07-03-2017 12:50 AM
186 ... 5678
tools
    No lag! S8+
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    06-19-2017 09:49 PM
    If having super snappy software and apps opening and transitioning a second or two faster is what is important to you then you're probably better off getting a Pixel or an iPhone.

From a hardware standpoint those phones are missing a lot of features that have been available on Galaxy phones for years now.

As far as the phone stuttering or lagging I haven't seen it yet. I've only had the phone a few days though. Honestly, I didnt notice much if any lag on my S7 Edge either. Occasionally apps would force close but that happened on my iPhone 7 Plus every blue moon too.

Samsung has been busy toning down Touchwiz now known as the Samsung Experience the last two or three years now. It might not be quite iPhone or Pixel smooth, but it's far removed from the days of Android Honeycomb and Ice Cream Sandwich were my GS3 was a stuttering mess right out of the box.

Samsung always seems 2-3 years ahead of the curve in hardware and although people even Android diehards give their software heck they have come a long way.
    cwbcpa and kevinpleasants like this.
    06-19-2017 10:06 PM
    Cincyguy, it's the skyline causing your lag!!! . Lol
    Greasy chili fingers do it every time. Smudges the lens camera too, for that 'antique' filter.
    jlost likes this.
    06-20-2017 06:25 AM
    Only things that slow down my s8+ are slow apps or bad internet. which is what most people confuse for lag.
    06-20-2017 07:20 AM
    Only things that slow down my s8+ are slow apps or bad internet. which is what most people confuse for lag.
    Right. Like this very AC app.
    06-20-2017 09:00 AM
    Mod note: let's make sure we are staying on topic and not discussing each other. Thank you.
    cwbcpa and Muessig like this.
    06-20-2017 09:36 AM
    Sydney coming in and spoiling all the fun ;P

JK, I don't know why it is so hard to stay civil online. I guess I was young once..LOL
    cwbcpa likes this.
    06-20-2017 02:50 PM
    Jeez, I have all my settings to max performance with no power saver or anything and I never get a "lag" to speak of. Dolphin browser has crashed a few times, but that's Dolphin's fault, not the phone's.
    06-20-2017 05:41 PM
    Oh, after reading through, yeah, some games in Oculus are "laggy" in that they seem to go into slow motion mode, audio and everything, and then come out of it after a few seconds. I think this has more to do with the Oculus app than anything. I think a lot of these games were designed with other phones in mind, or perhaps it's the Oculus app that's not entirely compatible with the S8's processor. The crazy thing is that the games that are the worst with it are the simplest, least graphics and processor intensive games, like puzzle games and the like.
    06-20-2017 06:09 PM
    I was having some lag with the navigation buttons but after clearing the cache partion, setting animations to 0, and rebooting it's back to being buttery smooth. Need to get in the habit of clearing cache more often.
    06-25-2017 07:14 PM
    I personally saw lag/stutter and returned it. I wasn't happy with the price per performance of the S8. I went from iPhone 7+ to S8 to iPhone 7. I turned in my 7+ to get the S8 and returned it and got the 7 all through T-Mobile's JUMP.

Still wanting Android I picked up the Pixel from Verizon cash and threw in my T-Mobile SIM and for me the Pixel's day to day fluidity is far superior to the S8 IMO.

That said a buddy of mine essentially did the same thing except he went iPhone 7+ to OnePlus 3T back to iPhone 7+ to S8 and couldn't be happier. He doesn't notice any lag or stutter and is crazy happy with everything especially the 360 cam.

So I guess it's either inconsistent phones (which quality is a concern) or it's a person's sensitivity to stutter and lag. A perception issues. My views are way different than my friends and it appears mine is also different from a lot on here as well.

I wonder what it is causing the discrepancy.
    I'd say it's more of a perception thing,most people don't seem to have really noticed any lag issues, i have some stuter here and there but nothing major,plenty happy with my s8+ but then again just like any phone it's not for everyone. If you're happy with a pixel more power to ya :P i just found google phones to be too boring out of the box not enough to justify that price imho.
    06-25-2017 08:17 PM
    No lag at all. Smooth experience so far.
    06-25-2017 09:40 PM
    Going on 6 weeks with my S8 plus and not a bit of lag anywhere! Fastest device I have ever owned and I am also on AT&T.
    06-25-2017 10:03 PM
    I don't have major lag issues, but I quickly turned off animations like I do with every phone I can. No matter how fast they are, I find them a waste.

