots of competition these days so i'd check what's available to you before purchasing imo .
    06-11-2017 07:02 PM
    None lag! Only smoothness! This is coming from a previous iPhone 7 Plus owner.
    06-11-2017 07:02 PM
    None lag! Only smoothness! This is coming from a previous iPhone 7 Plus owner.
    Me too. I still have my 7 Plus, but this S8+ has been as smooth as any phone I've used. Every phone that I have ever used lags or studders at times. That's true for Android and iOS devices. So far the S8+ has been amazing though. No desire to use my 7 Plus.
    blaine07 and llfloyd79 like this.
    06-11-2017 07:51 PM
    Note 5? No lag at all
    I'm waiting for my S8+ to be delivered right now, coming from a Note 5 which I have never experience lag on. Hoping the S8+ doesn't disappoint.

Edit - I've had my S8+ for a week now, haven't noticed any lag.
    cwbcpa and jlost like this.
    06-12-2017 08:12 AM
    I personally saw lag/stutter and returned it. I wasn't happy with the price per performance of the S8. I went from iPhone 7+ to S8 to iPhone 7. I turned in my 7+ to get the S8 and returned it and got the 7 all through T-Mobile's JUMP.

Still wanting Android I picked up the Pixel from Verizon cash and threw in my T-Mobile SIM and for me the Pixel's day to day fluidity is far superior to the S8 IMO.

That said a buddy of mine essentially did the same thing except he went iPhone 7+ to OnePlus 3T back to iPhone 7+ to S8 and couldn't be happier. He doesn't notice any lag or stutter and is crazy happy with everything especially the 360 cam.

So I guess it's either inconsistent phones (which quality is a concern) or it's a person's sensitivity to stutter and lag. A perception issues. My views are way different than my friends and it appears mine is also different from a lot on here as well.

I wonder what it is causing the discrepancy.
    06-18-2017 06:35 AM
    By far the fastest phone for me to date with zero lag nothing. I would return your s8 as it sounds defective.
    06-18-2017 08:08 AM
    Stutters a bit when scrolling through websites or app drawer. Really ridiculous considering the SD 835 and RAM in this thing.
    AustinTech likes this.
    06-18-2017 08:32 AM
    Cincyguy, it's the skyline causing your lag!!! . Lol

But seriously the pixel is smoother than a jeff ruby steak or an Izzy's Reuben
    06-18-2017 11:02 PM
    I've tried S8 Plus with it's demo state in a store, it's fast but laggy a bit as all sammy phones, you'll notice the lag if you have Mate 9, Pixel, or OnePlus 3T, samsung phones will never be as smooth as the others.
    06-19-2017 03:30 AM
    I've tried S8 Plus with it's demo state in a store, it's fast but laggy a bit as all sammy phones, you'll notice the lag if you have Mate 9, Pixel, or OnePlus 3T, samsung phones will never be as smooth as the others.
    My note 5 is not laggy and it's over 1.5 years old. It has never been laggy.
    06-19-2017 12:54 PM
    My note 5 is not laggy and it's over 1.5 years old. It has never been laggy.
    +1000

I'm just tired of the same comments and blanket statements from people that I really question their motives. I'm still waiting for the Lag and stutters on my Samsung phones and I've had Galaxy S2, S3, S4, S5, S6 edge, S7, S7 edge and S8+, that's just on the S line, and the Galaxy Note 4, Note 5 and Note 7 (this one obviously doesn't count). Of those, the S2, S4, S5, S6 edge and S7 edge were with me for at least a year.

I'm a phone addict, so I can easily have 4 or 5 phones most of the years but about 8-10 others, but that doesn't mean I get rid of my phones I just pass them to my family members when I move to a new one, and besides the S4 that lagged as a maniac after an update and never went back to normal, all my other Samsung phones have behaved the same than out of the box.

Like I always do, not just with Samsung but ALL my Android phones, I reboot once a week and at least once a month I clear Apps cached data. If I feel something is not as I expect, being battery life or any other thing then I do a Wipe cache partition on recovery Mode.
    cwbcpa and kevinpleasants like this.
    06-19-2017 02:35 PM
    My S8 doesn't lag or stutter. It's the snappiest phone I've ever used.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    06-19-2017 05:15 PM
    I had S7 Edge. Was not too impressed. It lagged often. Not too bad but not too smooth. Only 2 Samsung phones that had very close to zero lag are Note 5 and S8 Plus. they are both SMOOTH LIKE BUTTER
    jlost likes this.
    06-19-2017 05:17 PM
    No lag! S8+
    06-19-2017 08:49 PM
    If having super snappy software and apps opening and transitioning a second or two faster is what is important to you then you're probably better off getting a Pixel or an iPhone.

From a hardware standpoint those phones are missing a lot of features that have been available on Galaxy phones for years now.

As far as the phone stuttering or lagging I haven't seen it yet. I've only had the phone a few days though. Honestly, I didnt notice much if any lag on my S7 Edge either. Occasionally apps would force close but that happened on my iPhone 7 Plus every blue moon too.

Samsung has been busy toning down Touchwiz now known as the Samsung Experience the last two or three years now. It might not be quite iPhone or Pixel smooth, but it's far removed from the days of Android Honeycomb and Ice Cream Sandwich were my GS3 was a stuttering mess right out of the box.

Samsung always seems 2-3 years ahead of the curve in hardware and although people even Android diehards give their software heck they have come a long way.
    cwbcpa and kevinpleasants like this.
    06-19-2017 09:06 PM
    Cincyguy, it's the skyline causing your lag!!! . Lol
    Greasy chili fingers do it every time. Smudges the lens camera too, for that 'antique' filter.
    jlost likes this.
    06-20-2017 05:25 AM
    Only things that slow down my s8+ are slow apps or bad internet. which is what most people confuse for lag.
    06-20-2017 06:20 AM
    Only things that slow down my s8+ are slow apps or bad internet. which is what most people confuse for lag.
    Right. Like this very AC app.
    06-20-2017 08:00 AM
    Mod note: let's make sure we are staying on topic and not discussing each other. Thank you.
    cwbcpa and Muessig like this.
    06-20-2017 08:36 AM
    Sydney coming in and spoiling all the fun ;P

JK, I don't know why it is so hard to stay civil online. I guess I was young once..LOL
    cwbcpa likes this.
    06-20-2017 01:50 PM
    Jeez, I have all my settings to max performance with no power saver or anything and I never get a "lag" to speak of. Dolphin browser has crashed a few times, but that's Dolphin's fault, not the phone's.
    06-20-2017 04:41 PM
    Oh, after reading through, yeah, some games in Oculus are "laggy" in that they seem to go into slow motion mode, audio and everything, and then come out of it after a few seconds. I think this has more to do with the Oculus app than anything. I think a lot of these games were designed with other phones in mind, or perhaps it's the Oculus app that's not entirely compatible with the S8's processor. The crazy thing is that the games that are the worst with it are the simplest, least graphics and processor intensive games, like puzzle games and the like.
    06-20-2017 05:09 PM
    I was having some lag with the navigation buttons but after clearing the cache partion, setting animations to 0, and rebooting it's back to being buttery smooth. Need to get in the habit of clearing cache more often.
    06-25-2017 06:14 PM
    I personally saw lag/stutter and returned it. I wasn't happy with the price per performance of the S8. I went from iPhone 7+ to S8 to iPhone 7. I turned in my 7+ to get the S8 and returned it and got the 7 all through T-Mobile's JUMP.

Still wanting Android I picked up the Pixel from Verizon cash and threw in my T-Mobile SIM and for me the Pixel's day to day fluidity is far superior to the S8 IMO.

That said a buddy of mine essentially did the same thing except he went iPhone 7+ to OnePlus 3T back to iPhone 7+ to S8 and couldn't be happier. He doesn't notice any lag or stutter and is crazy happy with everything especially the 360 cam.

So I guess it's either inconsistent phones (which quality is a concern) or it's a person's sensitivity to stutter and lag. A perception issues. My views are way different than my friends and it appears mine is also different from a lot on here as well.

I wonder what it is causing the discrepancy.
    I'd say it's more of a perception thing,most people don't seem to have really noticed any lag issues, i have some stuter here and there but nothing major,plenty happy with my s8+ but then again just like any phone it's not for everyone. If you're happy with a pixel more power to ya :P i just found google phones to be too boring out of the box not enough to justify that price imho.
    06-25-2017 07:17 PM
200 ... 5678