Not sure I can keep my S8+ :(

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
This might sound crazy, but I'm obsessing about this screen and keeping it protected. My inability to find a suitable screen protector might force my hand into returning it. (And I cannot stand those wallet-type cases that force one to use two hands.) It's the first smartphone I've had go this long without a screen protector. The sand and gravel are taunting me, just waiting for me to drop my guard and scratch up this beauty. My name is sangs - and I have a problem. Help me Obi Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
This might sound crazy, but I'm obsessing about this screen and keeping it protected. My inability to find a suitable screen protector might force my hand into returning it. (And I cannot stand those wallet-type cases that force one to use two hands.) It's the first smartphone I've had go this long without a screen protector. The sand and gravel are taunting me, just waiting for me to drop my guard and scratch up this beauty. My name is sangs - and I have a problem. Help me Obi Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope.

Wet application screen protectors seem to be the best for curved screens. It'll take a lot more patience to install but these kind worked well for me on the S7 edge and note 7.

I'm going to install mine later today.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Wet application screen protectors seem to be the best for curved screens. It'll take a lot more patience to install but these kind worked well for me on the S7 edge and note 7.

Tried one the other day. Slid right off the second I snapped on my case, which couldn't be much thinner. I think the case + screen protector equation is much more problematic on the S8 and S8+.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I understand your fears - a phone as beautiful as the S8 needs to be protected! And I agree with you about the wallet cases - not a fan! Hopefully other users who use screen protectors that work for them will come to your rescue!

Jazzamuffin

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site

Got my Zagg wet application one on there....Best Buy installed it...It's perfect

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Tried one the other day. Slid right off the second I snapped on my case, which couldn't be much thinner. I think the case + screen protector equation is much more problematic on the S8 and S8+.

I use this and have no problems. Just have to follow the directions closely and I suppose your experience may vary depending on the case you are using. The key here is letting it dry before you try putting your case back on. I waited 24 hours. That was a long 24 hours since I put it on as soon as I got the phone!

https://www.amazon.com/Armorsuit-Pr...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5781608

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

As someone with OCD I can fully relate and its one reason I didnt want the S8+ yet somehow here I am.

My solution was simple though. Samsung Premium Care and a nice case. Im forcing myself to come to terms with the fact that it is going to get scratched and possibly cracked. To have this type of phone my OCD has to take a back seat.

I started carrying an iPhone 6s plus last year with no protector and it got beat up bad but I have Applecare+ so I decided screw it. Same thing with the S8+ this year. Its not a matter of if something happens its when will it happen and would I rather give back the phone or pay $99 plus monthly fee when that damage occurs.

Get some insurance and enjoy the phone. When you damage it pay the $99 and get a new one. Its the price we pay to have the latest and greatest.

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

I have one and they suck if you have a case on cause the edges keep on peeling off

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Exactly the same as I just put on my S8+ with a Spigen Armor case. I used this exact combo on my S7e and it worked perfectly. Unfortunately, no such luck with the 8+. After drying overnight all four corners came up as soon as I put the inner case on. I have to say though that this case is tighter than it was on my S7. I have dropped a note to Armorsuit and will see what they say as this shield is excellent and would probably work with a lesser case.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Sadly, I have Samsung Premium Care with the S8+ and I'm still obsessing about it. Brain neurons.

Last edited by a moderator:

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
I use this and have no problems. Just have to follow the directions closely and I suppose your experience may vary depending on the case you are using. The key here is letting it dry before you try putting your case back on. I waited 24 hours. That was a long 24 hours since I put it on as soon as I got the phone!

https://www.amazon.com/Armorsuit-Pr...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5781634

That's one of the ones I tried, based on the success I had with the same combo on the S7 Edge. No such luck this time. Slid right off.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Sadly, I have Samsung Premium Care with the S8+ and I'm still obsessing about it. Goddamn brain neurons.

Its tough man, and something Im still struggling with lol. I bet Im worse than anyone here considering I keep a roll of scotch tape in my bag and thats how I clean my screen. I dont even use microfiber cloths because I dont want to drag something across the screen and scratch it.

furiousyellow

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site

First time using a wet app screen protector (Spigen Neo Flex) too. I found you have to wait a day or two for the screen protector to dry out and stretch which is what they recommend to get rid of the bubbles anyway. Very happy with the results. Not a single bubble and the case went on without messing up the screen protector.

blaine07

Trusted Member
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I was in similar boat about screen OCD. For now to hold me over I got a wet install Zagg. I'm hopeful market will eventually mature to produce a good glass option however. 😦

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
That's one of the ones I tried, based on the success I had with the same combo on the S7 Edge. No such luck this time. Slid right off.

Did ArmorSuit send you the "newer" model? I ordered it and got it before the phone arrived then a week later they sent me a new shield saying it has been updated and to toss the original one they sent me.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. Still rocking the the factory plastic over here. :p

Going to try the Zagg Sapphire Defense, hated it on the iPhone 7 Plus but it's better than floating glass.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Ugh... I wish I had an answer but I don't. I'm using the Yootech wet protector and I quite like it. Just put in on before bed and let it set overnight.

sele835

Apr 20, 2017
Visit site
While this may be a little bit of a wait, I placed an order for this on Amazon in case I can't find a similar solution to the same predicament as yours (though I'll be damned if I choose to return this and go back to my iPhone 7 Plus).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XHLXNCL?tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5781690

View attachment 257981

Case with integrated screen protector.

I can see a big problem with these kind of protectors. If the front plastic/glass does not adhere to the phone screen, it will scratch up the screen really bad. Dust particles will get in there and constantly rub against the phone screen and the protector making it worse than not having a protector on there at all.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon