06-19-2017 09:35 AM
42 12
tools
    Get some liquid nano.
    05SSRX801 likes this.
    04-24-2017 11:32 PM
    I don't understand what you mean? I am pretty sure the NeoFlex from Spigen is case friendly with the Spigen Rugged Armor case, if it is case friendly with the Tough Armor and the NeoHybrid.
    I'm using the neoflex with tough armor and it's fine. I got a spec of dust in the corner though and it's annoying me and I don't really like the way it looks at an angle.
    04-24-2017 11:35 PM
    I've dropped a phone and shattered the tempered glass screen protector before. You peel off the protector and the phone screen is perfect. Without that screen protector, the broken glass would have been the phone screen.

The one that Verizon put on is terrible though. Same as you all have said, you have to push really hard on the screen, and their is an air pocket beneath the protector.
    04-25-2017 12:25 PM
    I've dropped a phone and shattered the tempered glass screen protector before. You peel off the protector and the phone screen is perfect. Without that screen protector, the broken glass would have been the phone screen.

The one that Verizon put on is terrible though. Same as you all have said, you have to push really hard on the screen, and their is an air pocket beneath the protector.

Watch this...
    04-25-2017 12:41 PM
    Everybody is different , some of us just prefer to not risk damage to our pride and joy .
    All of my phones have a case and tempered glass screen protector.
    To me any slight negatives not having a naked device are far out weighed by not having to worry about dropping the device or scratching it up.

i think its INSANE that in 2017 we STILL have to CHOOSE between the two

i'm one who can ABSOLUTELY not have a case or a skin or a protector (front or back) without it driving me crazy within an hour.

I would say the #1 reason i returned my S8+ was due to how delicate and ungainly it was to hold with the added length.

Before ordering i went to look at it @ Best Buy and wasn't thrilled with how slippery it felt in hand, but i reasoned i wouldn't be handling it "out in the wild" that often since i had my LTE Frontier watch but sadly, even tho that DID reduce the times i had to "take it out to use it", it was STILL too often to risk using it totally unprotected. All it takes is ONE bad fall, its over!

And then when i thought about having to sink the add'l cost of insurance into an already already wayyyy too expensive device, it just didn't add up for me.

Hear this: The first phone manufacturer that can (or is willing to) design an absolutely beautiful & powerful phone that either allows for a "do it yourself" screen replacement that costs about 20 bucks by a twist of a tiny screw or snap will truly shake up the industry.

BTC
    04-26-2017 04:54 AM
    i think its INSANE that in 2017 we STILL have to CHOOSE between the two

i'm one who can ABSOLUTELY not have a case or a skin or a protector (front or back) without it driving me crazy within an hour.

I would say the #1 reason i returned my S8+ was due to how delicate and ungainly it was to hold with the added length.

Before ordering i went to look at it @ Best Buy and wasn't thrilled with how slippery it felt in hand, but i reasoned i wouldn't be handling it "out in the wild" that often since i had my LTE Frontier watch but sadly, even tho that DID reduce the times i had to "take it out to use it", it was STILL too often to risk using it totally unprotected. All it takes is ONE bad fall, its over!

And then when i thought about having to sink the add'l cost of insurance into an already already wayyyy too expensive device, it just didn't add up for me.

Hear this: The first phone manufacturer that can (or is willing to) design an absolutely beautiful & powerful phone that either allows for a "do it yourself" screen replacement that costs about 20 bucks by a twist of a tiny screw or snap will truly shake up the industry.

BTC
    That would void any warranty you would have on the phone, and ruin any water resistance.
    04-26-2017 05:12 AM
    I never use screen protectors but I recently bought a air skin case for work for the s8+ and the thing comes off in my pocket. I think it's because the s8+ is too thin along with the curves.
    04-26-2017 05:34 AM
    That would void any warranty you would have on the phone, and ruin any water resistance.
    They can work around that... have the display sit under a pane of user-replaceable glass. Countersink it to make ease of installation and so the edge sits flush with the frame. The display underneath would be waterproof, and if properly adhered, its not like water will be able to weasel its way under the glass.

Granted, those bonded displays are the rage... less material between your eyes and the display matrix looks nicer.. but as I never had a phone without something added on top, it wouldn't affect me much.

