Not sure I can keep my S8+ :(

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm using the Verizon screen protector. So far, I haven't had any problems. I've tested it with Incipio (my current case), as well as the Otterbox Symmetry and Commuter cases and a couple other cases with no problems.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm using the Verizon screen protector. So far, I haven't had any problems. I've tested it with Incipio (my current case), as well as the Otterbox Symmetry and Commuter cases and a couple other cases with no problems.

Worst case, go with a film screen protector instead of glass. I've read good reviews for those.

sele835

Apr 20, 2017
Visit site
Generally the cases with integrated protectors affect the touch sensitivity of curved screens. Because it's attached to the case, not the phone, you get a slight gap especially on the edges.

...and that slight gap can trap dust particles and rub against your screen to make it worse. Just something to consider.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but buy a dbrand skin and a wet application screen protector and you're good. The skins are very tough and will protect the phone rather well.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I hate the drag on wet application screen protectors, they are better than they used to be but still not as smooth as glass. I just bought a squaretrade warranty and hope I don't have to use it.

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I have gone thru the problems of Case/Screen Protector combination and have found that with few exceptions they don't play together (I gave up on this back with my Note 3). I had just added a tempered glass SP to wife's S7E and was adjusting the case fit, snap the SP cracked. she had a minimalist case and she decided to use my Otterbox case and forgo the SP the OB case had a bit more meat to protect the phone then the Minimalist case did.

Cheers,
BR

dejanh

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
This might sound crazy, but I'm obsessing about this screen and keeping it protected. My inability to find a suitable screen protector might force my hand into returning it. (And I cannot stand those wallet-type cases that force one to use two hands.) It's the first smartphone I've had go this long without a screen protector. The sand and gravel are taunting me, just waiting for me to drop my guard and scratch up this beauty. My name is sangs - and I have a problem. Help me Obi Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope.
I use Ghost Armor (Ghost Armor | Shields Screen Protectors Scratchproof Skins) case-friendly variant in combination with the Spigen Liquid Armor (https://www.amazon.com/Spigen-Liqui...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5784003). It works fanstasic. The fit is spot on, no edges being pushed up or anything. Nearly 100% coverage on the front. If you get the Ghost Armor regular screen protector it covers 100% of the front of the phone. Back cover will cover nearly 100%.

Generally speaking you should give up on glass because you really are not likely to find any that works. The best I've heard is RhinoShield as it has adhesive all over, or so I heard. I cannot comment on quality or fit as I have never tried. I am going to stick with the GA/Spigen combo.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084