Then again, you can lag any phone if you try hard enough.
    Qc_Anubis likes this.
    06-26-2017 12:54 AM
    it's a smooth experience so fair for daily use running nova launcher. I do notice in games and some apps, like Snapchat, the experience isn't as smooth as my iPhone 7 plus. This seems to only be very noticable in games though but other then that it's a great Android phone.
    06-26-2017 03:16 AM
    I'd say its more of a perception thing,most people don't seem to have really noticed any lag issues, i have some stuter here and there but nothing major,plenty happy with my s8+ but then again just like any phone it's not for everyone. If you're happy with a pixel more power to ya i just found google phones to be too boring out of the box not enough to justify that price imho.
    Yeah I can see why it's price per feature is low compared to the S8 but for me I care more about quick updates and in this particular case fluidity. I get the Pixel doesn't have scheduled reboots, water proofing, OIS FFC, wireless charging, one hand mode, GIF (gif as in giraffe or giant ) maker etc. that the S8 does, but I never really used those features personally. I guess I'm just as vanilla as the Pixel lol.

I like the S8 and think the S8 is a great device!!!, just wasn't for me as an individual.
    Qc_Anubis likes this.
    06-26-2017 05:58 PM
    Yeah I can see why it's price per feature is low compared to the S8 but for me I care more about quick updates and in this particular case fluidity. I get the Pixel doesn't have scheduled reboots, water proofing, OIS FFC, wireless charging, one hand mode, GIF (gif as in giraffe or giant ) maker etc. that the S8 does, but I never really used those features personally. I guess I'm just as vanilla as the Pixel lol.

I like the S8 and think the S8 is a great device!!!, just wasn't for me as an individual.
    Which is totally fine i used nexus before then went extinct (mostly the 6p which i loved) but for me and my usage stock android i just too boring but pixels imo are worst than nexus phones mostly because for that premium price there's not really anything amazing about it it's more like just another phone in the android sea. I love my s8 but mostly because 6.2 for me is awesome but i watch tons of content on it and play emulators (18:9 makes it soooo good for that imho),although i don't use any features you mentionned :P.I'm mostly used to samsung phones and prefer what they do hardware wise (retina scanners and other "samsung functions") to me it's mostly buying the most interesting phone specially since i don't really care much for updates. Still think google makes great phones just like apple does (unless you're talking about software wise but that's another story ahah XD)

Nb : i do love me some vanilla milkshakes
    vahdyx likes this.
    06-26-2017 07:41 PM
    Agree Pixel is smoother (as, in my experience, are Apple phones). But I have no lag and consider other devices to be vanilla compared to the S8. And I don't like vanilla.

If there's a problem I do a factory reset. I understand that is anathema to many but Android has much improved the process.
    06-27-2017 12:27 AM
    I decided to buy an unlocked S8+ tonight at BestBuy. After getting everything finally setup, it seems pretty smooth. Not sure if it's any better then my S7 Edge but I've only been using it for about an hour now after setting up. I may try lowering the animation settings as well. I have 45 days to return the phone which is why I bought at BestBuy.
    06-27-2017 12:55 AM
    I decided to buy an unlocked S8+ tonight at BestBuy. After getting everything finally setup, it seems pretty smooth. Not sure if it's any better then my S7 Edge but I've only been using it for about an hour now after setting up. I may try lowering the animation settings as well. I have 45 days to return the phone which is why I bought at BestBuy.
    Puts S7 Edge to shame. I am glad I made the upgrade.
    06-27-2017 06:54 AM
    Samsung’s UI fluidity problem needs fixing

https://www.sammobile.com/2017/06/27...m-needs-fixing
    06-27-2017 07:54 AM
    Samsung’s UI fluidity problem needs fixing

https://www.sammobile.com/2017/06/27...m-needs-fixing
    Use Nova launcher instead then ? I bought the premium couple years ago for when and if my device get's laggy.
    06-27-2017 09:49 AM
    Use Nova launcher instead then ? I bought the premium couple years ago for when and if my device get's laggy.
    Me too. I normally go to Nova right away. This is the longest I've gone on any phone, other than the Pixel, without switching to Nova.
    Qc_Anubis likes this.
    06-27-2017 10:23 AM
    Me too. I normally go to Nova right away. This is the longest I've gone on any phone, other than the Pixel, without switching to Nova.
    Well to be fair there's a high chance i might use it down the road if i get bored of samsung's Ui but it's mostly for fluidity purposes,since i didn't notice much lag or issues for now that's probably why i'm still not using it :P Well that and the fact i'd probably loose the edge functions ahah XD
    06-27-2017 10:32 AM
    Well to be fair there's a high chance i might use it down the road if i get bored of samsung's Ui but it's mostly for fluidity purposes,since i didn't notice much lag or issues for now that's probably why i'm still not using it :P Well that and the fact i'd probably loose the edge functions ahah XD
    I have not tried yet on the S8+, but I don't remember losing the edge functions on the S7 Edge. I could be wrong though.
    Qc_Anubis likes this.
    06-27-2017 11:27 AM
186 ... 5678