Having recently owned a Pixel XL and V20 I can say that I am thoroughly impressed with the S8 Plus. The only area I believe either of those phones was better is the picture quality of the Pixel XL. However neither of the aforementioned are ip68 so the S8 Plus wins for me.
    Jeremiah Bonds and Leykis like this.
    04-24-2017 01:09 PM
    I'm SO glad you found something that you are happy with!!! Puts a smile on my face.
    milehigherik, Lodingi and verks like this.
    04-24-2017 01:14 PM
    I'm SO glad you found something that you are happy with!!! Puts a smile on my face.
    Heck yeah man.. Me too. I haven't found anything about this phone that I dislike. I'm pretty picky with my phones too soon that's saying a lot. I go through at least two flagship phones annually. It feels solid, it responds quickly and the battery life is a huge improvement from the V20. All day moderate-heavy usage I'm sitting around 40%. The Pixel was roughly the same and the V20 I carried a spare battery which I'd swap around 4pm daily.

Great phone for me. I hope others are having the same fortune.
    04-24-2017 01:19 PM
    Having recently used the iPhone 7 Plus, Pixel XL, and S7 Edge I am impressed with most of this phone. That screen is incredible, the battery life seems adequate for me so far and I actually love the UI which is saying something about Samsung. The Note 7 was my favorite phone I have ever owned...this doesn't have the S Pen, which I liked, but aside from that it improves on it in just about every way.
    04-24-2017 01:52 PM
    Well I swore I would never again get a phone with a curved display (S6 Edge+), due to the lack of third party screen protectors, yet here I am. Lol. This phone is amazing.
    04-24-2017 02:04 PM
    Pixel XL UI >>>>>> S8+

I am using Action Launcher but it is still missing some functions of stock Nougat
    I might side load pixel launcher.
    04-24-2017 03:35 PM
    Pixel XL UI >>>>>> S8+

I am using Action Launcher but it is still missing some functions of stock Nougat
    I might side load pixel launcher.
    I use Nova and it has similar actions like the Pixel.

Loving my S8 plus though.. Samsung did an awesome job.
    Viscomi4444 likes this.
    04-24-2017 04:12 PM

The hardware is waaaaaaay better than the Pixel XL. Make this stock android and it would be the best phone ever.

Nova or Action doesnt have the swipe right to bring up Google Now page, it doesnt have the long press to bring up the popup menu on each icon, I also miss the battery percentage inside the battery(not next to it). You could also remove unwanted icons from the status bar. Like the NFC logo.
    04-24-2017 04:34 PM

I agree
    04-24-2017 04:34 PM
    The hardware is waaaaaaay better than the Pixel XL. Make this stock android and it would be the best phone ever.

Nova or Action doesnt have the swipe right to bring up Google Now page, it doesnt have the long press to bring up the popup menu on each icon, I also miss the battery percentage inside the battery(not next to it). You could also remove unwanted icons from the status bar. Like the NFC logo.
    The swipe no but it definitely does have the long press an app to have the menu pop up.
    04-24-2017 04:36 PM
    The swipe no but it definitely does have the long press and app to have the menu pop up.
    Not with Action Launcher, ill check Nova again. But it didn't do it.
    04-24-2017 04:39 PM
    Not with Action Launcher, ill check Nova again. But it didn't do it.
    Well I didn't comment on Action Launcher .
    04-24-2017 04:40 PM
    Well I didn't comment on Action Launcher .
    lol, is it an option you have to turn on??
    04-24-2017 04:41 PM
    lol, is it an option you have to turn on??
    I don't believe so. I know when I first did Nova back on the Moto before this S8+ (it was awhile since I used Nova) it went through a setup. I chose the options like the Pixel.
    04-24-2017 04:43 PM
    Example below of what I am seeing.
    04-24-2017 04:46 PM

Yes it does. I have both of those on mine using Nova.

Oh as far as Google Now I just put the widget on the left screen so it's virtually the same.
    jjinal likes this.
    04-24-2017 06:29 PM
    I call my phone Beauty and the Beast. Totally impressed over my Pixel Xl I already sold and 2 Iphone 6 and Iphone 5S also sold. My back up now is an LG X Power and S6 Edge Plus all running on Cricket.

Ian B
    04-24-2017 06:40 PM
    Having recently used the iPhone 7 Plus, Pixel XL, and S7 Edge I am impressed with most of this phone. That screen is incredible, the battery life seems adequate for me so far and I actually love the UI which is saying something about Samsung. The Note 7 was my favorite phone I have ever owned...this doesn't have the S Pen, which I liked, but aside from that it improves on it in just about every way.
    I agree. IF the Note 7 was in existence still I would have been sticking with it until the Note 8 came out. Not a huge amount of difference. With 7.0 the only big difference with the S8 would be the newer processor.
    04-24-2017 06:41 PM

You can remove the NFC icon from the status bar. Just swipe down twice and toggle it off. Or do the same from the settings menu.
    04-24-2017 11:23 PM
    You can remove the NFC icon from the status bar. Just swipe down twice and toggle it off. Or do the same from the settings menu.
    But that's just turning it off. I want it on, but no icon hehe
    04-25-2017 06:35 AM
    I don't believe so. I know when I first did Nova back on the Moto before this S8+ (it was awhile since I used Nova) it went through a setup. I chose the options like the Pixel.
    This phone is BEAST!-s8plus_pixelxl1.jpgThis phone is BEAST!-s8plus_pixelxl2.jpg

OK so it does kinda have it. Its not the same menus that come up on my Pixel.
    04-25-2017 08:16 AM
    But that's just turning it off. I want it on, but no icon hehe
    My Sprint s8 plus does not show the nfc icon when it is on.
    04-25-2017 08:28 AM
    My Sprint s8 plus does not show the nfc icon when it is on.
    Lucky, lol
    04-25-2017 08:37 AM