Not sure I can keep my S8+ :(

kashabrown

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Had the S7E for almost a year before I bought the S8+ - didn't put a protector on that phone and won't on this one. I dropped it (3) times in a year (nothing really bad) and nary a scratch. I hate them.

AvaABC123

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
I had the Qmadix Liquid Glass applied to my phone. I watched the videos on YouTube, and they have people trying to scratch phones with keys, scissors and box knives and no scratches. They even tried dropping I from knee and ear height to simulate use and dropping of the device. I registered the product, and supposedly if gets damaged that it necessitates screen replacement, they will cover $100 of the glass replacement cost.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I got this 7.00 one on amazon. I ordered before looking at anything at BB. I Like this case because it doesn't add or make the cut out too deep or spaced out.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5784690

I dislike spending too much on cases but I couldn't pass up the Nomad one. The 7.00 case will be used when I bike ride and it sits in the bike holder.

It looks pretty good. I like how it has individual cut-outs for the fps, camera and HR sensor. Thanks for sharing.

mundo472

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Using a spigen case with their wet-apl screen protector designed for cases. Had to get it placed exactly right but working great.
(Used "case-designed" screen protector from Best Skins Ever on my G s7e and it worked very well.)

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I haven't even found a case I want yet, much less to decide if I want a screen protector. I'm just being super careful and neurotic until then.

friendly1013

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
If it makes you feel better, consumer reports says that an object would have to be as hard as a masonry drill bit to scratch Gorilla Glass 5 on the Galaxy S8/S8+...

First Test Results: Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ - Consumer Reports

I am in the same bind (not planning to return this phone) -- I want to keep this thing for a long time, but my wet-applied screen protector peels up when I use my Spigen clear crystal TPU case -- But, btw, this case doesn't take much away from the look of the phone and pretty decent protection. A little less bulky than the neo hybrid.

After reading the Consumer Reports test, maybe it is safe to go sans screen protector... I haven't dropped a phone for 4 years, and even then it was something very avoidable with a phone I no longer was worried about. I had stopped being careful at all.

Vipmediastar

Apr 11, 2017
Visit site
It looks pretty good. I like how it has individual cut-outs for the fps, camera and HR sensor. Thanks for sharing.

Your welcome.

The individual cut outs is what was the deciding factor. I heard so much how difficult it was to use the sensor I Figured this would help greatly. I get my phone today So I will try it out. I had the case for 2 weeks already.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I just ordered this guy from Amazon. It's not gonna protect from drops really, but will help with dings and scratches. Also looks low profile enough that if somebody ever figures out how to make a decent glass screen protector it should fit.

Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 12.11.32 PM.jpg

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Your welcome.

The individual cut outs is what was the deciding factor. I heard so much how difficult it was to use the sensor I Figured this would help greatly. I get my phone today So I will try it out. I had the case for 2 weeks already.
Great choice

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I returned mine and I don't regret it for that reason, among others. The battery life wasn't nearly as good as my iPhone 7 Plus and that fingerprint sensor location was terrible. The iris and facial scanners didn't work in low light and I missed the dual cameras.

Hopefully the Note 8 will be better.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
If it makes you feel better, consumer reports says that an object would have to be as hard as a masonry drill bit to scratch Gorilla Glass 5 on the Galaxy S8/S8+...

First Test Results: Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ - Consumer Reports

I am in the same bind (not planning to return this phone) -- I want to keep this thing for a long time, but my wet-applied screen protector peels up when I use my Spigen clear crystal TPU case -- But, btw, this case doesn't take much away from the look of the phone and pretty decent protection. A little less bulky than the neo hybrid.

After reading the Consumer Reports test, maybe it is safe to go sans screen protector... I haven't dropped a phone for 4 years, and even then it was something very avoidable with a phone I no longer was worried about. I had stopped being careful at all.

It's not the drops that worry me, it's the debris. Sand, pebbles, gravel, etc. I'm around a lot of that and they are evil scratch minions.