Anyone else having issues getting the Edge Lighting to work for notifications?
    I've been unable to get it to work. And I have enabled the apps for it.

I also have been unable to get any notifications to show up other than the icon on the Always On Display. I've gone to Settings > Lock Screen and Security > Notifications, and enabled this. Then made sure all of my apps are selected. I have "Hide content" set to OFF, and "Notification icons only" set to OFF. But I still only see the icon display when I get a notification, and nothing else.

The other thing I noticed is if I have the dynamic wallpaper on the Always On Display, the image will blink every time the clock changes. Very annoying.

I've also noticed that it takes an unusually long amount of time to send an image via text. Like more than 5 minutes for 1 image. Sometimes it doesn't send at all. It used to be almost instant with my S6. And there have been multiple instances where I was unable to receive images from other people.

Any suggestions?
    04-24-2017 09:18 AM
    I'm new to Android but I feel like I might be having the samw issues. I have thought that it was something I was missing. maybe there is more to it.
    04-24-2017 06:54 PM

I purchased the Edge Lighting app for $2.54 from the Google Play store. It works very well and works with my messaging app, Chomp, and with all my news and sports apps. You can set different colors for different apps. Also works face up with all apps except the phone call. Just make sure to follow the brief directions about turning on Accessibility for it under settings. To bad Samsung didn't get this right yet. The phone ringer with only work face down if your screen lights up when receiving a call. The support contact link response is very prompt. Very good app.
    michael24j likes this.
    04-25-2017 08:18 PM
    Hey yours was the quickest fix, Samsung s8 in messenger app links went dead in a window, it got frustrating, I had the s7 regular, and I didn't use anything Samsung on it but liked the device, it's Android, customize. Since s8 has edge I wanted that only messager worked with it, but the link thing was frustrating, so went back to Textra messaging and love the app you recommended! Different colors for apps, love it! Thanks! Works on current update s8, like the customize bixby app to reassign that button!
    05-21-2017 11:52 PM
    Dumb question but it may help... Have you pulled down the notification shade and enabled Edge lighting there?
    05-22-2017 12:13 AM