Curved screens.. meh... I tried, in vain, to get a screen protector that fit my wife's S7 Edge. After several failed attempts across a few different brands, I gave up. Either there were nasty halos, or the damn thing would pull up when put in a case, etc. 6 months in and there are no visible scratches, just those microfine ones you see if the light hits it just right.. it IS protected in a wallet case. But.... that phone is going back to T-Mobile shortly (replaced by a G6 that has a nice, edge to edge tempered glass screen proc that fits nicely even in the case.
    04-26-2017 10:20 AM
  9. Iphone6PlusOnlyLastedAYearWithRegularUse's Avatar
    I just played around with the galaxy S8 in windows store and an iPhone 7/7 plus in the apple store at the mall. I will not be buying either this is a conclusion because the wrap around screen seemed like a neat idea until I played around with it it feels unstable in hand, the iphone 7 was killed with the home button being replaced with a taptic feedback button when I pushed the home button son it the whole bottom of the phone moved very scary and worrisome I loved the iphone for the home button before, and I loved android because it had an edge to the screen. I will be sticking with LG for my next upgrade I think and there are some things that shouldn't be changed the old adage if it's not broke and works good don't change it. 😱😱
    06-17-2017 01:20 PM
    I used screen protector once back when i had an iphone now i just use a cheap plastic case for grip and go screen naked.
    Never broke a phone,never dropped one either. I can understand though that those who work in tough environement (constructions and such) need more protection but for the general people this is not necessary anymore unless you really plan on reselling in 2 years (obviously i don't).
    06-17-2017 01:32 PM
    I have ordered an S8 and am taking a huge risk with it as I DO fear for the screen. It is insanely fragile. Clearly so. I have ordered a good case and a glass screen protector to go with it.

Having been an iPhone guy since the 4S I have always used a glass screen cover and no question they have saved my @ss a number of times. The S8 is nowhere near as sturdy as the iPhones (though the the soon to be released iPhone 8 is likely going to be just as fragile as the S8's).

If my S8 has an accident and cracks I'll claim it and then sell the sucker.

I also am very much looking forward to seeing the Essential Phone in person. it's construction does look to be superior and in the direction these companies need to go. All glass is just asking for trouble.
    06-18-2017 11:31 PM
    Its not friendly for screen protectors, especially if you have a case as well.
    If you've been on this forum long enough you would've heard people complaining about that. It was the main reason why I got rid of my S8 Plus. I wanted​ to keep my phones for at least a year or two. Screen protector is required for me. The S8 Active is going to be a much better option with the flat screen, however you'll have to get it unlocked because it's only on AT&T
    06-19-2017 01:33 AM

BTC
    Or just make the darn screen flat again like they used to. At least the screen portion like like iPhone which has a very slight 2.5 curve, still allowed for a screen protector. Screen protector can cost and only a $1 or less.

The G6 is a great example of a beautiful phone with a flat screen. Just too bad there was no removable battery.
    06-19-2017 01:36 AM
    I have ordered an S8 and am taking a huge risk with it as I DO fear for the screen. It is insanely fragile. Clearly so. I have ordered a good case and a glass screen protector to go with it.

Having been an iPhone guy since the 4S I have always used a glass screen cover and no question they have saved my @ss a number of times. The S8 is nowhere near as sturdy as the iPhones (though the the soon to be released iPhone 8 is likely going to be just as fragile as the S8's).

If my S8 has an accident and cracks I'll claim it and then sell the sucker.

I also am very much looking forward to seeing the Essential Phone in person. it's construction does look to be superior and in the direction these companies need to go. All glass is just asking for trouble.
    It'll scratch because Gorilla Glass 5 is easy to scratch, though more durable. I'd wait for the S8 Active with the flat screen.
    06-19-2017 01:39 AM
    Shouldn't need one. Gorilla glass 5 is kind of hard to scratch.
    Wrong. Gorilla Glass 5 is harder to shatter, but scratches more easily. I've owned all of the Galaxy series and the S8 scratches the easiest. The S4, S5, & Note 3 were very difficult to scratch.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/...ily/td-p/93816
    tabs31 likes this.
    06-19-2017 01:41 AM
    It'll scratch because Gorilla Glass 5 is easy to scratch, though more durable. I'd wait for the S8 Active with the flat screen.
    AT&T exclusive so no good for me. Verizon is the only option in my area if you want to keep your sanity.
    06-19-2017 03:27 AM
    My wife is using an S8+ without any screen protection and that Gorilla Glass 5 seems pretty tough until now. She somehow managed to drop it but the display took it very well. No signs of damage at all! However, it wasn't from a very big height...
    06-19-2017 09:35 AM
42 12