Who's going naked?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it's that gorgeous with all the finger smudges on the backside. So slipping out of ones hands aside, the backside smudge grease would make me want a nice leather shell case or maybe a skin.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
On my first smartphone, I dropped it and it got dinged and nicked. Ever since then, with a couple of exceptions, I have had a case. The exceptions occurred because the case came out after the smartphone. I have had a smartphone with a Defender almost a decade ago drop down two flights of concrete stairs and survived unscathed. When I sell my old ones, people can't believe how pristine that they look. Given that my GS8 is my first curved display device and the first one not subsidized on a two year contract price, I wasn't taking a chance of damaging it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am not. I put a Spigen Rugged Armor on it and calling it a day. :). I did order a TG screen protector as well.

netwerx1

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I have so far...I bought two different cases, but one is even more slippery than the phone itself, and the other just adds more bulk than I'd prefer. I may do a dbrand skin on the back of it depending on how those end up looking on the curved surface.

marlin29311

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm still 50/50 on the subject. The S7 Edge was the first phone to ever have a case for me, only because it was so slippery on the edges - the S8+ is no where near as slippery to me. I have the Samsung Clear protective cover coming and I'll see if I like it - if not, I might just get a clear skin for the back to prevent scratches, but that would be it for me.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Man... I wish. Otterbox Symmetry Case + Zagg tempered glass here even tho I don't like the added bulk and touch sensitivity issues. I need to keep this thing protected.

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I usually hate cases but this phone got me to second guess that decision over the weekend since it's a little slippery compared to my HTC 10. Then this morning I thought I might already have some microscratches on the back.

In the end, I came back to my original decision. What's the point in having such a great looking phone, especially one that feels great in my hand, only to put a case on it and ruin those two features.

Lefty724

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I returned my OB Defender and am now using a Spigen thin case. Absolutely love it.

I'd rather not have a case but I know myself and have to have my phones in pristine condition at all times.

HeavyToka

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Not completely naked here, using a Dbrand skin just like I did on my Note 5. I have a case for the phone, but will probably only put it on when I go hiking.