Who's going naked?

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
Naked, it is never a debate for me. No insurance either.

I have broken 3-4 screens in the last 10+ years. If it happens to the s8 I will pony up the $200-$250 and be done with it. Once I get through the next few months, the replacement cost of the screen will be under $200.

It would suck, but having a case doesn't guarantee you wont lose a screen and it looks and feels like $10-$20.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I am going with the otterbox commuter since the defender did not come with a screen. The thing is i hated the screen protector and i plan to not use a screen protector on it just the case for drops.

xsikal

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
I'm caseless so far, but don't think it's going to last; it's a fairly slippery phone and while I can't recall the last time I dropped a phone, I find myself being super careful with this one because of that slipperiness.

Also, while I love the orchid grey color, the absence of bezels and the addition of the edges means I don't actually ever even see the grey, even caseless. So I suspect I'll be picking up a case for grip in the near future, assuming I can find one that is lightweight and doesn't detract from the phone's appearance.

Ufd108

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I have owned cell phones longer than most people on this forum have been alive (since the Panasonic bag phone days) and I have NEVER used a case, and I have NEVER damaged a phone. But I am very careful with all my tools and gadgets, and I like the look without a case. That said, I looked at the Dbrand site and they look decent, so for the price I ordered a couple to try out. If I really like them I might keep it on, but only if it still fits in my ProClip holder in my car (when they finally ship the S8+ holder...).

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
They make cases way too thin nowadays to not use one.

Screen protectors though are kind of difficult unless you use something like liquid nano.

I used it on my note 7 and it was great after my s7 edge got scratched from my pocket the first couple days.

Trying to use swipe.

Say what you want but ios is a lot easier to type on.

thecaringkind

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
All Day Errrr Day! The phone is just too beautiful to cover up! I have a steadfast pair of hands and great 3rd party insurance coverage so I think I'm gonna stay rockin out BUTT NEKKID...

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I'd love to use it naked but this thing is too slippery. I bought a few cases I can rotate between but so far my favorite is the uag

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
No chance. My s7 edge cracked bottom to top after sliding off my car seat onto a rubber floor mat last year so lesson learnt. You're right it does feel criminal covering it in a case as it's absolutely gorgeous to look at and hold but way way waaaaaay too slippery and fragile. I've got a Spigen Liquid Armour case on so it's minimal but hopefully enough to help it survive most minor falls

Plus a case you let's you lay the phone face down for the edge light features without worrying too much about scratching the glass

paridge

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm caseless so far, but don't think it's going to last; it's a fairly slippery phone and while I can't recall the last time I dropped a phone, I find myself being super careful with this one because of that slipperiness.

Also, while I love the orchid grey color, the absence of bezels and the addition of the edges means I don't actually ever even see the grey, even caseless. So I suspect I'll be picking up a case for grip in the near future, assuming I can find one that is lightweight and doesn't detract from the phone's appearance.
Try the Samsung clear cover. They're barely there—very thin and color-coded so that at you can see the full beauty of the phone. They also make the phone a tad less slippery. I got the orchid gray.

dannyar11

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Vouch for the Samsung clear cover. Paper thin, color matched to the phone so you can see the back of the phone in all its glory. Adds a bit of grip over naked but you get the same look and feel. only 20$

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I just bought the S8+ in Orchid Grey and as beautiful as it is I have to put a case on it because I would be absolutely devastated if I ended up scratching or breaking the phone through accidental incidents.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Other than the odd hazardous situation (usually involving alcohol) I never use a case. Just makes the phone bulkier and less attractive.

I did pay for the Samsung care with my S8+ this time so am slightly more relaxed about it.

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I usually keep my phones naked, but I use a case at work from time to time just in case. We'll, this morning the Spigen New Hybrid saved my phone after a 3 or 4 foot drop off the kitchen counter onto the tile floor. Needless to say it scared the **** out of me. I'll probably still rock it naked more often than not, but at least I know these cases work 😂. Just can't beat that naked feel in your hands.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I usually keep my phones naked, but I use a case at work from time to time just in case. We'll, this morning the Spigen New Hybrid saved my phone after a 3 or 4 foot drop off the kitchen counter onto the tile floor. Needless to say it scared the **** out of me. I'll probably still rock it naked more often than not, but at least I know these cases work ??????. Just can't beat that naked feel in your hands.

Glad to hear it survived but honestly Im even happier to hear it survived in that case. Thats what I have on mine right now and Ive been a little concerned if it would hold up in a drop and keep the back from cracking. Do you have any screen protection? If not, how did the screen do as far as scratches etc?