05-03-2017 07:48 AM
140 1234 ...
tools
    I don't have the S8's but if I did......

.....its all about PEACE OF MIND for me! Don't want to be stressing drops.....no thanks! lol
    04-24-2017 03:45 PM
    I never owned a phone I didn't drop, so I immediately installed a Urban Armour Gear case. It isn't large but it has been a proven protector for me.
    04-24-2017 03:45 PM
    This guy right here!
    04-24-2017 05:10 PM
    I'm currently going naked only to allow my zagg screen cover to dry. Gotta say it is a beautiful phone, but the case will be going back on before going to work tomorrow.
    blaine07 likes this.
    04-24-2017 05:12 PM
    I'm currently going naked only to allow my zagg screen cover to dry. Gotta say it is a beautiful phone, but the case will be going back on before going to work tomorrow.
    I just got one of those zagg at best buy and had them put it on. I made it from the store to home which is 2 miles and tore it off. I don't know if the girl didn't do it right or what but it looked like garbage. You could see lines all over it and the left edge already wasn't sticking. It's now in the trash. May go to a different store when they aren't so busy and try again.
    04-24-2017 05:29 PM
    I did

Who's going naked?-unnamed-6.jpg
    blaine07 likes this.
    04-24-2017 05:44 PM
    Nope! Nope! Nope! I've already dropped mine a couple times.
    What was this in response to? I'm also curious about Dbrand. Hard to avoid them as they sponsor EVERY SINGLE YOUTUBE VIDEO lol.
    04-24-2017 05:45 PM
    I just got one of those zagg at best buy and had them put it on. I made it from the store to home which is 2 miles and tore it off. I don't know if the girl didn't do it right or what but it looked like garbage. You could see lines all over it and the left edge already wasn't sticking. It's now in the trash. May go to a different store when they aren't so busy and try again.
    Yeah mines working, but it's ugly and does have some touch sensitivity issues. I'm just too afraid of scratches or cracks to remove it.
    04-24-2017 05:47 PM
    You have to give it a couple days for everything to dry. Mine has lines and bubbles, but they should go away. However one of the edges doesn't want to stick and there's a piece of dust right on the edge of the screen. I'll probably be heading back up there Wednesday to have them redo it. I spent the $8 so if they screwed it up they can try again.
    04-24-2017 05:48 PM
    No case, but a Zagg sapphire screen protector and a Sinji Pouch on the back for wallet stuff. If it hands on its back, the pouch and cards will take the hit, and if it lands face down, well, good luck, Zagg!
    04-24-2017 06:22 PM
    I love the way it feels without!!!
    04-24-2017 06:37 PM
    You go naked with this phone, get ready to bend over and take it up the azz when the glass breaks. Dont say I did not warn you.

Someone in XDA already broke his on 2 day as he forgot it was on his lap when he got out of the car.

Ian B
    04-24-2017 06:41 PM
    Nah never go naked. I dropped my galazy note 5 and the back broke so badly on such a small crack. A phone cost 850 plus tax im good. Just get a minimal case. Once you break that back or front you will regret a case.
    04-24-2017 07:24 PM
    Never naked. just can't do it.
    04-24-2017 08:09 PM
    I'll go naked front and back and a crashguard bumper on the frame for maximum drop protection. There is no need for a screen protector with normal use but drops happen.

Nah never go naked. I dropped my galazy note 5 and the back broke so badly on such a small crack. A phone cost 850 plus tax im good. Just get a minimal case. Once you break that back or front you will regret a case.
    broke so badly such a small crack?
    04-24-2017 08:52 PM
    Naked, it is never a debate for me. No insurance either.

I have broken 3-4 screens in the last 10+ years. If it happens to the s8 I will pony up the $200-$250 and be done with it. Once I get through the next few months, the replacement cost of the screen will be under $200.

It would suck, but having a case doesn't guarantee you wont lose a screen and it looks and feels like $10-$20.
    04-24-2017 09:15 PM
    I am going with the otterbox commuter since the defender did not come with a screen. The thing is i hated the screen protector and i plan to not use a screen protector on it just the case for drops.
    04-24-2017 09:22 PM
    I'm caseless so far, but don't think it's going to last; it's a fairly slippery phone and while I can't recall the last time I dropped a phone, I find myself being super careful with this one because of that slipperiness.

Also, while I love the orchid grey color, the absence of bezels and the addition of the edges means I don't actually ever even see the grey, even caseless. So I suspect I'll be picking up a case for grip in the near future, assuming I can find one that is lightweight and doesn't detract from the phone's appearance.
    04-24-2017 09:49 PM
    No can do.

Zagg hd dry for the screen and whatever random case I feel like using that day.
    04-24-2017 09:53 PM
    I have owned cell phones longer than most people on this forum have been alive (since the Panasonic bag phone days) and I have NEVER used a case, and I have NEVER damaged a phone. But I am very careful with all my tools and gadgets, and I like the look without a case. That said, I looked at the Dbrand site and they look decent, so for the price I ordered a couple to try out. If I really like them I might keep it on, but only if it still fits in my ProClip holder in my car (when they finally ship the S8+ holder...).
    04-24-2017 10:11 PM
    They make cases way too thin nowadays to not use one.

Screen protectors though are kind of difficult unless you use something like liquid nano.

I used it on my note 7 and it was great after my s7 edge got scratched from my pocket the first couple days.

Trying to use swipe.

Say what you want but ios is a lot easier to type on.
    04-24-2017 11:41 PM
    Not me after watching this video. According to SquareTrade, the S8 is the first phone they've tested that cracked on all 4 sides on the first drop.

Square trade 😋
    04-24-2017 11:54 PM
    All Day Errrr Day! The phone is just too beautiful to cover up! I have a steadfast pair of hands and great 3rd party insurance coverage so I think I'm gonna stay rockin out BUTT NEKKID...
    04-25-2017 12:00 AM
    I'd love to use it naked but this thing is too slippery. I bought a few cases I can rotate between but so far my favorite is the uag
    04-25-2017 12:01 AM
    Nope, I always keep a case on it.
    04-25-2017 12:10 AM
140 1234 ...