05-03-2017 07:48 AM
140 12345 ...
tools
    This case is the best thing next to going naked for me. It truly feels like the phone doesn't have a case. It will at the very least protect the phone from scratches while still allowing you to see the back of the phone.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...cUvbUpU5783235
    04-25-2017 04:53 AM
    No chance. My s7 edge cracked bottom to top after sliding off my car seat onto a rubber floor mat last year so lesson learnt. You're right it does feel criminal covering it in a case as it's absolutely gorgeous to look at and hold but way way waaaaaay too slippery and fragile. I've got a Spigen Liquid Armour case on so it's minimal but hopefully enough to help it survive most minor falls

Plus a case you let's you lay the phone face down for the edge light features without worrying too much about scratching the glass
    04-25-2017 05:09 AM
    I'm caseless so far, but don't think it's going to last; it's a fairly slippery phone and while I can't recall the last time I dropped a phone, I find myself being super careful with this one because of that slipperiness.

Also, while I love the orchid grey color, the absence of bezels and the addition of the edges means I don't actually ever even see the grey, even caseless. So I suspect I'll be picking up a case for grip in the near future, assuming I can find one that is lightweight and doesn't detract from the phone's appearance.
    Try the Samsung clear cover. They're barely there—very thin and color-coded so that at you can see the full beauty of the phone. They also make the phone a tad less slippery. I got the orchid gray.
    04-25-2017 05:17 AM
    These phones are incredibly fragile and slippery
    04-25-2017 07:07 AM
    Vouch for the Samsung clear cover. Paper thin, color matched to the phone so you can see the back of the phone in all its glory. Adds a bit of grip over naked but you get the same look and feel. only 20$
    04-25-2017 07:29 AM
    I just bought the S8+ in Orchid Grey and as beautiful as it is I have to put a case on it because I would be absolutely devastated if I ended up scratching or breaking the phone through accidental incidents.
    04-25-2017 07:37 AM
    Other than the odd hazardous situation (usually involving alcohol) I never use a case. Just makes the phone bulkier and less attractive.

I did pay for the Samsung care with my S8+ this time so am slightly more relaxed about it.
    04-25-2017 07:40 AM
    What was this in response to? I'm also curious about Dbrand. Hard to avoid them as they sponsor EVERY SINGLE YOUTUBE VIDEO lol.
    They make beautiful, durable skins that fit like a glove. Only problem is they are slippery.
    04-25-2017 07:43 AM
    I usually keep my phones naked, but I use a case at work from time to time just in case. We'll, this morning the Spigen New Hybrid saved my phone after a 3 or 4 foot drop off the kitchen counter onto the tile floor. Needless to say it scared the **** out of me. I'll probably still rock it naked more often than not, but at least I know these cases work 😂. Just can't beat that naked feel in your hands.
    04-25-2017 07:54 AM
    I usually keep my phones naked, but I use a case at work from time to time just in case. We'll, this morning the Spigen New Hybrid saved my phone after a 3 or 4 foot drop off the kitchen counter onto the tile floor. Needless to say it scared the **** out of me. I'll probably still rock it naked more often than not, but at least I know these cases work . Just can't beat that naked feel in your hands.
    Glad to hear it survived but honestly Im even happier to hear it survived in that case. Thats what I have on mine right now and Ive been a little concerned if it would hold up in a drop and keep the back from cracking. Do you have any screen protection? If not, how did the screen do as far as scratches etc?
    04-25-2017 07:59 AM
    Glad to hear it survived but honestly Im even happier to hear it survived in that case. Thats what I have on mine right now and Ive been a little concerned if it would hold up in a drop and keep the back from cracking. Do you have any screen protection? If not, how did the screen do as far as scratches etc?
    No screen protector and no scratches at all. I'm using the Tough Armor at work now.
    TylerLV76 likes this.
    04-25-2017 08:08 AM
    No screen protector and no scratches at all. I'm using the Tough Armor at work now.
    Perfect, thanks. My phone stays on my desk at work but I feel a bit more comfortable with this case now.
    04-25-2017 08:12 AM
    Square trade 😋
    lol....exactly.....your new S8 breaks easy.....here let me sell you some insurance for it :-)
    04-25-2017 08:15 AM
    That's one of the main reasons I skipped s8 for the curve screen and can't find a decent screen protector
    Wish Samsung made flat screen version.. And better placement for FPS happy with G6 this year
    If I had s8 I would never go naked...
    Using axon 7 without screen protector and I managed a small scratch which is not really visible
    As my G6 arrives will install tempered glass and transparent silicone case
    04-25-2017 08:35 AM
    I use a Spigen Liquid Crystal Galaxy S8 Plus Case for my S8+ Orchid gray when I am out hiking. But all other times it is nekkid as the day it was born......
    04-25-2017 08:42 AM
    Completely naked with no screen protector neither. Nothing to change the phone in any way.
    04-25-2017 08:45 AM
    They make beautiful, durable skins that fit like a glove. Only problem is they are slippery.
    Cool thx
    04-25-2017 12:42 PM
    Just threw on a skin. now I REALLY feel safe lol.
    Who's going naked?-20170425_091456.jpg
    m3lover1 likes this.
    04-25-2017 01:37 PM
    Dbrand is on sale for anyone interested. I got this email.
    Attached Thumbnails Who's going naked?-dbrand20per.png  
    EMGSM likes this.
    04-25-2017 01:39 PM
    Dbrand is on sale for anyone interested. I got this email.
    I ordered this yesterday.

I'm new to dbrand products. I'm in the Uk.

Can I just apply the back skin and camera skin and leave the front and bottom pieces off. I've asked this in a few places as I'm trying to see if it's ok.
    04-25-2017 03:11 PM
    No can do.

Zagg hd dry for the screen and whatever random case I feel like using that day.
    How is the Zagg HD dry looking? I've used them in the past and they aren't too bad. Interested in your thoughts.
    04-25-2017 03:28 PM
    I'm using a clear gel cover on my s8+. Not only do I feel safer with it on there (not as slippery), but it also makes it far easier to feel for the fingerprint reader on the back of the phone.
    04-25-2017 03:31 PM
    I ordered this yesterday.

I'm new to dbrand products. I'm in the Uk.

Can I just apply the back skin and camera skin and leave the front and bottom pieces off. I've asked this in a few places as I'm trying to see if it's ok.
    Check their website since I'm pretty sure the peices are all sold separately.

Back skin , camera and then a 3rd peice for the top and bottom front.

I had a dbrand skin that I applied myself on my previous phone and it was easy peasy.
    bandofbrothers2112 likes this.
    04-25-2017 04:02 PM
    I think I'll be keeping a case on as well. As others have mentioned, the fingerprint smudges on the back of the black version are way too visible. I have a thin case for work days as I can't deal with slacks and a bulky pocket. Weekends and other times when I'm more active or around I have something a little heavier.
    04-25-2017 04:06 PM
    Personally don't have a GS8 but i've always strongly felt phones were meant to be naked! Show em if you got em!
    04-25-2017 07:45 PM
140 12345 ...